Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DA's office said at the very outset the death penalty would not be requested. The reason given was that it would be commuted anyway. So there's no reason to pursue it just for show as a DP trial tends to cost more and have other difficulties. (Harder to seat a jury for one thing. Usually would have a separate punishment phase once guilt is determined. Sometimes, despite careful voir dire, a juror may not vote for guilt because of the possibility of the death penalty.) While the DA mentioned the DP as a possibility more recently, I've not seen anything to suggest there has been an official change in stance since the original announcement saying it would not be pursued.
JMO

I haven’t heard anything except rumblings either. However finding him may have changed that. But you’re right it will likely get taken off the table for budgetary and timing reasons due to covid etc.

The DA's office said at the very outset the death penalty would not be requested. The reason given was that it would be commuted anyway. So there's no reason to pursue it just for show as a DP trial tends to cost more and have other difficulties. (Harder to seat a jury for one thing. Usually would have a separate punishment phase once guilt is determined. Sometimes, despite careful voir dire, a juror may not vote for guilt because of the possibility of the death penalty.) While the DA mentioned the DP as a possibility more recently, I've not seen anything to suggest there has been an official change in stance since the original announcement saying it would not be pursued.
JMO

I will be in the potential jury pool for this trial and would have a very hard time if it was a death penalty case. The one time I have been a juror was a civil trial (medical malpractice) last fall. In Colorado, civil trials require "a preponderance of the evidence." Even with that, I had a hard time keeping an open mind until deliberation since the plaintiff said something on the stand which I found very prejudicial to her case. After three hours of deliberation, we found for the defense.

Here for Gannon!
giphy.gif

It appears today's hearing for paralegal S Farstveet was rescheduled to July 27 at 1:30 pm (paralegal accused of leaking AA).

Docket for: Adams County - Adams County Justice Center
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/27/20
1:30 PM 1Hr
FARSTVEET, SHERIE
Disposition Hearing
C12020M1924
Adams County DIV R

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

It appears today's hearing for paralegal S Farstveet was rescheduled to July 27 at 1:30 pm (paralegal accused of leaking AA).

7/27/20
FARSTVEET, SHERIE
Disposition Hearing
C12020M1924
Adams County DIV R

I'm not keeping track of this.... should I?

Good Morning.

The owner of this donut shop offers gum with donuts, which I thought was funny.

Click on the image to see this better.

JMVHO.

voodooDonutShop.jpg

Image courtesy of Big Stock Photos, purchased with a license by me.

Good Morning.

The owner of this donut shop offers gum with donuts, which I thought was funny.

Click on the image to see this better.

JMVHO.

View attachment 254764

Image courtesy of Big Stock Photos, purchased with a license by me.

OT: Voodoo Donuts are the best! Look them up. Super popular where I live.

It’s the paralegal that leaked the arrest affidavit. Keep track if you follow every detail, otherwise you’ll hear whatever comes of it on here eventually, lol. Personally, I have to pick and choose which details to follow, as I get overwhelmed!

Yes, I know what the case is about - just wanted to know if any of you here want me to post "when" this hearings will be happening along with LS's court dates?

7/27/20
FARSTVEET, SHERIE
Disposition Hearing
C12020M1924
Adams County DIV R

Hey @Seattle1 - can I bother you to tell me "what" are her exact charges & "when" was she charged? Or maybe you know where to find the documents to her case?
TIA! :)

Hey @Seattle1 - can I bother you to tell me "what" are her exact charges & "when" was she charged? Or maybe you know where to find the documents to her case?
TIA! :)

Charged on May 5, 2020

The charge is "official misconduct" by a municipal employee.

SF was issued a citation for the misdemeanor.

She could face between three months and 364 days in jail or a fine of between $250 and $1,000 or both if convicted, according to a statement from the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

Farstveet will be prosecuted in the 17th Judicial District, where she worked.

Brighton employee charged in leaking of Colorado court document - Sentinel Colorado

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-8-404. First degree official misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member