The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many, many reports out there about MM, and there is a common thread among them, namely being that she was demanding, not in the sense of industriousness, but in the sense that she wasn't respectful to staff. That seems to be more where the problem lies than "real world" work habits. It's the sense of entitlement that rankled, from what I've read.

Also, I'm not sure that "real world work habits" are very admirable if they include skipping a military/veteran obligation to attend a celebrity bash.

The info in the law suit, though, is just gobsmacking, not only for the bizarre lack of understanding about the Royal Family structure itself, but also for the fact that she's admitting that she wanted to do "paid work", so to speak. I can hardly believe she would admit that!!!!

There are many, many reports out there about MM, and there is a common thread among them, namely being that she was demanding, not in the sense of industriousness, but in the sense that she wasn't respectful to staff. That seems to be more where the problem lies than "real world" work habits. It's the sense of entitlement that rankled, from what I've read.

Also, I'm not sure that "real world work habits" are very admirable if they include skipping a military/veteran obligation to attend a celebrity bash.

The info in the law suit, though, is just gobsmacking, not only for the bizarre lack of understanding about the Royal Family structure itself, but also for the fact that she's admitting that she wanted to do "paid work", so to speak. I can hardly believe she would admit that!!!!

More gobsmacking:

“Why is it that a couple so keen on wanting a new life seem so obsessed with the past? For that is the very strong impression that Harry and Meghan are giving the world. Just six months ago, the couple announced they yearned for a new beginning.

Ripping up the royal rule-book, they stood down as members of the Royal Family, dropped their HRH titles, moved thousands of miles away and embarked on their own way of doing things. A new start. Finally, as they saw it: freedom.

But instead of looking to the future, they seem consumed with what they left behind.

The stories were a drop in the ocean compared to what was going on,' said one who knows the Duchess well. 'They [the Sussexes] come across as needy, entitled and professional victims. It is always someone else's fault, never theirs.'

Meanwhile, as they sit in their £14.5 million, rented Beverly Hills villa with 12 bathrooms and a swimming pool, what of their lofty aims to 'effect change' by 'pursuing their own charitable interests' as their website Sussex Royal so grandly claimed?”

How are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle filling their days in a 12-bathroom Hollywood mansion? | Daily Mail Online

I watched the musical Hamilton and now I'm really interested in King George 3. I learned about his wife Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz , never cared to read about him.
He was comic relief in Hamilton, but now I want to know what he thought about America and the disease that he apparently had called Porphyria.

Ten things you didn't know about George III

gold_state_coach.jpg

The gold carriage that he commissioned in 1760 and is still used today by the Royal family (see link above).

king-george-iii-wikicommonsjpg.jpg

https://www.biography.com/royalty/king-george-iii
King George 3 "In 1788, illness brought on a mental breakdown, but he briefly recovered, regaining popularity and admiration for his virtue and steady leadership through the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars. Ultimately, recurring bouts of insanity led Parliament to enact regency to his son, and George III lived his final years with sporadic periods of lucidity, until his death in 1820."

BBM

This is precisely the turning point for me.

Military veteran & service patron HRH Harry was on the court calendar for months for the centennial of the Royal Marines.

The Royal Marines didn't see their patron, HRH Harry.

Instead, we saw Meghan Markle hug Beyonce.

Everything I need to know, right there. Everything!

JMHO YMMV LRR

What's this all about?

A friend added: 'She was brought up by her parents and there was going to be no free ride in her family.

'She wasn't born to be the eldest daughter of a duke and duchess and find a marvelous marriage and polish her tiaras.'

Strange comment. Does it mean to criticize Beatrice? Whatever for. That woman has had a bad string of luck recently trying to have a wedding.

Strange comment. Does it mean to criticize Beatrice? Whatever for. That woman has had a bad string of luck recently trying to have a wedding.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head. Is there a married eldest daughter somewhere? Or was it just a bad way with words?

Meghan Markle left Kate 'upset' with 'foot-stamping rant' at royal staff

"And it was that incident, that I was told by someone who was actually there, who said it was really uncomfortable because Meghan just lost it with this person.

"The reason she lost it with Kate's member of staff was that she, Meghan, didn't feel that this person was giving her the sort of attention she deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288