CANADA Steve Gardin, 40, North Vancouver (BC), Lynn Canyon Park, October 19, 2016

Do I get this right he was camping in Lynn Canyon and was working on a farm in Vancouver? Is known what farm? Who did he tell he was planning to go to Vancouver Island...the Police, as this seems to be the last known contact before the family realized he disappeared.

Yes, he had informed the police that he was travelling to Vancouver island to work on a farm.

Seeing Vancouver Island....wow...just wow....I think I've fallen in love....Bucket list stuff. Did Steven had any transportation (car?) There are only two ways to go the Island from Vancouver if I'm right...by plain or with a ferry. Is there any way to check if he was a passenger....maybe it's to long ago?

We are unsure of how he got to Vancouver Island. Prior to his disappearance his Father and step-mother had dropped him off at the air port in Toronto as he was flying to Australia, to work on a farm there. It was approximately a year after he left, and hadn't contacted any family members that a missing persons report was filed and was informed by the police/RCMP about his encounter with members of law enforcement in Vancouver.

Knowing my Uncle, it is possible he had a vehicle, but very unlikely.

It's been widely discussed in his thread, but I still find Steven Gardin to strongly resemble Mostly Harmless in Florida.
upload_2020-7-1_8-29-53-jpeg.253671
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to take a look at my Uncles case. I have come across this case but I can confirm that it is NOT Steven Gardin. I had his Father and Step-Mom (My Grandparents) take a look as well, and they can confirm that it is NOT him.

Although we know he was last seen in Vancouver and was travelling to Vancouver Island to work on a farm, it is quite possible that he may even be in a different country. He has travelled to many different countries to work on farms (Austrailia, New Zealand, Haiti, etc)

Although we know he was last seen in Vancouver and was travelling to Vancouver Island to work on a farm, it is quite possible that he may even be in a different country. He has travelled to many different countries to work on farms (Austrailia, New Zealand, Haiti, etc)
I live in BC so I have seen this case mentioned in the past on media
Hello,
I am Steven's niece, after being seen in Lynn Canyon park (camping) he was heading to Vancouver island. It is not likely that he is heading home
I live in BC so I have seen this case in the media but not lately. From what you have said his mode of transportation was walking and public transport. As far as going to Vancouver Island, yes, the ferry would seem to be the only way he would've gone there (flying is expensive and/or inconvenient). You can walk onto the ferry without a vehicle of course, and it is reasonably priced. I wonder if LE checked out video cameras, sightings of him at the time as far as Horseshoe Bay dock, etc. As far as him having a bright orange tent, you would think that the fact they didn't find it, at least, indicates he had moved on. It is a dense, large park and there are bears, although if he had an encounter with one, you would think there would've been a sign of that. Perhaps he got lost further into the park, not sure how far the search expanded. The main area of the park where the suspension bridge is, is well walked by residents and tourists, and so I think he would've been found if in that general area. I hope he is found, it must be so hard for all the family.

Hello,
Im not sure how this site works, in all honesty or what a verified professional/insider members means or anything.

@krysminicuci
I understand...sorry, I should have explained it better. When you are verified you do not have to provide links/sources outside WS to back up what you say. That is one of the rules on WS.

Of course you are Steve's niece, no doubt about that, but basically anyone can pretend to be a family member or an insider and could potentially spread false or inaccurate information without a possibility for verification. To protect victims and family members from that, you can become a "verified insider". I hope I explained it good enough, otherwise I hereby ask more experienced members to add.

Here is peace about it in the WS rules.

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or a suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, (I.e., a private investigator), can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact WS Administration at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

Hello,
Yes he was very interested in agriculture/biological and sustainable growing as well as permaculture. I have contacted a few individuals off of his facebook, that had a direct link to my Uncle. Whether it be one of his teachers, or friends. But have not received any replies.

What a disappointment...did you do it a long time ago? Through Facebook/messenger? Maybe you could give it another try...send a reminder.... or would that be considered to pushy?...maybe a lot of them are no longer active on FB. I hope you find the strength to keep on searching.

I found some older information, him being a teacher for the Permaculture Research Institute, Zaytuna farm North South Wales in Australia. In 2012/2013 he did a lot of courses himself, earned a lot of certificates and also did teach there himself. Under "teacher" you can see his name and the graduates he taught in July 2013. Permacultureglobal.org - the interactive map and database of the Worldwide Permaculture Network

You can link through to his teachers profile from those days.
My Profile | Permacultureglobal.org - the interactive map and database of the Worldwide Permaculture Network

About Steve Gardin
I've spent most of the last decade helping to run a soup kitchen, But before that I'd spent my time Wwoofing and living in intentional communities. I'd spent lots of time on organic and biodynamic farms but no examples of deep permaculture.

then through the magic of the internet, I've become more and more impressed with permaculture and I want in.
My main interest is in food security and aid work for rural community.I want to build something to really show people how good it could be.I want to propagate and graft trees to trade for labor, permablitzing my subversive way across the horizon and back planting forests.

It's a global network with lot's of people in the field, also followers of him in those days. He joined in 2012, saying from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, specialized in cold weather climate.

Is this Steve too? He looks a lot like him in the picture and also the story is adding up.
Steve Gardin

It's strange that his age says 43 with a membership since 2013 (if he used his right birthday/age he would have been 37, born approx 1976) The last time he logged in was 7 years ago. I don't want to register...maybe there is more to find out.

I hope your uncle will be found safe soon. My question would be what is the longest he's gone in the past without contacting family?
And is there a missing person poster to share online?

Hello all,
I am Steven's niece and I am very thankful for everyone who has taken the time to help locate him. Here is some additional information regarding Steven.
- He is an outdoors kind of man
- He typically works on farms, extremely knowledgable and well educated in permaculture and all this agriculture
- Has travelled to various countries working in the agriculture field (some countries include, Australia, New Zeland, Hawaii, etc)
- He was last seen in a park (Lynn Canyon) in North Vancouver camping in a bright orange tent
Farm in Vancouver going to Vancouver island. Prior to being in Vancouver he was in Australia working on a farm.

Hello all,
I am Steven's niece and I am very thankful for everyone who has taken the time to help locate him. Here is some additional information regarding Steven.
- He is an outdoors kind of man
- He typically works on farms, extremely knowledgable and well educated in permaculture and all this agriculture
- Has travelled to various countries working in the agriculture field (some countries include, Australia, New Zeland, Hawaii, etc)
- He was last seen in a park (Lynn Canyon) in North Vancouver camping in a bright orange tent
Farm in Vancouver going to Vancouver island. Prior to being in Vancouver he was in Australia working on a farm.

Hi, how are you? Has Steve been found?

I've seen him on Stewart Island in New Zealand December 27th 2019. We stayed at the same backpacker hostel for 2 days. Please contact me on my e-mail if willing to discuss more.

natjaranowska@gmail.com

I've seen him on Stewart Island in New Zealand December 27th 2019. We stayed at the same backpacker hostel for 2 days. Please contact me on my e-mail if willing to discuss more.

natjaranowska@gmail.com

Wow, this is unexpected. How wonderful you found this thread. Bless you! I hope @krysminicuci is checking out this thread now and then and will contact you. She was last active on December 30, 2020. You could also try to send her a PM or contact the authorities.

natjaranowska@gmail.com

Please contact the law enforcement in charge of his case to discuss this. They have asked for tips (first post in the thread).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back