Found Deceased WI - Kodie Dutcher, 10, may be suicidal, Baraboo, 6 July 2020

I live in WI and got this Amber Alert on my phone last night, could hardly sleep, have been nauseous ever since. This poor, poor girl. I just want to give her the biggest hug in the world. The note she left to her mother broke my heart in two.

BARABOO (WKOW) -- Family members and police are putting out the call out for volunteers to help search for a missing Baraboo girl.

Kodie Dutcher, 10, is the subject of an AMBER Alert sent out Monday night.

As of 8 a.m., family members were gathering at Baraboo State Bank on 8th Street.

Or, police say anyone from the community wanting to help search should call the Baraboo Police Department at (608) 356-4895.

"We're very concerned for Kodie. This is a 10-year-old who doesn't [do this,] this is not normal behavior for her," said Baraboo Police Capt. Rob Sinden.

Dutcher has been missing since 4 p.m. Monday. Dutcher was last seen in the 1100 block of 12th Street in Baraboo.

Authorities say Emergency Services have checked the area but have not been able to find her. Dutcher left behind her cell phone and shoes.
Family calls for volunteers to help search for missing Baraboo girl

Everyone questioning a 10 year old being suicidal -
I wrote my first suicide note at age 9. My home life was hard, I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, my parents were getting a divorce.
Depression knows no age, no gender, no income level. It can be beyond brutal. It does not discriminate.

I wrote my first suicide note at age 9. My home life was hard, I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, my parents were getting a divorce.
Depression knows no age, no gender, no income level. It can be beyond brutal. It does not discriminate.

In my experience only, I totally agree. True clinical depression doesn’t have to be the result of circumstances either and can cause a struggle at any age.

I have no idea about the backstory so to speak with this precious girl, and honestly, it doesn’t matter. Finding her safe is the one and only thing that matters.

My own depression started around 10/11 (though no suicidal ideation til older). Starting puberty seems to have been a partial trigger. The changing hormones can really do a number on kids.
I hope she's found safe and well. She has so much ahead of her and so much to experience and enjoy. Praying for her safe return.

For sure kids can be depressed, there have been 8 year olds who have committed suicide ,especially this time, no school, can't see their friends and who knows what goes on in anyone's household? School was my escape for 2/3 households I lived in. Still, too many guardians have made me always skeptical when a child goes missing. I hope she is found safe and sound and hasn't harmed herself or been harmed.

Depression and suicidal thoughts do start this young and younger. Bullying is so painful and school stressful for some children. They are also exposed to the concept of self harm through media and from peers. IMO.

Please be safe. My heart really goes out to her parents. Please no judgement. I hope she's home safe today.
And from parents and/or parental figures. My son was mentally/emotionally and verbally abused by his stepmother, from the age of 8 until about the age of 17 when he completely snapped. His suicidal thoughts started at age 10 and by 12 he had full blown suicidal ideation, a plan in place. His father refused to acknowledge all of this (I think because if he acknowledged any part of it, then he would also have to acknowledge his part, even when he was called out by the state, the psychiatrists and psychologists, the LCSW and more. And to this day, 10 years later, he still cannot take any responsibility) and I, who didn’t have legal custody over my son, had to take him to the emergency department for a mental evaluation. And so much more.

I’m NOT saying that her parents have anything to do with the cause of this, I’m just pointing out that sometimes children experience trauma from their parents which can lead them to situations like these. MOO.

Exactly, and at 10 you don't even have the language to describe depression. It's a horribly lonely feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back