GA GA - Patrice Endres, 38, Cumming, 15 April 2004

Just watched this episode. For the life of me I don't understand why the husband wouldn't give her son his mothers remains now that he is adult, when he is just keeping them in a closet (to me it looked like he wasn't even sure where in the closet they were). Perhaps they would bring Pistol a bit of peace knowing he had his mom with him. He looked like a tortured soul to me.
Because the husband specifically said he didn’t like the “kid”. He’s just being vindictive and it’s sad that Pistol has had to deal with this most of his life.

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that her husband asked the funeral home to "reassemble" her remains, carried her skull around, slept with her ashes? And keeps referring to her ashes as if they are her in the present tense? He spoke like a serial killer. Barely blinked. Defensive to the maximum and openly hostile towards his deceased wife's son. It sounds like everyone knows he is involved somehow, but there's not enough evidence for a case. Absolutely heart-wrenching stuff.

The husband had a degree on criminology. If he didn't want to get caught I'm sure he knew exactly what to do. I was five minutes into the episode and felt immediately suspicious of him before he started talking about her remains that way.... But what really struck me was his lack of empathy for the son and quite obvious obsession with his wife. He asked "what is my motive?". Simply that he could not handle her belonging to anyone else. Including her son.

So tragic. My heart goes out to Pistol and his friends and family.

I think he lied about sleeping with her ashes. He claimed to never take them out of the box and said "look how beat up the box is" and I didn't think it was beat up at all. He got those ashes and shoved them in the closet. Doesnt care about them but doesn't want the son to have them. And his saying 'I have her'. Creepy McCreeperson for sure. I am leaning towards him or that serial killer who confessed to throwing her off the bridge.

Though, I also wondered if her last client was looked at. He left and got call as he was leaving and she got call about same time and was short with caller and distracted. The actor they used had longish white hair which could be confused as a woman....the one eye witness lady said she saw women other eye witness said man with shoulder length hair.

Would like to know if the husband or the last client or that serial killer drove a blue car like described?

I just watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode and it's so obvious that the husband did it. Lots of things.. never once did he seem to be curious who killed her... instead talking about all the reasons why it couldn't be him. Locked the doors before he even knew what had happened to her. He was obsessed with her and she was leaving him. He asked the bones to be laid out? Last time he saw her "intact?" His wording was creepy in a lot of spots. And sleeps with her ashes. In his mind he won.. he has her forever. I feel so bad for the son. I hope they can get evidence to charge him.

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that her husband asked the funeral home to "reassemble" her remains, carried her skull around, slept with her ashes? And keeps referring to her ashes as if they are her in the present tense? He spoke like a serial killer. Barely blinked. Defensive to the maximum and openly hostile towards his deceased wife's son. It sounds like everyone knows he is involved somehow, but there's not enough evidence for a case. Absolutely heart-wrenching stuff.
YES! I watched his body language or rather it jumped out at me when he said he had studied criminology and knew the husband is always #1 to be questioned. I knew that and I am not a crime expert. The story the son told which was backed up by others and conflicted with his claim they never argued. Unlikely. Saying crude things walking by son's room. Changing the locks so quickly. What if she came home. Leaving Pistol homeless. Asking for the bones to be laid out and admitting to picking up skull. Sleeping with ashes. He may have his receipt from gas station and entering work but he certainly acts suspicious.

So I was on social media one of the days and I came across a post that was saying things like "did you watch the episode with the husband, he's got to have done it!", so I scrolled around and found what series it was and started watching it from ep1 and then got to ep2..
This episode creeped me out! Many will agree with me and agree with why. The Husband.

Looking back in posts, you don't see much about the husband, then now in 2020 after watching a documentary interview with the guy you can see something just isn't right about it all.
Now don't get me wrong, some people find their own ways to go on with grief. Sleeping with the ashes is to me an odd and strange thing to do but it could bring comfort to others who don't find it odd/strange. We all work differently with our emotions of course.
That being said, the whole "I have her" sentiment is ultimately pointing towards something different. This man wanted his wife to stay with him till "death do us part" and maybe thats what happened. Obviously no one ultimately knows but this guy gives off those vibes big time!
When asked about her ashes, I was shocked that he pulled the box out of the cupboard. To me, a persons Ashes are usually placed somewhere thats not confined like a mantlepiece or a lot of the times, spread somewhere dear to that person on behalf of their memory. Not a cupboard.

And Pistol, my heart goes out to him! He's had such a rough time of it all and to then be told he couldn't have his mothers ashes, not even enough to fill a locket or anything is heartbreaking.
I really hope he can find the answers to what happened one day and he eventually is able to get his moms ashes, it's only right she be with her son.

I think he lied about sleeping with her ashes. He claimed to never take them out of the box and said "look how beat up the box is" and I didn't think it was beat up at all. He got those ashes and shoved them in the closet. Doesnt care about them but doesn't want the son to have them. And his saying 'I have her'. Creepy McCreeperson for sure. I am leaning towards him or that serial killer who confessed to throwing her off the bridge.

Though, I also wondered if her last client was looked at. He left and got call as he was leaving and she got call about same time and was short with caller and distracted. The actor they used had longish white hair which could be confused as a woman....the one eye witness lady said she saw women other eye witness said man with shoulder length hair.

Would like to know if the husband or the last client or that serial killer drove a blue car like described?

yes, i've been wondering this too! although i think Rob is creepy and a real...piece of work to put it mildly, i'm kind of 50/50 on his guilt.

Curious about the last client though, since she disappeared in such a relatively short timeframe. What did he see? how did his appointment go? what was the last thing they said to each other?

I'm also curious about the people who attended the church that was near her remains. Killers very often choose locations that are familiar to them, so i would want to take a hard look at everyone that went to that church or at least was familiar with it.

My thing, too, is that it may not have been the husband who was physically there abducting and killing her. Couldn’t he have paid or otherwise convinced somebody else to do it? He’d know he would need a good alibi and that he wouldn’t want to be placed at that salon that day.

Another good theory I agree is to look at her last client that day. The timeline seems so tight.

And finally, seeing how her shop stood there by itself and she was in there every day alone, I’m not ruling out a random creep. Or even a previous client of hers who maybe came once or twice, got fixated on her, knows she is in there alone and watched and waited for her parking lot to empty that day. Hopefully investigators went back through her books and talked to every single past client.

My thing, too, is that it may not have been the husband who was physically there abducting and killing her. Couldn’t he have paid or otherwise convinced somebody else to do it? He’d know he would need a good alibi and that he wouldn’t want to be placed at that salon that day.

Another good theory I agree is to look at her last client that day. The timeline seems so tight.

And finally, seeing how her shop stood there by itself and she was in there every day alone, I’m not ruling out a random creep. Or even a previous client of hers who maybe came once or twice, got fixated on her, knows she is in there alone and watched and waited for her parking lot to empty that day. Hopefully investigators went back through her books and talked to every single past client.

regarding your last point, i can't help but wonder if Patrice's reported mood that morning is significant, or just a coincidence. Seeing as how she obviously went missing later that day, i would have a hard time believing it was coincidence. I wonder if someone either called or dropped in that morning and harassed her/made her generally feel uncomfortable and upset, and that accounts for the few people who said she seemed distracted and was short with them.

The “I have her” line seals it, IMO. That choice of verb, whether conscious or unconscious, revealed more than he ever intended to reveal.

“Have” is a possessive verb. If you “have” something it is yours. You own it. He easily could have replaced “I have her” with “she is all mine”. The friends and family say throughout the episode that he wanted her all to himself and was jealous of literally anyone else having a relationship with her. He denies that, but then just proves what they said was totally true when he can’t help himself with the “I have her” line. Chilling.

Things that NORMAL grieving relatives say about murdered loved ones include “she is back home where she is loved”, “she is finally back with us at rest”, etc. But this absolute creep made sure to say “I have her”.

He danced with her skull and held her bag of ashes, almost as if he was telling her one last time “you will never get away from me, you will always be mine”. He locked her son out of the house the day after she disappeared and prevented him from getting any remembrances of his mother. That is beyond petty, it’s downright punitive. It is blatantly OBVIOUS to anyone with even the slightest idea about how the human mind works that what her friends and son said were 100% true- he absolutely despised her son due to the attention she showed him and “stole” from him. The horrible treatment he gave the son with the snide and crude insults while she was alive is just further proof he truly hated that kid. He couldn’t even hide his hatred in the interview. He just had to mention one last time the one person who will never have her ashes... her son. Over-the-top filled with hate.

And he practically gloated in the interview and dared any of her friends and relatives to somehow prove it was him. People don’t get that defensive and almost threatening during interviews, even wrongly accused ones. It was like he was doing all he could not to explode on camera. Several times it looked like he was shaking.

Just listen to how the son, sister, and two close friends speak about her throughout the show and contrast it to how he speaks about her. The difference is obvious.

Last thing I’ll say is that it is extremely telling that he straight up lied on camera and said that they never argued and that their marriage was very happy. The son said he saw them fight constantly, and he has no reason to lie. Furthermore, her friends and relatives all said she was so unhappy with him, that she was going to divorce him, and that she told them so. Again, why would they lie? It’s obvious they argued. It’s obvious she really was wanting to leave him. An innocent man would just tell the truth- “well, yeah, we did have our share of arguments and we were going through a bit of a rocky patch before she disappeared, but I was hoping we could make it work”. That’s all he had to say. ALL marriages, even the happiest of ones, have their share of minor quarrels here and there. To deny any and all strife in the marriage makes him look far guiltier than if he had just copped to some arguments. You’d think someone who “studied criminology” (just slightly narcissistic bragging there) would have known that.

Last edited:
The “I have her” line seals it, IMO. That choice of verb, whether conscious or unconscious, revealed more than he ever intended to reveal.

“Have” is a possessive verb. If you “have” something it is yours. You own it. He easily could have replaced “I have her” with “she is all mine”. The friends and family say throughout the episode that he wanted her all to himself and was jealous of literally anyone else having a relationship with her. He denies that, but then just proves what they said was totally true when he can’t help himself with the “I have her” line. Chilling.

Things that NORMAL grieving relatives say about murdered loved ones include “she is back home where she is loved”, “she is finally back with us at rest”, etc. But this absolute creep made sure to say “I have her”.

He danced with her skull and held her bag of ashes, almost as if he was telling her one last time “you will never get away from me, you will always be mine”. He locked her son out of the house the day after she disappeared and prevented him from getting any remembrances of his mother. That is beyond petty, it’s downright punitive. It is blatantly OBVIOUS to anyone with even the slightest idea about how the human mind works that what her friends and son said were 100% true- he absolutely despised her son due to the attention she showed him and “stole” from him. The horrible treatment he gave the son with the snide and crude insults while she was alive is just further proof he truly hated that kid. He couldn’t even hide his hatred in the interview. He just had to mention one last time the one person who will never have her ashes... her son. Over-the-top filled with hate.

And he practically gloated in the interview and dared any of her friends and relatives to somehow prove it was him. People don’t get that defensive and almost threatening during interviews, even wrongly accused ones. It was like he was doing all he could not to explode on camera. Several times it looked like he was shaking.

Just listen to how the son, sister, and two close friends speak about her throughout the show and contrast it to how he speaks about her. The difference is obvious.

Last thing I’ll say is that it is extremely telling that he straight up lied on camera and said that they never argued and that their marriage was very happy. The son said he saw them fight constantly, and he has no reason to lie. Furthermore, her friends and relatives all said she was so unhappy with him, that she was going to divorce him, and that she told them so. Again, why would they lie? It’s obvious they argued. It’s obvious she really was wanting to leave him. An innocent man would just tell the truth- “well, yeah, we did have our share of arguments and we were going through a bit of a rocky patch before she disappeared, but I was hoping we could make it work”. That’s all he had to say. ALL marriages, even the happiest of ones, have their share of minor quarrels here and there. To deny any and all strife in the marriage makes him look far guiltier than if he had just copped to some arguments. You’d think someone who “studied criminology” (just slightly narcissistic bragging there) would have known that.

I agree with everything you said. And all those creepy and morbid post mortem gestures of possession... he had her skeleton composed, kissed her skull, took her ashes... it's like a trophy. Besides, evrybody gets rid of bills and tickets as soon as they're useless. He carefully treasured them to use them as his alibi; curiously enough, a truly innocent man wouldn't be so careful not to lose those things at the time, if he didn't know he would need to produce them. It's suspicious and seems like a very cruel and well planned crime.

That poor kid. My heart just broke for him, Patrice was clearly devoted to him. Rob is such an <insert word>. Pistol was just a kid when his mom went missing, kicked out of his house the next day, locks changed, not a single possession of his moms? Heartbreaking.

Who has a missing wife and thinks, hmm I’ll change the locks. Everyone else assumed she was still alive.

The way he said “assembled” or whatever, do we know if there is any indication if she’d been dismembered? Oh and how he imagined she was held and kept alive as a toy. I mean if someone I loved was missing then murdered I’d just like to think they were killed within minutes or hours and not dwell on them being raped repeatedly for an unknown period of time.

That poor kid. My heart just broke for him, Patrice was clearly devoted to him. Rob is such an <insert word>. Pistol was just a kid when his mom went missing, kicked out of his house the next day, locks changed, not a single possession of his moms? Heartbreaking.

Who has a missing wife and thinks, hmm I’ll change the locks. Everyone else assumed she was still alive.

The way he said “assembled” or whatever, do we know if there is any indication if she’d been dismembered? Oh and how he imagined she was held and kept alive as a toy. I mean if someone I loved was missing then murdered I’d just like to think they were killed within minutes or hours and not dwell on them being raped repeatedly for an unknown period of time.
It concerns me that someone would have such little compassion he'd change the locks on a child the day his mom went missing. If they lack that much compassion I could see them being capable of some pretty intense things....

Does anyone know what the death laws are in Georgia I desperately want pistol to get his moms Cremains back to him where they belong does rob even have legal grounds to have them

Very sad case & terrible crime. As odd & twisted PE's husband was, I don't think he committed the crime. Not because I don't think he's capable of doing something like this, but because he did have a fairly good alibi - and, no - I don't think he hired someone else to do this, either.

I do think it was just a random crime, probably committed by a criminal drifter passing through town. He/she?! figured that the hair salon was enough off the beaten path (given that it was off a road on it's own, and not near any other businesses) so they could do this somewhat undetected. However, why they thought a hair salon would carry a lot of $ is beyond me.

Very sad case & terrible crime. As odd & twisted PE's husband was, I don't think he committed the crime. Not because I don't think he's capable of doing something like this, but because he did have a fairly good alibi - and, no - I don't think he hired someone else to do this, either.

I do think it was just a random crime, probably committed by a criminal drifter passing through town. He/she?! figured that the hair salon was enough off the beaten path (given that it was off a road on it's own, and not near any other businesses) so they could do this somewhat undetected. However, why they thought a hair salon would carry a lot of $ is beyond me.
But it's not off on it's own road. The salon was right along Matt Highway (GA state route 369). When the picture is taken facing the hair salon, it appears isolated, but it is right against a busy state road - the parking lot abuts the state highway. It's probably busier now that it was in 2004, but even then there would be a decent amount of traffic driving by the location (I live not too far from there and drive by the location regularly).

But it's not off on it's own road. The salon was right along Matt Highway (GA state route 369). When the picture is taken facing the hair salon, it appears isolated, but it is right against a busy state road - the parking lot abuts the state highway. It's probably busier now that it was in 2004, but even then there would be a decent amount of traffic driving by the location (I live not too far from there and drive by the location regularly).

Thanks for the clarification. However, I still think the crime may have been committed by a drifter/transient passing through the area. He/she may have seen that the parking lot was relatively empty at some point, which is why they chose that place to rob & assault PE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back