GUILTY FL - Gretchen Anthony, 51, murdered, Abacoa / Jupiter, 20 March 2020 *husband arrested*

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-palm-beach-county/jupiter/template-jupiter

Update Regarding the phone call David Anthony placed to a deputy

It was previously reported that David Anthony placed a call to a Jupiter Police detective however the content of the conversation was not shared until now.
David Anthony's arrest report stated that on March 30, he called a Jupiter police detective and said Gretchen was receiving treatment for the coronavirus.

Anthony also said that Gretchen had uncovered illegal tax fraud at her employer, and she contacted the IRS about it and she was "terrified for her life and someone was sent to her house to hurt her the other weekend," the arrest report said.

Horrible details, but maybe the more they pile on, the more likely he’ll be to reveal where he hid her remains. What a self centered . And dumb! He knew to ambush her from her porch, but didn’t consider disabling security until after she’s laying in the garage bleeding from the head? Wow.

Horrible details, but maybe the more they pile on, the more likely he’ll be to reveal where he hid her remains. What a self centered ***. And dumb! He knew to ambush her from her porch, but didn’t consider disabling security until after she’s laying in the garage bleeding from the head? Wow.

I'm so glad the attack was caught on video. IMO, David Anthony seems quite the liar. I don't think he will confess, but it sounds like LE has plenty of evidence. Justice for Gretchen!

wow....I'm surprised I'm just hearing about this now. This guy thought he could cover this up with the virus...like no one could check to see if she had been admitted to the hospital?
And it's on video????
So stupid.

WHY. I will never be able to understand the two neighbors who heard her scream,and the attack yet did not pick up their phones and call 911. SMH. Something so wrong about that. MOO
I hope this is not true, but I would not be surprised. Every time I hear something weird I always look at the clock and I would not hesitate to call police. I bet most of us here do the same. Sadly, many do not and I'm like WTF?
I just don't get it.

Police body cam video shows violent arrest of David Anthony before wife's disappearance

The Sat night before Gretchen Anthony was last seen at work Mar 19, police arrested her estranged husband David Anthony on Singer Island.
Police body cam video obtained by WPBF 25 News shows the incident unfold.
It took two officers, including a sergeant to bring him to the ground, where David Anthony becomes apologetic.
David Anthony claimed he was just trying to turn on the air conditioning for his husky dog, which Animal Care and Control Officers later picked up.
In the video, you can see and hear officers searching David Anthony's truck say they found a large knife under the front seat, lots of cash and his passport.
Well there's your murder weapon.....
wow

Several thoughts about this case:

1) If he was in fact prowling for young girls, I wonder if his motive for marrying Gretchen was for access to her daughter?

2) Is he on drugs? Some of the text messages and observations from neighbors seem erratic and delusional, like the statement he made to a friend saying that he saw her in passing and that the recent charges against him were bogus. Very odd thought pattern in that whole statement (it’s quoted in one of the news articles).
well and here is the possible motive....ew

I hope this is not true, but I would not be surprised. Every time I hear something weird I always look at the clock and I would not hesitate to call police. I bet most of us here do the same. Sadly, many do not and I'm like WTF?
I just don't get it.
I've called once when a man my age was thrashing his 16 year old girlfriend in the downstairs,kitty corner from us appt, the 911 dispatcher could hear it. ( My doors,and windows closed). I also called in tears, when a former coworker was posting some cries for help on FB. I didn't even know her address,but I knew her name,and general neighborhood. The LEO that went there called me to thank me.

Friend of Missing Florida Woman Reveals There Were Strange Texts, An 'Alarming' Email

Officials believe that the homicide might have occurred on March 21, according to the police statement.

Jennifer Rogers, friend and colleague of Gretchen, told ABC News and Good Morning America that it was strange the 51-year-old had not informed any of her colleagues that she was not going into work.

They told reporters that they saw Gretchen Anthony at work on March 20, and according to them, the 51-year-old was in good spirits.

Rogers also told the news outlet that on March 24, she and several others received a strangely-worded email from Gretchen’s work email saying that she had developed a low-grade fever over the weekend of March 20, and on the morning of March 24, woke up with shortness of breath.

Rogers recalled that the way the email was phrased was very usual and didn’t seem at all like the way Gretchen would usually write.

“The language in the email was, it was alarming. Didn’t sound like her, you know, it was very strange,” Rogers said.

The search for Gretchen Anthony is still an ongoing investigation, and authorities are asking anyone who might have information regarding the case to come forward.

Friend of missing Florida mom speaks out

Rogers said that on March 24, she and her coworkers received what they described as an unusually worded email from Gretchen Anthony's work email address.

The message, allegedly written by Gretchen Anthony, according to police, said she'd developed "a low-grade fever over the weekend" and "awoke to shortness of breath this morning" and was going to the hospital to get tested for COVID-19, Rogers recalled.
At least four people including Gretchen Anthony's boss received text messages variously saying she was getting transported from the hospital into the custody of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for further observation, according to the Jupiter Police Department report.
Rogers said their boss alerted Gretchen Anthony's mother and then the police to conduct a wellness check.

Web cloud camera picked up bloody evidence in Jupiter murder case

Police are still looking for Gretchen Anthony and asking anyone with information to call the Jupiter Police Department.

David Anthony—wearing a face mask in court—said nothing during his court appearance.

“Mr. Anthony will be held no bond," the judge said.

A judge ordered him not to have any contact with the relatives of the deceased. He is charged with second-degree murder and kidnapping in the death of his wife, who hasn't been seen since late March.

The charges stunned members and staff at the Orangetheory Fitness studio, where David Anthony was hired as a fitness coach last November.

“There would be days where it would just be like, 'oh, that was the best workout I’ve ever had.' And then the next day, it was like he was just kind of acting a little strange today," Caplan said.

Another person at Orangetheory who knew David Anthony described him as “difficult to work with” and didn’t get along with the staff. He became aloof and irritated, and often showed up late. He was fired in February.

“Great coach to begin with. Hot and cold. You never kind of knew which David you were gonna get," Caplan said.

Former boss of Jupiter man accused of killing wife is 'shocked and devastated'

His former boss says she fired David Anthony from Orangetheory in 2017, and then rehired him in November 2019 after he vowed to be a better employee.

“To be a coach at Orangetheory, you have to be motivating. You have to inspire people, you have to take them for a one-hour workout," she said. "That cannot be taught. That is talent and he had that. He had a sense of humor when he was good. He was charming with people when he was good. He could talk to anybody and connect with them when he was having a good day. But if he was having a bad day, he would suck the life out of the room very quickly."

By that, Minervini says he could be very negative and gave everyone the impression he did not want to be there.

She says she fired Anthony in February for having a bad attitude.

Last edited:
Just saw this -- Passing along --

Friend told Fla. Mother to 'Stay Away' From Husband — Then Woman Vanished, and He Was Charged

Gretchen Anthony remains missing and Jupiter Police say the case is "active and ongoing"
A yoga enthusiast and doting mom to a preteen daughter, Gretchen Anthony was healthy and fit—so when her friends, family and coworkers got texts saying she’d been diagnosed with COVID-19 in mid-March, they believed she had a fighting chance against the virus.
[...]

“All we know is that she is saying she’s at a CDC facility because she has the virus,” one friend texted to Gretchen’s estranged husband, David Anthony, on March 25. “But something doesn’t seem right.”

It wasn’t. At the urging of concerned family members, police conducted a welfare check at Gretchen’s apartment March 25 and found no sign of her. Less than a week later, police tracked down Anthony, who they say actually sent those texts from Gretchen’s phone—and accused him of doing it to cover up her murder.

More here:
Friend told Fla. Mother to 'Stay Away' From Husband — Then Woman Vanished, and He Was Charged

This is quite a story, isn't it!?

I hope they find her soon and they can get him sentenced.
You said it. Where do they start? Landfills, bodies of water (and bodies do float, eventually), the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf? Fire pit?
Well, just dammit. Another one.
Whatever happened to the old,"It's cheaper to keep her" motto?
Was it some cute little 26-year old?
And every time, every time, they think they are smarter than all of LE and the rest of them -- the police, the investigators, the M.E's, the prosecutors, and the judges.
We'll see how it goes.
We need The Body...
Did she suspect anything?
The neighbors heard screams... Oh, my.
That poor woman.

Last edited:
Former boss of Jupiter man accused of killing wife is 'shocked and devastated'

His former boss says she fired David Anthony from Orangetheory in 2017, and then rehired him in November 2019 after he vowed to be a better employee.

“To be a coach at Orangetheory, you have to be motivating. You have to inspire people, you have to take them for a one-hour workout," she said. "That cannot be taught. That is talent and he had that. He had a sense of humor when he was good. He was charming with people when he was good. He could talk to anybody and connect with them when he was having a good day. But if he was having a bad day, he would suck the life out of the room very quickly."

By that, Minervini says he could be very negative and gave everyone the impression he did not want to be there.

She says she fired Anthony in February for having a bad attitude.

Good and informative post, SunSun -- thanks!
And this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
SunSun !!

I didn't read anything about his cell phone pinging but his truck was spotted at her house by two different neighbors.

"Police say another neighbor said he also heard the screams and saw David Anthony's truck parked on the road, with the bed loaded up and covered with a tarp. He also noticed that on Monday morning (March 23) , someone was cleaning something inside Gretchen Anthony's closed garage, as there was water "mixed with an unknown chemical" coming out of the garage door and into the alley. A third neighbor gave police surveillance video, showing what appears to be David Anthony's truck driving to and from the home around that time."
Mystery of missing Jupiter woman began with suspicious text messages
Did he not think that the neighbors might notice his presence and his doings in/around the house? What would he have said if a neighbor had come over and asked if he needed help with his "chores" and/or asking about his wife -- "How's she doing? Where is she? Is she inside? Is everything all right?" Somehow he got by all that... SMH

#SorryNotSorry

Thankfully it appears he made a lot of rookie mistakes and will not be easily defended in court.

In no way am I making light of his crime but all “good” criminals know it’s prudent to research your potential future accommodations BEFORE committing said crime. That way you can ensure they are suitable. Problem solved o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back