Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

swedeheart

Reaction score
Naya Rivera is missing and presumed dead after her four-year-old son was found alone in a boat | Daily Mail Online

Actress Naya Rivera is presumed dead after her four-year-old son was found alone in a boat on Lake Piru in California on Wednesday afternoon.

The Ventura County Sheriff's Department said that they began searching for a presumed drowning victim at the reservoir at around 1pm.

The Glee actress is said to have arrived at lake and rented a pontoon boat, taking her son out aboard.

At around 4pm, the boat was found with the child inside the victim missing and the car still parked at the lake.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 08.05.51.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 08.05.51.png
    781.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Actress Naya Rivera, known for 'Glee,' a possible drowning victim after going boating on Lake Piru

LAKE PIRU, Calif. (KABC) -- Actress Naya Rivera is missing and may have drowned, authorities say, after she went boating and swimming on Lake Piru with her young son on Wednesday.

She rented a boat at the lake with her 4-year-old son Wednesday afternoon. When the boat was overdue to be returned, staff at the lake found it with her child on board, but could not find her.

A search-and-rescue operation was undertaken at the lake but she was not found. Authorities suspended the search for the night and plan to resume on Thursday.

This doesn’t look good.

“Ventura County Sheriff's deputies found the 4-year-old boy on the boat -- presumably rented by Naya -- shortly before 5 PM on Lake Piru, but Naya was not there. Law enforcement sources tell us her son, Josey Hollis Dorsey, told deputies his mom had jumped in the water ... but didn't come back up.“

Naya Rivera Missing on SoCal Lake, Son Found Alive on Boat

She uploaded a picture of her and her boy yesterday on twitter. Really this gets too me. I hope a miracle occurs and she is found alive.
EcWzNpuU4AIVlOJ

Naya Rivera (@NayaRivera) on Twitter
<mod edit to include link to source the photo>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an article from 20 years ago about drownings at Lake Piru.

Lake Piru's Tragic Toll

Most victims are inexperienced swimmers who are not wearing life jackets and who overestimate their own abilities or swim in prohibited areas.
And after a 1997 drowning, park officials speculated that wind gusts and deep columns of chilly water on the lake, which is up to 160 feet deep depending on the time of year, can overtake swimmers quickly.

This is an article from 20 years ago about drownings at Lake Piru.

Lake Piru's Tragic Toll

Most victims are inexperienced swimmers who are not wearing life jackets and who overestimate their own abilities or swim in prohibited areas.
And after a 1997 drowning, park officials speculated that wind gusts and deep columns of chilly water on the lake, which is up to 160 feet deep depending on the time of year, can overtake swimmers quickly.
Thank you for finding this - I thought she may have hit her head in something but couldn’t figure out what in the middle of a lake

I am devastated over this. Glee was my favorite show. I got into it after Cory Monteith passed away and Naya was one of my favorites on there. This is so incredibly sad. I'm just wondering what happened to her? Naya loved her son, I doubt she would have jumped in there if she couldn't swim, and she would have never just left him. I wonder if she hit her head off something and couldn't get back up. Prayers going out to all her family and her friends. I know that many in the Glee cast are going to be devastated over this. She was closest to Kevin McHale and Heather Morris but was loved by all. Heather actually has a post on her Instagram stories asking for prayers that they find Naya. If you look her up her insta is heathermorristv

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back