Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays podcast that someone phoned the tip line and said a Remakel worked at Trendwest on the Gold Coast around 2000 - 2004 the tipster was a payroll lady and said she remembered the name.

Trendwest was timeshare

Wow, that is huge! Man I’d love to see the information the cops are finding right now!

That is very interesting. Is that information about a Remakel working for a property investment business in Australia from the latest Conversations on the podcast?
If that is the case, that does it for. There are no signs of any remakels in Australia and then we have an F. Remakel placing an ad in 2004 with the same birth year as Ferdinand. Ferdinand is involved in property investment in Luxembourg and then there is a Remakel working in property investment just a few years before not far away.
Marion changes her name to Remakel.
That’s it for me, he’s involved. The question is, what happened!

The ad was placed in 1994

Marion missing 1997

Remakel supposedly working for a timeshare company 2000-2004, she didn’t say what he did there, had not meet him, but felt she recognised the name from doing payroll,

Property investors are a dime a dozen

Last edited:
The ad was placed in 1994

Marion missing 1997

Remakel supposedly working for a timeshare company 2000-2004, she didn’t say what he did there, had not meet him, but felt she recognised the name from doing payroll,

Property investors are a dime a dozen

Whoops got a bit excited, sorry thought he worked there 1990-94. Yeah dates seem out being early 2000.

Haha! I met my now husband on RSVP back in 2006. We got married in 2008 and had our first baby that year as well. Now still married and with 4 children. It took me a few goes before I met him too.

RSVP launches on Valentine’s Day in Australia. It’s still a popular dating app Down Under today, with 30,000 new members joining every month.
A Brief History of Online Dating | Tinder Swipe Life

The first online dating sites began in 1994
Kiss.com, and Match.com

I don't think it's such a strange thing for Marion to have bought the French Newspaper. She clearly was a very cultured and classy lady and what better way to practice your French in order to get better at teaching it than to buy a French newspaper.

IMO it seems fanciful for her to buy a French newspaper even if she could understand French. I can speak French but I would not buy a French newspaper to find a man.

I agree it seems a bit odd for her to be buying a French newspaper, she did speak French and taught the children French, I found this post from 7 years ago from a former student

Catherine • 7 years ago

Miss Brown, as I knew her, was my 3rd grade teacher. I have such wonderful and fond memories of her. She used to take us (her whole class) to the ballet, and I can still remember most of the French she taught us - we conversed with her in french each and every morning for our whole year! The song I now sing to our 1 year old daughter, every night since she was born, is one of the many songs Miss Brown taught us 30 years ago. Miss Brown was one of the most cultured, beautiful women I knew. It would be wonderful if anyone with any information could come forward..

I get the feeling Marion was a bit eccentric so made buying the French paper fit with they way she was. ?

Funny I don't think Sally has commented on whether or not she felt her mother would buy that paper ? would be good to know her view.

I think its unlikely the connection was made by the ad in the paper, more than likely she connected with that same person another way, like internet dating, telephone dating or another newspaper. IMO
I don't thi

Wow! I only just listened to the latest podcast episode 2 nights ago so clearly it was the updated one. Why did they change it? That is VERY strange.

I am really frustrated and confused by the latest episode.

I heard the original version which they almost immediately replaced.

How could they upload an episode with specific medical details and a specific theory by Alison - and then retract it - as if nothing had happened. No real explanation as to why they they 'made a mistake'! Honestly I was gobsmacked - and suspicious.
We know Marion had a colonoscopy before she left - and she had a biopsy taken - which means the professionals WERE investigating something. And Alison stated she had a 5cm recatal tumour - which is huge! And then she says maybe this is why Marion wanted to run away etc she may have wanted to keep it a secret from her family! The next thing stated is that it was a mistake! Marion didn't have any health concerns and she just had a colonoscopy.!
She must have had a colonoscopy and a biopsy for a reason I'm thinking! !!
To me now - it makes perfect sense. She ran away, came back and hid away from her family and died in secret. Hence all the redacted stuff on the file. They haven't answered my questions on the Facebook page.
Any thoughts??
W

I had thought of this scenario already actually but the only thought I'd had was if she was/knew she was dying, then why didn't she leave any money or belongings to her kids?

I know that I shouldn’t be focusing on a statement that has been declared a mistake, but this scenario is the first that actually makes sense to me in this case. I’m building on everyone’s ideas here, but what if Marion received a diagnosis, decided to seek alternative care and used the ruse of a prolonged trip to the UK to receive this treatment without her family trying to convince her otherwise? She seems like such a spiritual lady, it seems entirely plausible to me that she could be interested in alternative therapies. Maybe she always planned to come back to Australia soon after a brief holiday in the UK, or maybe the treatment was supposed to happen in the UK but she had to come back for some other pressing business. If she died in the care of a alternative care provider/healer type person, or was being cared for in some kind of cult, they couldn’t really report her death without facing possible investigations or charges themselves, could they? The Twelve Tribes baby deaths are an example of this. This particular tribe didn’t trust or use standard medical care and as a result, the death of at least one baby was not reported and they were buried, presumably by the tribespeople, with no authorities ever alerted.

Some details about the alternative medical care of The Twelve Tribes:
What drove religious elder to leave controversial cult

The details of the current investigation into the deaths of babies:
Police 'find body of at least one baby' at Twelve Tribes religious sect headquarters | Daily Mail Online

I’m not saying that this is 100% what happened to Marion and that she joined the Twelve Tribes. It could have been a different organisation or individual treating her. Just that IMO, this is a plausible scenario where all the puzzle pieces seem to fit. The strange behaviour before she left, the brief trip to the UK, selling her house, changing her name (it sounds like such an alternative/cult-like name), quitting her job, the bank withdrawals in a strange location (maybe she needed more money than she anticipated?) and the effort she went to so that it would be hard to find her. The pieces just fit when thinking about this theory.
I

No they didn't change it. They had episode 18 Secret Nuptials.
Then they have Episode 18 Bonus Conversations
They are two separate podcasts.

Unless I did miss something and they put something up and replaced it ?

Zechoan is catching up and commenting on previous eps and posts, specifically, the 'tumour' one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What suburb in the blue mountains did Marion live and teach at again?. Was in springwood?.

I ask because there’s a “florabella pass” that runs between blaxlands primary school and Warrimoo primary school.

I suspect the reason Remakel might have stayed in Australia working at Trendwest and not left immediately after allegedly taking Marion’s money, is that you just can’t deposit and transfer that much money in and out of an Australian bank account without raising alarms at the bank and tax office. You have to ‘wash it’ as they say in Ozark.

He may have continued working legally and scamming on the side, ‘investing’ until his ducks were in order such as his Luxembourg and world companies set up and cashed up, until the point where he could sneak out of the country undetected.

He may have needed to wait and sell the property he or Marion may have potentially bought.

I also suspect he has an alias nobody’s yet linked to Remakel. Live with one name and travel with another, allowing him to slip in and out.

Or perhaps his alias has garnered too much attention so he can’t use it much.

Discovering that name is key. Also instrumental is finding out whether Remakel, Marion, or Graham Patrick Higgins invested in anything that Graham Childs was a sales agent for. That would be something.

Sorry I must have missed this. What is the evidence of a Remakel having a bank account in QLD or working for a property investment company?
I take it you realize Ferdinand is involved in property development in Luxembourg?

Well someone by the name of Remakel was on the payroll at Trendwest in the Gold Coast as mentioned by the anonymous tip that was recieved and discussed in the last podcast. I have read since about these property developments Ferdinand was involved in in Luxembourg- so by all means , that needs to be investigated fully by the police and also the existence of this Remakel employee on the Gold Coast. The lady did not mention when he was there from..just that SHE was there working in payroll between 2001 and 2004 and someone with the surname Remakel was on the books.

What suburb in the blue mountains did Marion live and teach at again?. Was in springwood?.

I ask because there’s a “florabella pass” that runs between blaxlands primary school and Warrimoo primary school.

I seem to remember looking into this sometime last year. You are right- Blaxland and Warimoo, just off the Florabella Pass. I don't know if they were both there in the 80s, but I did wonder if the name perhaps stuck with Marion, of a time or a place she had fond memories of.

No they didn't change it. They had episode 18 Secret Nuptials.
Then they have Episode 18 Bonus Conversations
They are two separate podcasts.

Unless I did miss something and they put something up and replaced it ?
Yes! They did! This wasn't the last couple of episodes - it was the one before. They replaced it immediately, but not before I heard it - obviously!

I had thought of this scenario already actually but the only thought I'd had was if she was/knew she was dying, then why didn't she leave any money or belongings to her kids?
She didn't want to die and have her family around her. And she didn't want them to have her money! She had other final wishes..

I

She didn't want to die and have her family around her. And she didn't want them to have her money! She had other final wishes..

Sorry people - I'm having problems with the functionality of this website! I will try harder! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member