Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note the white circle I've added to the 'dog' on the sofa (screen left). This no longer appears to be a dog to me when I lighten it up in the most basic photo edit (increase exposure, reduce contrast).

I'm a few days behind, but I don't see a "whip" on the yellow object bottom left. I see something that resembles a camp/folding chair, similar to this:

https://dks.scene7.com/is/image/GolfGalaxy/16DSGUDSGSTDMSTXXODR_Gold?wid=1080&fmt=jpg

16DSGUDSGSTDMSTXXODR_Gold

or this:
080958384957xl.jpg

Question: in the article I cited above (pls don't make me go find the link again... O_O)... it is reported that the burglars found the blacked out googles they had observed in the video of the rape in CB's bedroom.

Uhmmm.... so he took them back after he attacked someone? Am I to assume he removed them (or had her remove them) from her face before he left and took them with him? Ok, so what became of the goggles then? Or... if he didn't take the goggle with him when he left.. are we to assume then that he had another blackened out pair hanging around in his room?

I can’t imagine he left the pair of goggles behind when it’s been reported the only evidence left was one single hair? Goggles would be classed as significant evidence. With the crevices on goggles, they’d be impossible to completely clean of DNA bar dipping them in bleach/chlorine, which would react with the rubber straps. He had painted over them too - they could run analysis on the paint. There might be brush fibres left over. They’d have been in his house, in his car, in his pockets etc. Way too risky to leave them behind IMO

Attachments

• 15710C14-A617-40BD-A152-DFE639872897.jpeg
    15710C14-A617-40BD-A152-DFE639872897.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 2
  • 9E2F25B3-3EDC-4708-860C-20F177F9F0D8.jpeg
    9E2F25B3-3EDC-4708-860C-20F177F9F0D8.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
Was thinking this, Ted. And feeling a bit deflated now after all the time we’ve spent on it, but - is it possible this is pic is a more recent one and CB didn’t live there at the time it was taken? Someone mentioned previously the pic is under copyright of “AFP” - a quick Google search tells me this is most likely Agence France-Presse, like someone previously mentioned. Would they have the right to put their name to it if it was CB’s own pic? Is it possible it’s just from when LE started to investigate him, so it’s all a new owner’s furniture?

This is what the Telegraph says.........
"He was also linked to two houses in Portugal - one between Praia da Luz and Lagos and a second inland, according to the appeal. Pictures of the houses can be seen below."
'We think Madeleine McCann is dead', say German prosecutors, as suspect named

It was fun researching sponge-dog square pillow-pants though!:p

This is what the Telegraph says.........
"He was also linked to two houses in Portugal - one between Praia da Luz and Lagos and a second inland, according to the appeal. Pictures of the houses can be seen below."
'We think Madeleine McCann is dead', say German prosecutors, as suspect named

It was fun researching sponge-dog square pillow-pants though!:p

It was. And I feel like we really bonded over the... Other thing :rolleyes::p (I ain’t lowering the tone again, that’s your speciality :p)

Has anyone tried searching for earlier videos of the Dragon Festival in Orgiva? I found a better produced one from 2002 which conveys the atmosphere of the event. If Christian was in Portugal in 1995 then a good chance he was there in 2002. It seems geared to entertainment for the kids in the day, puppets and circus acts with the more serious music, drinking etc in the evening. There is even an exercise ball and whip which reminded me somewhat of the picture everyone keeps discussiong in detail. The link is here:

Whaaaaaat??:eek:
Do you really?!

Perspective is such a funny thing - all I see is fire tongs on a yellow cloth lol.

ETA - Something not too Dissimilar from these. These are BBQ tongs, but same difference really.

Well, we're all predisposed to confirmation bias -
CB had a dog - a dog was seen.
CB is a perv - a whip was seen, black gloves, an air, bed, tongs for beating, and a DT trainer.
CB was a drug dealer - we saw a weed container.
Even, small, doll like creatures, a high chair and baby bottle.

May not even have been when he lived there - who knows!

I'm a few days behind, but I don't see a "whip" on the yellow object bottom left. I see something that resembles a camp/folding chair, similar to this:

https://dks.scene7.com/is/image/GolfGalaxy/16DSGUDSGSTDMSTXXODR_Gold?wid=1080&fmt=jpg

16DSGUDSGSTDMSTXXODR_Gold

or this:
080958384957xl.jpg

I was just getting ready to post the same ting. I am pretty sure it is a chair and the "tongs' are the frame on one side. The bit of black on the left side matches the right and is the other side of the frame. Google "yellow butterfly chair".
url

Dlk - I really like to understand this a little more..........

"Brueckner was arrested for attacking the American woman after a former friend came forward to police revealing that he had stolen a video camera showing the assault."

The witness told the court that he stole the camera from his friend's house in Praia da Luz in 2006 and that it showed an older woman being tied up, beaten and raped.

In her statement the woman said she was beaten with a metal pole.

Brueckner was charged in August last year after a 'cold case' team re-examined all the evidence. A hair found at the villa linked the German to the assault.
Brueckner was arrested for attacking the American woman after a former friend came forward to police revealing that he had stolen a video camera showing the assault."

So that's possibly 13 years that the video existed before the 'friend' came forward with the info? Is that right?
So, where was the video all that time? Did the friend keep it for 13 years before even discovering the footage, or did they view it years ago, then go to the Police 13 years later?

That's a long time to keep one camera imo, unless you've got a load of stuff in storage belonging to CB.
If the person saw the footage in 2006, why was that info not passed on for such a long time?
It's all very confusing I agree. My take on it is that the prosecution against CB in the 72yr old rape consisted of 2 major points. First, the hair sample which they were able to match to him. Simple.

Second, the testimony from a former friend. Now this is where it gets hazy. We know he showed the bar friend in 2017 the rape of an elderly woman. And we know, friends of his wintessed a rape video of 2 women on a video stolen from his house. And given the privacy laws surrounding German cases, I dont know if/how we can be sure which of these friends actually testified or whether both did.

The accounts I've read regarding the video found in the farmhouse was that it was not of the 72-year-old though. But I can understand how that person's account may have been used in court to help convict CB based on the MO being almost identical with the Italian woman he viewed on film.

Unfortunately this case has garnered such a following, the press are now swamping us with any story they can for page clicks and the truth takes a back seat. The more information that gets spat out, the less clear everything is becoming. Unchallenged misinterpretations suddenly become 'facts'.

Has anyone tried searching for earlier videos of the Dragon Festival in Orgiva? I found a better produced one from 2002 which conveys the atmosphere of the event. If Christian was in Portugal in 1995 then a good chance he was there in 2002. It seems geared to entertainment for the kids in the day, puppets and circus acts with the more serious music, drinking etc in the evening. There is even an exercise ball and whip which reminded me somewhat of the picture everyone keeps discussiong in detail. The link is here:

BBM - the little figurines on/above the exercise ball in the pic look like some kind of Aztec-type puppets to me.
... But now I’m not sure he even lived there in the pic.

I meant to ask you guys - I know it’s such an invasion of privacy, but would anyone still have the link to the (I think it was) Sexta9 vid where they (horrifically) named the 72 year old to PM me or would anyone that remembers it be able to PM me her name???
Just to assuage my own curiosity because of something I came across earlier on the MC files.

It's all very confusing I agree. My take on it is that the prosecution against CB in the 72yr old rape consisted of 2 major points. First, the hair sample which they were able to match to him. Simple.

Second, the testimony from a former friend. Now this is where it gets hazy. We know he showed the bar friend in 2017 the rape of an elderly woman. And we know, friends of his wintessed a rape video of 2 women on a video stolen from his house. And given the privacy laws surrounding German cases, I dont know if/how we can be sure which of these friends actually testified or whether both did.

The accounts I've read regarding the video found in the farmhouse was that it was not of the 72-year-old though. But I can understand how that person's account may have been used in court to help convict CB based on the MO being almost identical with the Italian woman he viewed on film.

Unfortunately this case has garnered such a following, the press are now swamping us with any story they can for page clicks and the truth takes a back seat. The more information that gets spat out, the less clear everything is becoming. Unchallenged misinterpretations suddenly become 'facts'.

Thanks for clarifying.

Good find thx
According to MT - CB was at the dragon festival in 2007

Your take is how I remember the original reports, Dlk79. That it was an Italian woman and a girl around 15 on the videos found. I do have it in my head though that it was the 72yo lady he showed the friend in the bar when talking about MM, but could be completely wrong. IIRC this friend voluntarily went to LE. Told them of what he saw, and that caused them to run the hair against CB’s profile? And the fact that that proved true is why they are putting so much stock into this friend’s statement about MM?
Possible that more people than just the burglars testified against him? If they were summonsed they’d have to. The cops knew his connection to MT and showed up at his door, he could have been the one to give the names of the burglars?

hold the U key down on your keyboard and the little u with the dots appears! i was thinking the same though, why are the british press naming him brueckner when his names brückner... but then i noticed on his actual passport on the bottom bit they'd spelt it brueckner then too. baffling, although i know its irrelevent mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44