Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But I prefer transparency across the board. People need to know the effect of mass gatherings. When people are shouting or chanting or singing...or aren’t. When people are mostly masked, or not.

This is all valuable data for use in research, if nothing else.

So we should at least try to collect as much data as possible.
Good point. I too, would like more data, but the data is only good if it is reliable. Here's an example of what could happen when those being tested would be asked if they had participated in the protests: Number 1 answers yes, telling the truth. Number 2 answers no, which is a lie because they were there. Number three answers no, which is the truth, because they slept through the whole thing. Number four answers yes, which is a lie, because for some strange reason they just want to mess with the answers and make the protesters look worse. Given the possibility of these types of answers, I don't see how anyone could evaluate the data to get to the truth. I could be wrong, but I see possible problems. MOO

True. For the first time I am running into people who have tested negative. They sought out tests either due to contact or for their jobs.

The negativity rate still concerns me. The sheer difficulty in getting tested here would seem to imply that the majority of people getting tested are feeling sick. Makes me wonder if the tests aren't accurate, or if there's some other bug that's also floating around. I guess it could also be anxiety, which can mimic these symptoms.

Yes. I mean I have recurrent allergies and now (constant sore throat, swollen glands and some breathing issues) I’ve been doing some renovation work and I’m sore as hell. If I was more paranoid I’d be certain I’m dying. But I’ve had the allergy symptoms off and on since March. And the timing of the muscle pain/fatigue is clear.

But I realize some people might be running to get tested at any twinge or sniffle.

All I know is epidemiologists say those numbers are bad. And not being a scientist/doctor, I’m going to trust them.

Good point. I too, would like more data, but the data is only good if it is reliable. Here's an example of what could happen when those being tested would be asked if they had participated in the protests: Number 1 answers yes, telling the truth. Number 2 answers no, which is a lie because they were there. Number three answers no, which is the truth, because they slept through the whole thing. Number four answers yes, which is a lie, because for some strange reason they just want to mess with the answers and make the protesters look worse. Given the possibility of these types of answers, I don't see how anyone could evaluate the data to get to the truth. I could be wrong, but I see possible problems. MOO

That’s the case with any data obtained. Which is why there is a margin for “error”. Overall, people are going to mostly tell the truth, IMO. And patterns can be established.

To fail to ask a question about possible attendance at mass gatherings is totally irresponsible, IMO.

People need to know the truth. Censorship of any kind during a health care crisis is wrong. People need as accurate information as possible in order to be able to protect themselves.

Last edited:
Gov. Justice Considering Closure Of Mon County Bars, Indoor Dining As Area Sees Spike In Virus Cases

Gov. Jim Justice says he is considering closing bars and indoor dining in Monongalia County as the Morgantown area experiences a spike in the number of new coronavirus cases. Justice said in a Friday virtual news briefing that closing bars and indoor dining in the county may be the only way to avoid another statewide shutdown.

The governor pleaded with residents to heed an executive order issued this week to wear a mask to prevent the shutdown of businesses in Monongalia County, which could ultimately expand to affect businesses elsewhere.

“This is the only bullet that I've got right now,” Justice said of the potential of closing businesses in the county located in the North Central part of the state. “The next bullet that is available is [to] shut our state back down.”

Uh oh.

Montana sets another record for single-day COVID-19 cases

HELENA — Montana state health officials reported 127 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, a new single-day record, according to the Montana Response COVID-19 tracking map.

The previous single-day record for COVID-19 cases in Montana was 96 which was set on Thursday.

I was really hopeful that due to the lack of density, these less populated states wouldn’t see a surge.

This is really becoming too awful to bear.:(

6-week-old infant dies of COVID-19 in Texas, official says

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A 6-week-old infant has died in Nueces County due to the coronavirus, Corpus Christi city councilman Ben Molina said Friday in a posted on social media.

“Sadly, the (Corpus Christi -- Nueces County Public) Health District just received notice of a COVID-19 related death of a six week old infant,” he wrote in the statement. “My deepest condolences go out to the family.”

The death is the first related to coronavirus involving a child under the age of 4, KIII-TV reported.

This is really becoming too awful to bear.:(

6-week-old infant dies of COVID-19 in Texas, official says

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A 6-week-old infant has died in Nueces County due to the coronavirus, Corpus Christi city councilman Ben Molina said Friday in a posted on social media.

“Sadly, the (Corpus Christi -- Nueces County Public) Health District just received notice of a COVID-19 related death of a six week old infant,” he wrote in the statement. “My deepest condolences go out to the family.”

The death is the first related to coronavirus involving a child under the age of 4, KIII-TV reported.
Good gawd NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:(:(:(

I feel so bad for all the families impacted and suffering because of this terrible virus. Let's hope that people start taking it more seriously now, although perhaps it's too late. The deniers, those refusing to social distance or wear masks, those officials refusing to mandate common sense public health measures that protect communities, those prioritising the economy over people's lives, have already done incalculable damage.

I was just thinking about the toll "RSV" takes.

Yes. And I’m not trying to minimize this. Obviously the more people who catch this, the more children will be seriously affected. But it hasn’t been close to other diseases as far as how many kids it impacts and certainly not fatalities. I’m praying it stays that way. The Kawasaki-like symptoms things disturbed me. I hope a mutation doesn’t occur that makes it more like to attack kids.

:(:(:(

I feel so bad for all the families impacted and suffering because of this terrible virus. Let's hope that people start taking it more seriously now, although perhaps it's too late. The deniers, those refusing to social distance or wear masks, those officials refusing to mandate common sense public health measures that protect communities, those prioritising the economy over people's lives, have already done incalculable damage.

All of these people you listed are responsible for the sickness and death we are now seeing, including the little baby! :( How can they live with themselves? :mad:

We’ve been lucky that this hasn’t really targeted kids, like the flu can. I hope it stays that way.
It hasn't targeted kids because kids have been locked down and out of school since March. Sending them back to school while this pandemic is raging completely out of control is just asking for more kids to die. That is a numbers game we should not be playing.

No way in actual hell would I let my children near a school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member