Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out here. The babysitter is the dad’s “friend” but not necessarily his girlfriend, or the babysitter is his girlfriend. Did I miss a detail? I read from the beginning but didn’t find a definite answer on that.
Your right about that Hereshecomes75, it's not really clear if the babysitter is just the step dad's friend or his girlfriend.

HI ALL. Ok new to posting but been a member since 2015. I sub to Tricia's YouTube channel, I'm obsessed with it. Lol. Tricia will put links in chat for us to go to. But this case just really spoke to me. So many theories on this one. I WON'T be solving any cases, or even come close to finding new clues. That is what you extraordinary sleuths do. Said enuff, stay safe and healthy all. Oh PS my name on YouTube is Alexis R.

Everything about this case is... well, odd. The family dynamics left me scratching my head. But, if the stepfather was raising King since he was born and the biological father wasn’t, for some reason (and I’m not judging anyone, we don’t even know if the biological father is alive or if he knows King is his son), I think it makes sense that he stayed around even though he’s not with the mother anymore. I think we can’t just ignore the fact that this man might be the only father King knows, but for the sake of accuracy, LE probably feels the need to be precise about the fact that he is not his biological father. Also, the mother not having King under her care for over a month is not that strange if we think of the situation we are living right now. Let’s suppose that the mother is a essential worker and had to work, I’m assuming the daycares and the preschools have been closed for a while so, if she has a job and had to go back to work, I think sending the baby to spend some time with the only father figure he has in his life is not that weird. Unfortunately, some people can’t afford to stay home, not even in this scary, weird situation we have been living for the past few months.
This is all just a bunch of assumptions though, I might be totally wrong and King could have been sent to the stepfather’s house for other motives.
One thing is for sure, someone is lying and it could be any of those three: the stepfather, the babysitter or the mother. Either way, I don’t think this is going to end well.

Good point, Lusitana, about the daycares being closed. They only started reopening in PA in the last few weeks.

So do we think the babysitter’s place is not necessarily the stepfather’s place? If not, that could have exposed King to a number of people potentially unknown to either his mom or his stepdad. That’s potentially unsafe for any kid, but especially for a toddler. I wonder if the truth is that the babysitter lost track of him while he was in her care.

We don't know that the babysitter did turn King over to the mother - and then something may have happened in mother's care.
Gaslighting?
The baby has been fine up until the babysitter handed him over to his mother which I believe she did. Once the mother had him things changed. Talk to the mother.

Good point, Lusitana, about the daycares being closed. They only started reopening in PA in the last few weeks.

So do we think the babysitter’s place is not necessarily the stepfather’s place? If not, that could have exposed King to a number of people potentially unknown to either his mom or his stepdad. That’s potentially unsafe for any kid, but especially for a toddler. I wonder if the truth is that the babysitter lost track of him while he was in her care.
I honestly have no idea. The babysitter situation is very murky as of now. I would assume the stepfather would drop off and pick up the child from the babysitter instead of just handing him completely to her for a extended period of time. That wouldn’t make much sense. Why agree to take King and then make arrangements for a babysitter to take care of him like that? In that case, the stepfather could have just payed someone else closer to the mother to watch the baby. I would assume the baby was put under the stepfather’s care because he could watch him, which means, no need for a babysitter. Such a weird case.

But why would the stepfather send such a text to the mom? Asking if she got the baby and an intersection where he was dropped off? If he knows the baby was dropped off to the mom, the text wouldn’t be worded that way. That sounds like a cya text to me.

The baby has been fine up until the babysitter handed him over to his mother which I believe she did. Once the mother had him things changed. Talk to the mother.
That’s very much possible.
I do find it very strange that it appears no drop off arrangements were made between the stepfather and the mother. It makes no sense for a babysitter to just return a baby to his mother without being asked to do so. Going by the reports, it seems like neither the stepfather or the mother were aware of this drop off situation and nothing was planned between them. So weird.
In my opinion, different things could have happened:
- The stepfather didn’t harm the child, thought he was returned to his mother by the babysitter;
- The stepfather and/or the babysitter harmed the baby and faked this drop off to the mother;
- The babysitter harmed the baby and faked returning him to the mother, lying to both the stepfather and the mother of the child;
- The mother did get the baby and she harmed him and is now making this story up.
I believe any of these scenarios are much more likely than having the babysitter handing the baby to the wrong person thinking that was the mother.

That was something the grandmother said in an interview, not police.

Six weeks without her two year old. Makes me wonder if something happened 6 weeks ago. The babysitter throws a kink in mother and boyfriend being complicit. Sort of.
It was reported ( not saying true) that he was seen last weekend. I wonder if this babysitter/friend is more then that? I have an issue with the mother expecting her son for his birthday in June yet nothing about contact between them in MSM other then NOW, he texts about the babysitter dropping him off at a corner for mom and did she get him. Makes me lean away from mom and also think they're more then just "friends" going on here. IMO.

It was reported ( not saying true) that he was seen last weekend. I wonder if this babysitter/friend is more then that? I have an issue with the mother expecting her son for his birthday in June yet nothing about contact between them in MSM other then NOW, he texts about the babysitter dropping him off at a corner for mom and did she get him. Makes me lean away from mom and also think they're more then just "friends" going on here. IMO.
I also wonder if the mom had any contact with the baby while he was away. Did she talk to him on the phone? Did she FaceTime him? Did she receive pictures/videos of the baby from the stepfather?

JMO....i am also wondering if the mother was going through some hard times & couldnt care for the child, so she turned to someone from her inner circle to care for him. Maybe they had him longer than anticipated. They grow tired of taking care of him. Outreach attempts to mom go unanswered. The sitter & ex are getting impatient. The sitter drops the child off to mom. Mom is still not ready mentally or emotionally to fully care for him then fill in the rest. OR something did happen to him while in their care. ALL JMO.

Do we know who took that video?

I’m thankful I’ve never had to have someone else watch my child for a few weeks, but I know it happens. Moms have surgery/prison time/inpatient treatment/weeks of 12-hour night shifts, to name a few, and someone else has to watch the kids.

Grandma? Bio dad? Bio dads family? I think it’s very unusual for a mom to give her child to an ex bf (who’s not bio dad) for weeks at a time unless there’s... idk how to politely say it... issues. The stepmom in me is raising my eyebrows. This whole situation is suss.

It only took reading 5 words from this article to set my alarm bells off jangling!

"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.'

Right there....those 5 words have me shaking my head in disbelief. WHY would he even need to ask that question if he felt that the child was in good hands being babysat and then dropped off safely? This is not an Amazon package left on a doorstep! This is a 2 year-old child!

I hope that, at worst, this child is being used as a pawn in a custody arrangement that has gone sideways.

I don't want to even start to contemplate what the other awful possibilities are.:mad:

JMO

stepparents rarely have any custodial rights. So I don’t think it’s a custody issue. Jmo.

Well I’d like to hope that mom was in regular contact with king and stepdad since June. Otherwise, I’d assume she would have showed up at stepdads house and/or went to the police weeks ago.

Well I’d like to hope that mom was in regular contact with king and stepdad since June. Otherwise, I’d assume she would have showed up at stepdads house and/or went to the police weeks ago.
This is exactly the issue. If mom expected son for his birthday in June and didn't get him, wouldn't there be hell to pay? There should be proof of contact with mom and bf/stepdad throughout that time frame. With that being said, do we know the date the stepfather/BF texted the mom saying babysitter dropped him off? Was it this week or in June? If the text about being dropped off was in June, we're looking at Mom if this happened this week then I'm not happy with the dad/BF/Sitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd