GUILTY KS - Olivia Jansen, 3, found deceased, Kansas City, 10 July 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
‘Come home to me’: Family of missing KCK 3-year-old desperate to find her alive, safe | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Highlights:

>Police are protecting an SUV (with crime tape) outside of a home on Gibbs Road. Olivia’s maternal grandmother says the family currently lives in Ottawa St and moved from the Gibbs Road house 6 months ago. “I just don’t know what he was doing over there with her...there’s no lights. There’s no gas. There’s no water. There’s nothing for that baby to be in that house...and he shouldn’t have had my grandchild there.” (Person’s initials are VS)

>There are two areas being searched - current residence and previous residence

>Dad last saw her at 11 pm, woke up at 5:30 am and she was gone, door to the house open

>He went to the police department in person to report her missing (personal note: this always throws up a red flag for me)

>Adding another edit: it was 8:30 am before dad went to the police department to report her missing

>Paternal family member says (paraphrased) she “has tried”, calling police and CPS about Olivia in the past. Says she hasn’t been allowed to see Olivia since February (which makes me wonder how long it’s been since anyone else saw Olivia...???)

edited to change person’s name to initials

‘Come home to me’: Family of missing KCK 3-year-old desperate to find her alive, safe | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Highlights:

>Police are protecting an SUV (with crime tape) outside of a home on Gibbs Road. Olivia’s maternal grandmother says the family currently lives in Ottawa St and moved from the Gibbs Road house 6 months ago. “I just don’t know what he was doing over there with her...there’s no lights. There’s no gas. There’s no water. There’s nothing for that baby to be in that house...and he shouldn’t have had my grandchild there.” (Person’s initials are VS)

>There are two areas being searched - current residence and previous residence

>Dad last saw her at 11 pm, woke up at 5:30 am and she was gone, door to the house open

>He went to the police department in person to report her missing (personal note: this always throws up a red flag for me)

>Adding another edit: it was 8:30 am before dad went to the police department to report her missing

>Paternal family member says (paraphrased) she “has tried”, calling police and CPS about Olivia in the past. Says she hasn’t been allowed to see Olivia since February (which makes me wonder how long it’s been since anyone else saw Olivia...???)

edited to change person’s name to initials
All good points IMO. Just out of curiosity, why does it throw up a red flag for you when someone goes to police station to report missing person; as opposed to calling police station instead

P
Dybcj-MY

KAKE.com[/QUOTE
Rest In Peace ❤️

All good points IMO. Just out of curiosity, why does it throw up a red flag for you when someone goes to police station to report missing person; as opposed to calling police station instead
I think the main problem was it took him three hours to go report this baby missing.

Also, if my young child goes missing, I'm calling 911, so I can continue looking around , talking to neighbours, calling friends for help, while I'm waiting for police.

Driving to police station takes lots of time, and it is wasted time to talk there instead of where child went missing. It makes no sense.

When I started this thread I really thought Olivia would be found alive quickly. So I hesitated as that has happened to me before.

I am so sick of people killing their babies! I try to stay away from these type of cases. Now here we are again.

Rest in Heaven sweet Olivia!

2nd suspect now booked into jail after 3-year-old KCK girl found dead

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A woman has also now been booked into Wyandotte County jail in connection with the death of a 3-year-old KCK girl.

Jacqulyn Kirkpatrick, 33, has been arrested on suspicion of child abuse of unknown circumstance and first-degree murder, according to Wyandotte County Jail booking logs.

Family previously told FOX4 she is the girlfriend of Howard Jansen III, the father of Olivia Jansen.

In online court records, she has the same case number as Jansen. He was booked on suspicion of the same charges in his daughter’s death.

Neither of them have been formally charged in Wyandotte County.

2nd suspect now booked into jail after 3-year-old KCK girl found dead | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Heartbreaking. HJ was with Olivia’s mother for years, had older daughter with another woman - he has been VERY (extremely) negative except when it comes to his daughters, and more recently posts about new wife and their relationship as indicated in FB profile links posted by gliving.
What changed? Olivia’s mother went to jail for hit and run, but he could have left Olivia with her maternal grandmother.
No indication older daughter was ever abused or kept from him and he’s very expressive about his life on his FB account.
New wife was arrested - I don’t believe in blaming others for your actions, but I believe she is involved and encouraged the abuse. JMO.
Two family members of Olivia Jansen in custody after her body discovered Friday
I’m not sure I agree that LACK of social services encourage these murders. In fact I think it is social services that are part of the problem. I worked several years in government social service programs. They can damage self esteem and confidence, and they can teach and encourage dependence for generations. I found them to negatively affect long time recipients, specifically - almost like a drug addiction. I’m NOT saying this applies to everyone - I have seen it help many people as long as it was a temporary service for able-bodied individuals. Again, JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back