Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

I have been sad over many celebrity deaths but this one is really getting to me bad. Probably because I was such a huge fan of Glee and Naya's character was one of my favorites. I'm so scared they won't find her and will give up on searching for her. I want her body to be found so her family and friends can get closure. I've been constantly checking for updates on Twitter and Websleuths on the whole thing and looking to see if anyone from the Glee cast has talked. The only ones that have said anything thus far are Chord Overstreet (he played Naya's love interest in the beginning), Harry Shum Jr, and Heather Morris (Heather and Naya were best friends IRL and their characters got married on the show). The others have been completely radio silent. I have cried off and on over this. I'm worried about Kevin Mchale, Amber Riley, and Jenna Ushkowitz all Glee cast mates who were extremely close with Naya. I think out of the entire cast Naya was closest to Kevin and Heather.

TMZ updated their article and they now put a video of Naya's father George showing up. So freaking heartbreaking watching that video. As soon as he saw the lake he bee lined for it. My heart just breaks.

Naya Rivera's Dad Joins Mom, Brother in Lake Piru Search, Emotional Visit

OMG- I felt like terrible for watching this video/private moment. Pure raw emotion of a parent. This poor family knowing there daughter is most likely in a watery grave. Fingers crossed for her recovery.

The DM and other tabloids cater to their audience-- a significant portion are into grief *advertiser censored* (nothing to do with actual *advertiser censored*). Urban Dictionary provides a definition and it's also discussed in various articles, on YouTube, etc.

IMO

The DM and other tabloids cater to their audience-- a significant portion are into grief *advertiser censored* (nothing to do with actual *advertiser censored*). Urban Dictionary provides a definition and it's also discussed in various articles, on YouTube, etc.

IMO
Well, I just learned something new.
The term is very fitting for many tragedy looky-loos.
I find these types especially abhorrent, and quickly shut them down when they show up on our threads.

Amateur opinion and speculation

What makes me so sad is that here she was, a successful young woman, healthy, beautiful, and not even in the prime of life, with her little son, going out simply to have a nice day on the water. Then tragedy strikes. A freak situation, a turn of fate.

I think most of us have had close calls of one kind or another, maybe within a hair of catastrophe and death.....through unusual circumstances out of our control or through mistakes. But fate saved us from crossing that line.

I, too, have done some pretty "stupid" things, including being caught in a riptide in shark filled waters, and taking a canoe out with someone I barely knew (in high heeled shoes, no less), and my less than smart friend sunk it, as what he thought was a funny joke. Unfortunately, we had to be rescued by Coast Guard, who incidentally, thought I was the stupid one for going in a canoe in high heels. Things happen!! MOO. Katt
For me personally, I have been caught in a dangerous rip tide in shark infested waters, was lost in a sudden blizzard skiing on a mountain, came across a bear in Alaska, and stupidly through sailing inexperience got swept out to sea in tiny Sunfish and had to be rescued....among other hairy experiences. Even through seemingly ordinary daily events, one can end up being in acute danger.

It's just so sad that Naya had whatever close call out there that took her life.

I’m not really much of a poster more lurker. But for whatever reason I felt the need to post. I haven’t seen much about cameras in the area. I know they released the cctv video of her&her son walking to the docks& getting on the boat. So basically I was wondering does it run all the time? did it catch anything else happening on the lake? There are also several houses/cottages including one for sale..surrounding the lake or at least up on the hill, do these houses have cameras? Now a days people are taking photos&videos of everything/ have rings it’s kind of quiet on that front so I guess I was curious.

Still curious about this large white dirty laundry mesh looking bag she flung over her shoulder as they were walking to the dock. Haven't heard anything and didn't see it on the boat when they posted the picture of it docked, just the light blue back pack thing. Still wonder where her cell phone is (or was this said already) wonder if it was in her pocket when she went missing, fell in water, orrrr taken? And how do i delete duplicate postings i accidently do. Lol

Still curious about this large white dirty laundry mesh looking bag she flung over her shoulder as they were walking to the dock. Haven't heard anything and didn't see it on the boat when they posted the picture of it docked, just the light blue back pack thing. Still wonder where her cell phone is (or was this said already) wonder if it was in her pocket when she went missing, fell in water, orrrr taken? And how do i delete duplicate postings i accidently do. Lol

Maybe it held the life jackets? Mesh bags are often used for things that will be getting wet... just a thought.

I have been sad over many celebrity deaths but this one is really getting to me bad. Probably because I was such a huge fan of Glee and Naya's character was one of my favorites. I'm so scared they won't find her and will give up on searching for her. I want her body to be found so her family and friends can get closure. I've been constantly checking for updates on Twitter and Websleuths on the whole thing and looking to see if anyone from the Glee cast has talked. The only ones that have said anything thus far are Chord Overstreet (he played Naya's love interest in the beginning), Harry Shum Jr, and Heather Morris (Heather and Naya were best friends IRL and their characters got married on the show). The others have been completely radio silent. I have cried off and on over this. I'm worried about Kevin Mchale, Amber Riley, and Jenna Ushkowitz all Glee cast mates who were extremely close with Naya. I think out of the entire cast Naya was closest to Kevin and Heather.
Kevin and the rest of the cast should post a tweet or something. I have also noticed that Ryan Dorsey her ex-husband hasn't tweeted or posted anything on his Instagram page.

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe she had planned to take him with her, but reconsidered at the last minute.
What's the deal with the big white bag? Was it found on the boat?

The bag is large in appearance but I just think for a few hours on a boat and swimming with her son she would bring quite a lot of stuff like towels, sun creams, hats, first aid items, food and water, change of clothes, swim toys, inflatables and goggles. It soon turns into a lot of things to take.

Edited by me for grammar

Last edited:
Kevin and the rest of the cast should post a tweet or something. I have also noticed that Ryan Dorsey her ex-husband hasn't tweeted or posted anything on his Instagram page.

I am sure this whole ordeal is extremely hard on all of them that were close to Naya. Kevin especially was so so so close with Naya. I am sure that Naya's passing on top of the fact that they have not located her yet & might possibly never will is a lot for all of them to take in. Please give them time to process this. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

I think it's weird to expect them to post on SM when their friend they love is missing. Let people grieve how they want to, ya know?

I agree with you. They are probably trying to process everything. Kevin used to tweet all the time and has been radio silent on all his social media since this happened. It's tough .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back