Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to Like this. It is so terrifying. I am thankful we both survived! I mostly live a normal life but I do sometimes revert to not trusting my gut and I don’t know what I would do in the same situation. I have also had some uncomfortable situations related to my work and was able to help a few people who others might have automatically involved law enforcement; granted I had coworkers there. I think Linda had a very compassionate heart and might not have had that radar that stops you for a moment. MOO is that she did not get into that car willingly.

I am also thankful we both survived! My reactions were flight the first time and fight the second time, but I have no idea what it would be again - possibility completely different. ITA Linda did not get into the car willingly
moo

Would he have a PD or defense lawyer this quick ? That's possible. LE will still have access to his fb page no matter what.
A lot of unknowns. He has rights to be represented from his first hearing which bail was revoked already so someone is looking out for him. LE would have to subpoena FB to gain access to his SM pages. I get the impression since his adopted parents are supportive of him they will probably retain a private lawyer. MOO

Would he have a PD or defense lawyer this quick ? That's possible. LE will still have access to his fb page no matter what.
LE may have access to his facebook page like anyone else, but they can't control the settings.
They would need to subpoena Facebook to access any private data, or records.

That's usually how it works. Progress from relatively harmless petty crimes like shoplifting and minor theft to more violent things like assault, robbery and perhaps even low grade sexual assault. Finally either the compulsion is too strong or an abduction/SA goes too far and they take the final irreversible step. Many who are in the same boat as this guy have said "they weren't" when asked what were you thinking when you actually committed the murder.

Unless this guy is a serial killer - which based on his history, planning and seeming intelligence level I seriously doubt - the act of murder is almost always to eliminate evidence. Deceased people can't tell their story so the murder and body disposal is a vehicle to further that and yes, most criminals are sincerely dumb enough to think they can get away with it.
We had a very sad and similar case in Chicago a few months ago. A young college student was leaving the University in the evening and was raped and strangled to death in the parking garage. The perp had just got out of jail on burglary charges and was not deemed a "risk to society".

Thanks.
I'm not familiar with that area, so wasn't sure if there were farms there.
I'm trying to figure out why a Hazmat team would be included in the search. They must have information. Perhaps the suspect is talking and pointed LE to that area.
Maybe her body is buried with chemicals. Acid ? Maybe chemicals were involved with the cause of her death, if she's dead? Chemicals used in waste water systems?
Just tossing out ideas.... all MOO.

When I looked at an image of Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve I noticed a site in the upper right hand corner that is large and bare... like some sort of industrial site? Does anyone know what that might be? Is it for some sort of industrial use?

When I looked at an image of Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve I noticed a site in the upper right hand corner that is large and bare... like some sort of industrial site? Does anyone know what that might be? Is it for some sort of industrial use?
I used Googled Earth to get to 835 Gault Rd. East Earl PA, the address of Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve. A vehicle could pull over anywhere on that road, walk 30 feet in and dump a body and it wouldn't be seen from the road. A drone search wouldn't help because the woods are so dense. I sure hope he tells LE where she is.

Praying LS is found today.

(Image purchased by me from Big Stock Photo with existing license)
I feel for her family, just waiting to hear if anything comes of the search, hoping against hope that she isn’t gone, wishing for an answer but dreading it too.

Edited to add that the area to the upper right of the Welsh Mountain Preserve is a working quarry.

Edited again haha: it’s the upper right on a picture, northeast in real life.

Imho sounds like he panicked - buried her clothes behind a random business in town but [theoretically] dumped her body in the woods? Why not keep her clothes with her? He must not understand DNA/evidence collection. Separating her from her clothes was pointless.
Moo

Surveillance footage observed by authorities captured Stoltzfoos walking alone on Beechdale Road, a route she typically took home after church. A red Kia Rio that matched Smoker’s vehicle registration number was also seen in the footage.

The same car was then seen two days later on June 23 parked in a rural area in Ronks, where they believe Stoltzfoos might have been taken after being kidnapped.
Convicted felon, 34, charged in kidnapping of Amish woman, 18, who is 'feared harmed' | Daily Mail Online

I used Googled Earth to get to 835 Gault Rd. East Earl PA, the address of Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve. A vehicle could pull over anywhere on that road, walk 30 feet in and dump a body and it wouldn't be seen from the road. A drone search wouldn't help because the woods are so dense. I sure hope he tells LE where she is.
The heat is on their side. Also buzzards. If she's above ground or shallow. Water however...Google says there are several sandstone quarries in the area. He's local so he'll know that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975