Benjamin Keough, Lisa Marie Presley's son/Elvis Presley's grandson dies from self inflicted gunshot

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, so very sad. I always felt kind of sorry for the young man, because of how much people focused on his likeness to his grandfather. It is like every single time you heard about him, it was always focused on how much he was a carbon copy of Elvis.

The poor kid was raised as a Scientologist. Can not be helpful to one's mental health, celebrity child or not.

ITA, THIS ^^^

I was wondering if he was also a Scientologist since most of them are (exception; apparently Lisa and Priscilla finally left Scientology). However, Riley Keough (Lisa Marie's daughter) and her father; Danny Keough are still Scientologists. The article mentions nothing about Benjamin ever being one alongside his sister and father. He would be considered a "suppressive person" if not.

Lisa Marie Presley: Why Elvis' Daughter Is Shunned by Church of Scientology

The poor kid was raised as a Scientologist. Can not be helpful to one's mental health, celebrity child or not.

ITA.....so very sad....

Lisa Marie Presley’s son, Benjamin Keough, struggled with booze and drugs and had recently been to rehab, sources told writer Tony Ortega.

Elvis’ daughter, Lisa Marie, brought up her family in Scientology before a falling out with its controversial leader, David Miscavige, in 2014. Keough committed suicide on Sunday. A friend of his told Ortega — who covers all things Scientology in his blog the Underground Bunker — that back in May, Keough “had been talking about how f - - ked up kids get in Scientology.”

He was raised in the religion with his sister Riley, and their dad, Danny Keough — Presley’s first husband — is still in the church

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/13/benj...69.723503836.1590067850-1147423576.1576349033

ITA.....so very sad....

Lisa Marie Presley’s son, Benjamin Keough, struggled with booze and drugs and had recently been to rehab, sources told writer Tony Ortega.

Elvis’ daughter, Lisa Marie, brought up her family in Scientology before a falling out with its controversial leader, David Miscavige, in 2014. Keough committed suicide on Sunday. A friend of his told Ortega — who covers all things Scientology in his blog the Underground Bunker — that back in May, Keough “had been talking about how f - - ked up kids get in Scientology.”

He was raised in the religion with his sister Riley, and their dad, Danny Keough — Presley’s first husband — is still in the church

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/13/benj...69.723503836.1590067850-1147423576.1576349033

Yes it is very sad. He’d have been an excellent person to publicly share his experiences as a child during and after leaving Scientology, serving as a role model to help others in the same situation. But he would’ve required very strong emotional and personal support to embark on that healing journey, something it appeared he lacked given his family was only part way removed from the church. Resembling a famous deceased grandfather can’t have helped Ben realize his own potential either.

ITA.....so very sad....

I hope that Ben’s statements about Scientology help others caught up in this cult. RIP Benjamin JMO

Of course, I should have looked for this thread instead of trying to process it elsewhere. I find it incredibly sad this is how it ended for such a young man.

Elvis Presley's Grandson, Benjamin Keough looked a little like Elvis. I don't think it did him any favors to compare him though. Everybody is an individual person.

Benjamin did have a gf for the last two years. She tried to stop him. I know this will take a log time for her to get over. His mother may never get over it. I've been finding info trying to understand. Why, Benjamin?

This answers my question on if Benjamin was brought up in Scientology. It also answers the state of mind he may have been in recently leaving rehab. I don't know how much of a party had been going on at the mansion.

Benjamin Keough recently left drug and alcohol rehab | Daily Mail Online
Elvis' grandson Ben Keough confessed to a friend that 'growing up in Church of Scientology messes kids up' and had recently left rehab for drug and alcohol abuse before shooting himself dead

upload_2020-7-14_22-30-54.png

Benjamin Keough, Lisa Marie Presley’s Son: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

"In 2009, Keough and his mother got matching tattoos for Mother’s Day. Presley spoke about getting inked with her son on Twitter saying, “It is a Celtic eternity knot. Ben (my son) and I got it together in the same place on Mothers Day 3 years ago.” In a separate tweet, Keough said that the tattoo represents “eternal love and connection.”'

RIP Benjamin Keough
Thoughts and Prayers go out to all his Loved Ones, his Family and Friends, suffering from the sorrow of losing someone they loved.

Of course, I should have looked for this thread instead of trying to process it elsewhere. I find it incredibly sad this is how it ended for such a young man.

Elvis Presley's Grandson, Benjamin Keough looked a little like Elvis. I don't think it did him any favors to compare him though. Everybody is an individual person.

Benjamin did have a gf for the last two years. She tried to stop him. I know this will take a log time for her to get over. His mother may never get over it. I've been finding info trying to understand. Why, Benjamin?

This answers my question on if Benjamin was brought up in Scientology. It also answers the state of mind he may have been in recently leaving rehab. I don't know how much of a party had been going on at the mansion.

Benjamin Keough recently left drug and alcohol rehab | Daily Mail Online
Elvis' grandson Ben Keough confessed to a friend that 'growing up in Church of Scientology messes kids up' and had recently left rehab for drug and alcohol abuse before shooting himself dead
Although I won't blame Scientology for all of the alcohol and drug problems that Ben supposedly had, I do take note of this from this article:

The source further speculated that the family's involvement in Scientology likely denied Keough access to proper mental health care, in addition to driving 'a destabilizing force between the parents and children'.

Poor guy was so confused that he didn't know where to go for help. JMO.

Although I won't blame Scientology for all of the alcohol and drug problems that Ben supposedly had, I do take note of this from this article:

The source further speculated that the family's involvement in Scientology likely denied Keough access to proper mental health care, in addition to driving 'a destabilizing force between the parents and children'.

Poor guy was so confused that he didn't know where to go for help. JMO.

Hmm... you reminded me of the stance Tom Cruise took against some ADHD drugs and apparently Scientology has been long opposed the use of psychiatric drugs. MOO, Benjamin, in many of the pics, looks troubled. Also MOO, Lisa Marie does too, though. Benjamin's friends describe him as loving. One said his fav tarot card was The Hermit. He perhaps felt isolated and alone? No doubt, he eventually found some relief in alcohol and non-prescription drugs. I agree, just can't blame any one thing. All MOO.

(Adding this article for clarification on my post, but it is not meant to make any kind of statement against Scientology or Mr. Cruise.)

Tom Cruise Controversy: Stay Off Meds?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26