Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had planned on attending some of the case. Fat chance when I am in 'dirty' Victoria and we aren't welcome anywhere else.
I understand:( Cliff Hardy, I am in Victoria too.:(:(:( Feel like COVID19 Mary at the moment. Family are interstate ans we cannot see them, two are in their mature years, in their 80's I worry if anything happens to them I cannot go to them.
At least we are not like those people who got bogged/ and caught by police by trying to get into south Australia by taking the back roads.
:cool::cool::cool: Common sense would have told them not to take the back road in Winter.

I had planned on attending some of the case. Fat chance when I am in 'dirty' Victoria and we aren't welcome anywhere else.

Aww ... Victoria is not dirty, no-one thinks that. The rest of us (except NSW) closed our borders ages ago. It will help get your covid cases under control without anyone bringing the virus back into your state. (As well as stop Victorians taking the virus to NSW, of course.)

I'd love to go if just for a day. Never been to a murder trial before. Not to mention this one.... :eek:

But with this social distancing, I wonder how many members of the public will be allowed in?

I won't be going to the courthouse. Dawson ain't worth it. .. I will be glued to twitter and the SMH though, like a stamp to a letter. Life will have taken it's toll on the Dawson Boys, waiting to go to trial for murder plus a few other grubby charges is no pleasant way to sit out time combined with a pandemic, it is almost an apocalyptic outcome, to have got away with it all these years, one wife after another, a career, family, children etc, and at the worst time, blammo, a hideous plague right on his doorstep!

I couldn't have arranged it better , myself.

I am interested in the defence barrister, also, if it will be the same one. They charge retaining fees, and this has been a very long retainment, at $500 an hour, if not more, and also, if this barrister lasts the distance. Dawson doesn't seem to me to be the type to dismiss his brief in the middle of a trial, nor do I expect him to go any where near the witness box. This will unavoidably be a handicap but he knows, and his barrister certainly knows , and his brother Paul would have drummed it into him with the biggest mallet to the head to Not Take The Stand. Under No Circumstances What So Ever.

I will be shocked to the core if he does allow himself to be cross examined. I will have to rejig my analytic juju all over again.

P.S. I have missed everyone on this thread, in fact, on every thread, really.

I was surprised to see my posts from the previous thread on here, I don't know how that's done, but I haven't changed my views in any respect from those previously posted.

I have not heard any news that any other 'witnesses', other than the feebly presented ones already heard will appear. So I am still not impressed or convinced by their stories, well meaning though they may be, they don't have that ring of truth about them, and I expect the Prosecutor to dismantle them very swiftly indeed.

I won't be going to the courthouse. Dawson ain't worth it. .. I will be glued to twitter and the SMH though, like a stamp to a letter. Life will have taken it's toll on the Dawson Boys, waiting to go to trial for murder plus a few other grubby charges is no pleasant way to sit out time combined with a pandemic, it is almost an apocalyptic outcome, to have got away with it all these years, one wife after another, a career, family, children etc, and at the worst time, blammo, a hideous plague right on his doorstep!

I couldn't have arranged it better , myself.

I am interested in the defence barrister, also, if it will be the same one. They charge retaining fees, and this has been a very long retainment, at $500 an hour, if not more, and also, if this barrister lasts the distance. Dawson doesn't seem to me to be the type to dismiss his brief in the middle of a trial, nor do I expect him to go any where near the witness box. This will unavoidably be a handicap but he knows, and his barrister certainly knows , and his brother Paul would have drummed it into him with the biggest mallet to the head to Not Take The Stand. Under No Circumstances What So Ever.

I will be shocked to the core if he does allow himself to be cross examined. I will have to rejig my analytic juju all over again.

P.S. I have missed everyone on this thread, in fact, on every thread, really.

Buckle up Troops :D, good to see you posting :)

Justice for Lyn x

Buckle up Troops :D, good to see you posting :)

Justice for Lyn x
... no news as yet, sleuthy, Morrissa, et al.. Lots of paperwork and processessing on the first day, and lots of distancing protocols in place, ( one hopes ) .. all takes time.

Of course, being an optimist, I keep being reminded by my alter ego that Dawson , having had time to think things thru and examine the case against him with some super duper legal advice of the outrageously expensive sort, and having shelled out any money he may have had stashed away, including the undoubted profit he made by Lynn's 'disappearance', ( the house in his sole name, the estate of Lynn in his sole name, any insurance and superannuation proceeds of Lynn, the estate's of her children, the sole control of her children's income and outgo, the increasing value of his properties, based on the profit of the home Lynn's father had stumped up big money for as a loan to Lynn, his unshared salary , his unshared superannuation of the years he spent with Lynn, I could go on and on , but you get my drift ) ,.......

As I was saying before I digressed, all these factors may, just may make Dawson think of changing his plea to pleading guilty and throwing himself on the mercy of the court, and considering his age, there is a real possibility of that occurring, horrible as it may at first appear. Perhaps running the chance of being sentenced to a lifetime's ( at 70 plus ) home detention, considering the current world circumstances re the unusual dangers of prison at this time... .

However, I hope , merely for the theatre and more intensely , to have the parade of justice be seen to be done, and Dawson's crime be made manifest in all it's excruciating detail. I want to see brother turn on brother and sister in law turn on brother in law, because all of them were deep into this murder. In my opinion.

Case name

R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON

Date

13 Jul

Time

11:30 am

Case number

2018/00372527

List number

( no notification of a cancellation, or postponement... soooooooooo.... )

Supreme Court Sydney

Room

Court 12D Queens Sq

... no news as yet, sleuthy, Morrissa, et al.. Lots of paperwork and processessing on the first day, and lots of distancing protocols in place, ( one hopes ) .. all takes time.

Of course, being an optimist, I keep being reminded by my alter ego that Dawson , having had time to think things thru and examine the case against him with some super duper legal advice of the outrageously expensive sort, and having shelled out any money he may have had stashed away, including the undoubted profit he made by Lynn's 'disappearance', ( the house in his sole name, the estate of Lynn in his sole name, any insurance and superannuation proceeds of Lynn, the estate's of her children, the sole control of her children's income and outgo, the increasing value of his properties, based on the profit of the home Lynn's father had stumped up big money for as a loan to Lynn, his unshared salary , his unshared superannuation of the years he spent with Lynn, I could go on and on , but you get my drift ) ,.......

As I was saying before I digressed, all these factors may, just may make Dawson think of changing his plea to pleading guilty and throwing himself on the mercy of the court, and considering his age, there is a real possibility of that occurring, horrible as it may at first appear. Perhaps running the chance of being sentenced to a lifetime's ( at 70 plus ) home detention, considering the current world circumstances re the unusual dangers of prison at this time... .

However, I hope , merely for the theatre and more intensely , to have the parade of justice be seen to be done, and Dawson's crime be made manifest in all it's excruciating detail. I want to see brother turn on brother and sister in law turn on brother in law, because all of them were deep into this murder. In my opinion.

I don't think he'll ever admit Troops.

Probably still hashing out legal arguments in voir dire ( without the jury) , but shouldn't that have been done in the committal ? which was a few weeks ago ( which also seems to have had a media blackout? ) Also need have the jury empanelled.

I don't think he'll ever admit Troops.

Probably still hashing out legal arguments in voir dire ( without the jury) , but shouldn't that have been done in the committal ? which was a few weeks ago ( which also seems to have had a media blackout? ) Also need have the jury empanelled.
And that's a possibility also, Dr S.....

A day of horsetrading... .. He'd be bonkers to let any women on the jury, since he has lost his looks big time. I had thought that all the problems re evidence, witnesses, etc had been thrashed out, like you, but one never knows.. Today's goat roping was down as a hearing, so that possibility , thrashing out of details, may be it.

Still, in my driftiest moments, I see him and his barrister trying to work out a deal with the prosecutor, if he pleads guilty. ... he could also be angling for a judge only trial, although I think that option would have passed , but .... Of course, Gittany opted for that and got life without parole, he scored a woman judge... silly man.

Elizabeth Fullerton is on the bench for R v Dawson... could be a replay of silliness, ey ?

I wonder if members of the public are allowed in?
I didn't even look it up, because I don't think I want to sit in a crowded court!.. but technically, anyone is allowed in, Jurisprudence is public, publicly paid for and publicly accountable. ..

I would think that entry would be subject to a first come first served basis, and very few of them, due to the social distancing protocols ... that court isn't particularly huge, not that it's tiny but I suppose a third of the usual number allowed in. I would expect the guards to be armed to the max, and on the bounce as well.... nowhere to get coffee, either , except to queue and queue and queue!.. strange times, Dr S!

I didn't even look it up, because I don't think I want to sit in a crowded court!.. but technically, anyone is allowed in, Jurisprudence is public, publicly paid for and publicly accountable. ..

I would think that entry would be subject to a first come first served basis, and very few of them, due to the social distancing protocols ... that court isn't particularly huge, not that it's tiny but I suppose a third of the usual number allowed in. I would expect the guards to be armed to the max, and on the bounce as well.... nowhere to get coffee, either , except to queue and queue and queue!.. strange times, Dr S!

All good Troops, I'm not planing on going , I'm done with courts for awhile ;)

I just hope that Lyn's family members can go & not have to log into an AVL link ( seems that's what many journos have to do ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288