Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna think he buried her clothes because in his mind they would have his dna on them in some way. So he wanted that to disappear and not be found to tie him to the crime.

Moo

But surely it would have been much easier and efficient to burn the clothes. Which makes me wonder if his actions were due to the DNA aspect or something else.

MOO

It’s my understanding that in Linda’s church district, unmarried women wear the black coverings for church and the white ones the rest of the time. In other church districts, black coverings may not be worn at all. Amish people would definitely realize that a black one looked out of place in an area where only white coverings would be worn.

If it's correct that in Linda's district unmarried ladies wear a black covering to church services, then they probably put them on before leaving for church, and replace it with their usual white one again as soon as they get back home. So the only normal time a passerby would see an Amish wearing a black covering is on a Sunday morning or early afternoon, either walking or riding in a buggy. In the probably unlikely situation of a young Amish lady needing to hire a driver after Church service, she still would have changed out of her black church covering first. So when locals saw an Amish lady in a car still wearing her black covering, (because Linda hadn't been home to change before she was abducted) they felt something was wrong.

She was abducted Sunday June 21st which was Fathers Day. She was seen with him in his vehicle on June 21st in Gap. Her clothing was found 2 days later which would be June 23rd in Ronks. I don't know a thing about her being seen June 29th in a Gap.
I think the 29th was the date police talked to the Amish couple who saw Linda in the car with her black covering on the 21st.

We’ve had a great deal of turnover at our local newspaper, and some of these younger reporters are not very clear with their details.

If it's correct that in Linda's district unmarried ladies wear a black covering to church services, then they probably put them on before leaving for church, and replace it with their usual white one again as soon as they get back home. So the only normal time a passerby would see an Amish wearing a black covering is on a Sunday morning or early afternoon, either walking or riding in a buggy. In the probably unlikely situation of a young Amish lady needing to hire a driver after Church service, she still would have changed out of her black church covering first. So when locals saw an Amish lady in a car still wearing her black covering, (because Linda hadn't been home to change before she was abducted) they felt something was wrong.
Songbird, that’s exactly right. I really feel that even an English local who knows the Amish fairly well might have thought something was a bit amiss, regardless of the color of her covering. Young women usually ride in cars for work, which wouldn’t be on Sunday, and it would be a little odd to see a younger Amish girl riding up front, alone, with a young man, especially on Sunday.

Edited to add: obviously this wouldn’t be something to be alarmed about, until you heard that a young Amish girl was missing.

Could he have forced her to change into “English” clothing after maybe having a moment of non stupidity and realizing he couldn’t drive around with an obviously Amish woman in his car? I guess I’m just trying to conceive a scenario as to why Linda isn’t with her clothing. I hated to type that so much!
Maybe he thought by breaking up the evidence he would have a better chance of not getting caught. I am just guessing. Who can say what logical or illogical thoughts goes into a decision made by an evil man's mind.

Last edited:
But surely it would have been much easier and efficient to burn the clothes. Which makes me wonder if his actions were due to the DNA aspect or something else.

MOO
He would have needed an excellerent-spell check not working (such as gasoline) to burn all her clothes and shoes. That would have caused smoke which would draw attention to where he was.

He obviously kept a tight circle since abduction. he buried the clothes close by right..that tells me he wasnt trying to go far away in general...he didnt flea the area right..so hes limiting the search area really
I believe once her clothing was found in Ronks, LE knew the suspect was a local person. They didn't know who it was and was probably looking at and questioning people in the area with a history of sexual assault.

Imho sounds like he panicked - buried her clothes behind a random business in town but [theoretically] dumped her body in the woods? Why not keep her clothes with her? He must not understand DNA/evidence collection. Separating her from her clothes was pointless.
Moo

I was thinking he buried her clothing at an Amish business thinking it would look like an Amish person was behind the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member