Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm a cancer widow (at 31 yrs old). Cancer tends to be one of those illnesses that causes friends to drop you like yesterday's news. I don't honestly think it's intentional or malicious in any way, it's just that a lot of people don't know how to remain friends with a cancer patient. Contact dwindles, visits become less frequent and before long, contact is lost for good. I don't know if this happened in SM's case, but I do know that it's very very common.
Most certainly!!! With the notable exception of friends who also have cancer or survived, of course.

Don't know that he is involved.
It's more that Tylee and JJ had their grandparents, Vanessa had her mother and sisters, so many others have had their family refuse to let them disappear and never be found.
And here is Suzanne, seemingly allowed to drift to the past.
If BM thinks she is in the RIVER instead of fooling around with property, get a team of searchers together and fully search the South Arkansas from 225 to Poncha Springs.
I don't believe BM said HE thought that. He seemed to me to be stating the various theories of what might have happened, without endorsing any particular theory.
The S. Arkansas looks like a mighty creek, but it is not. from the CR 225 bridge that TD showed in his first video, it runs 1/3 of a mile to a steel culvert tube which takes it under the entrance road to the RV Park. If a body made it that far, it would likely stop on the uphill side of that culvert. From the downhill side of the culvert, the S. Arkansas flows another 2/3 of a mile to a small settling pond at the bottom end of the RV Park property, which was thoroughly searched by LE Swiftwater divers. the outlet for this dam is a screened spillway. It would be impossible for a body to travel beyond this point even in the wildest of circumstances. IMO

Very well said. That could indeed be a powerful reason to remain quiet. Still the silence from family and friends is amazing.

Much about this case, the handling therein, by LE, and response (or lack thereof) of family is amazing...to my mind a bit unprecedented

How often has a home of a person reported missing be closed off to the family within, oh, four hours or so?

How often a missing person is not described: what wearing, last seen, etc?

How often with, what a week or two, is that missing person's husband's worksite excavated?

And that excavation is only 1 of TEN 'major searches'....?

I look at BM, because: from what I can tell: that's what LE is doing...

I'm going to hazard a guess that BM is the author of that bike ride & elements of his whereabouts & confirming those whereabouts simply didn't add up & contradicted his narrative

There must be something - something about that bike, something about her personal item, something about last texts, phone calls...there's SOMETHING.....that was a domino for all the other things....
.....& LE knew this within mere hours...!

JMO

Because the one item found was way off from where she was thought to have gone, I think. As if she was not really where someone wanted everyone to believe her to be, but in reality she went the other way. Or carried a different way.
One was staged. The one item found was probably the true crime scene route.
I just meant why “item” vs “items” was an issue. The first statement is that ONE item was found. When the second statement was said that no further items were found, people were jumping on it saying that meant more than one item was found in the first place, and it didn’t mean that at all. It just meant that since they had already found ONE item, and further items found would make it plural and there would then have been “items” found.

People were just trying really hard to read something into the statement, as if it mattered how many items were found anyway.

I don't believe BM said HE thought that. He seemed to me to be stating the various theories of what might have happened, without endorsing any particular theory.
The S. Arkansas looks like a mighty creek, but it is not. from the CR 225 bridge that TD showed in his first video, it runs 1/3 of a mile to a steel culvert tube which takes it under the entrance road to the RV Park. If a body made it that far, it would likely stop on the uphill side of that culvert. From the downhill side of the culvert, the S. Arkansas flows another 2/3 of a mile to a small settling pond at the bottom end of the RV Park property, which was thoroughly searched by LE Swiftwater divers. the outlet for this dam is a screened spillway. It would be impossible for a body to travel beyond this point even in the wildest of circumstances. IMO
What does BM think happened then? This creek theory is all I have heard from him.

Good question! I'll give you 3 of my reasons:

1. In my experience, a majority of people do not kill their spouses. This fact is observable. Of course, spousal killings do occur, but their rarity militates toward presuming innocence on Barry's part.

2. No evidence has been produced -- either direct or circumstantial -- that ties Barry to Suzanne's disappearance. Now, that evidence may exist in investigators' files, but I will not presume Barry guilty on a mere possibility.

3. There's not been an indication of discontent in the marriage. If Suzanne was unhappy in the marriage, is it unreasonable to believe that she would have confided in somebody, be it a sibling, cousin, or friend? Yet, none of these have spoken out to voice such concerns. Even if investigators asked friends and family to remain quiet, it would be highly improbable for all friends and family members to remain silent if they'd heard about worries or fear from Suzanne.

I don't think all of us form our views based on just our own experience. As many have said, sociological analysis and criminology have statistics. It's rather odd to say "a majority of people do not kill their spouses" when it is also true that when a married woman is murdered (or a woman who has an intimate partner), chances are that it was the intimate partner. You can look it up, it's about 70%.

Further, there are indices of risk that heighten the possibility that a woman will be assaulted or murdered. It's pretty well known, it's in various studies.

But no, there's no evidence, as there are no charges and no one has gone to court. However, there are clues and possibilities. I do not believe in a magical or mystical disappearance of Suzanne. Just as there's no evidence that BM did it, there's absolutely no way that Angel Gabriel or a Yeti did it (IMO). Some human had something to do with it, is my view. Statistically, both you and I know who that *might* be.

3 is not something we can discuss here, as we must confine ourselves to MSM, Suzanne's SM, LE statements and a handful of videos and interviews involving BM. I seriously doubt BM is going to talk about discontent in the marriage at this point.

As you say, there's no evidence one way or another. Hunches and opinions notwithstanding.

One thing Lauren mentioned was that the Morphew daughters are living with Barry. The younger daughter, per Lauren, stayed with her boyfriend's family the week of the 1st search of the Morphew home.

To me, this is a point -- albeit a circumstantial one -- in favor of Barry's non-involvement: is it reasonable to believe that they'd remain with their dad if they strongly suspected that he was involved in harming their mother? Of course, they could choose to remain with Barry for other reasons -- fear, loyalty, indecision -- but no evidence of the existence of these reasons has been brought forth yet.
And maybe the grandmother, aunts, uncles, are there too, family coming and going ... a base for them all, makes sense to stay there for that contact and updates. MOO

I just meant why “item” vs “items” was an issue. The first statement is that ONE item was found. When the second statement was said that no further items were found, people were jumping on it saying that meant more than one item was found in the first place, and it didn’t mean that at all. It just meant that since they had already found ONE item, and further items found would make it plural and there would then have been “items” found.

People were just trying really hard to read something into the statement, as if it mattered how many items were found anyway.
I always resort to the is this more fake news status unfortunately. IMO

What does BM think happened then? This creek theory is all I have heard from him.
Various scenarios posited by Barry: kidnap/hostage for ransom, mountain lion attack, bike ride accident which causes disorientation in which she ends up in the river, and vehicular hit and run or hit and kidnap.

Note this is "a Colorado trail" (as in, a trail in Colorado), not THE Colorado Trail.

The trail mentioned in this article is the High Line Canal trail, which is nowhere near The Colorado Trail, and nothing like it in intent or terrain.
The other attack was on a road.

Not related, IMO.
Denver's big and crowded and has the problems that come with that.
Thanks alleyoop24 ...... so, err, I might just cross this fella off my suspect list then, putting a line through Aurora man ;)

One thing Lauren mentioned was that the Morphew daughters are living with Barry. The younger daughter, per Lauren, stayed with her boyfriend's family the week of the 1st search of the Morphew home.

To me, this is a point -- albeit a circumstantial one -- in favor of Barry's non-involvement: is it reasonable to believe that they'd remain with their dad if they strongly suspected that he was involved in harming their mother? Of course, they could choose to remain with Barry for other reasons -- fear, loyalty, indecision -- but no evidence of the existence of these reasons has been brought forth yet.
There is deep level of love and devotion that children feel for their parents. After all, children have depended upon their parents for their own survival. It comes as no surprise that children support their parent, even if that parent is a criminal.

Last edited:
Note this is "a Colorado trail" (as in, a trail in Colorado), not THE Colorado Trail.

The trail mentioned in this article is the High Line Canal trail, which is nowhere near The Colorado Trail, and nothing like it in intent or terrain.
The other attack was on a road.

Not related, IMO.
Denver's big and crowded and has the problems that come with that.
What is strange is that both men decided on using a 2x4!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam