California -
- Sunday, 12 July 2020 -

3)) CNN News:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/us/uss-bonhomme-richard-fire-monday/index.html

4)) WTAE News:

57 injured in fire aboard ship at Naval Base San Diego

5)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
navy ship explosion - بحث Google

Thanks Richrd for starting the thread and the links. Wow 57 now injured from the fire and I think the smoke got some of them.

I was watching live footage of the fire on the day it broke out. There was only 20+ listed at that time that were hurt from it. The smoke was awful and looked toxic.

The crazy thing is in the background you could see people enjoying the water sports like water skiing and boating and they were driving in front of this huge ship fire. The ship is humongous. I hope its repariable and I hope the people who got injured are ok.

I suspect most of the injuries were due to smoke inhalation. Even some boaters who got too close may have been impacted from the smoke as it was drifting smoke.

A tip for anyone. Whenever you are near a structure fire please stay away from any of the smoke as toxic fumes are usually in most structure fires. You dont want to breath in any of the smoke. Not even a little bit. And be careful of changing winds. You may be ok one minute and if the wind changes then the smoke can encompass you quickly if it blows the wrong way.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Navy Probe Finds Major Failures in Fire that Destroyed USS Bonhomme Richard

While one sailor has been charged with setting the fire, the more than 400-page report, obtained by The Associated Press, lists three dozen officers and sailors whose failings either directly led to the ship's loss or contributed to it. The findings detailed widespread lapses in training, coordination, communication, fire preparedness, equipment maintenance and overall command and control.

"Although the fire was started by an act of arson, the ship was lost due to an inability to extinguish the fire," the report said, concluding that "repeated failures" by an "inadequately prepared crew" delivered "an ineffective fire response."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back