Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
During a news conference on Monday afternoon, Capt. Mark Burgmann said the police department is working tirelessly to bring the child home.

"We've put a tremendous amount of resources to this, probably more resources than we've ever devoted to any other investigation I've had here in the past over 40 years," he said.

The toddler is described as three feet tall and weighing 32 pounds with a thin build, light brown complexion, with brown eyes and black hair.

The toddler's grandmother, Kimberly Hill, told Action News that King's stepfather had the boy since the end of May.

The stepfather was to drop King off at the mom's house in two weeks for the toddler's birthday.

Instead, the mom received a text from the stepfather that set off the search for her son. The stepfather said a babysitter had dropped off King.

"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.' That's the first time we heard of this babysitter. I don't know who this woman is," Kimberly Hill said.
'We're leaving no stone unturned': Search continues for missing 2-year-old boy last seen in Philadelphia
Well, that clears everything up... not. Sigh. At least it's an update of sorts. Too many silent days have gone by.

ETA: Can anyone make out the officer's answer to the question of how long the babysitter has been providing child care for King? I can't.
CBSN Philly
Around the 2:00 mark.

Last edited:
Well, that clears everything up... not. Sigh. At least it's an update of sorts. Too many silent days have gone by.

ETA: Can anyone make out the officer's answer to the question of how long the babysitter has been providing child care for King? I can't.
CBSN Philly
Around the 2:00 mark.

"the past two years...we believe she's been providing child care for the past two years."

So... mother and stepfather live close to each other. Mother asked for time with King in a couple of weeks for his birthday. Instead, the babysitter alleges to have taken him to her on July 7. I assume it was on the stepfather's instructions.

Is the babysitter a friend or is she a "friend" IYKWIM. Either way how could the grandmother not know anything about a babysitter if the woman has been providing child care for King for two years - IOW since he was born?

I sure hope LE has a bead on what happened because I sure can't figure it out. So far LE hasn't confirmed the witness sighting of King on July 4 and until they do IMO the last time he was seen by anyone other than the three people remains unclear.

There is so much about this case that makes me want to vomit.

The baby is two. AH, the mother, says she doesn't know babysitter very well.

From July 7 presser:
"Police said the babysitter had cared for the child for two years"

A photo of King and his father attached via @kelly Rule WTXF

Attachments

• EcgQ8O2XYAIogwQ.jpeg
    EcgQ8O2XYAIogwQ.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 124
IMO, the child has been gone for awhile. The only reason the child was reported missing is because it's absence could no longer be explained away. I have seen this so many times. Usually someone starts asking about the child's whereabouts, or someone is expecting to see the child.

In the most recent interview above, does SVU say that they believe the babysitter that she gave King to his mother? I have such a hard time hearing what is being said. Maybe next release could be indoors?
IMO, he doesn't give an impression either way. He repeatedly says it's a problem because there are two conflicting accounts and he is determined to get to the truth.

I did note however that he says people are being cooperative and they are in daily contact with them. Then later says the FBI is working with the babysitter. Not the family, just the babysitter. Take that for what you will ...

Which brings me back to the clothing he was last seen wearing. Most of the pics shown of him appear to be in cooler months. It sure isn't the clothing you would want your active 2 year old to wear in the Philly summertime - JMO, of course.

There is so much about this case that makes me want to vomit.

The baby is two. AH, the mother, says she doesn't know babysitter very well.

From July 7 presser:
"Police said the babysitter had cared for the child for two years"

A photo of King and his father attached via @kelly Rule WTXF

That pic is not King and his father; that is King and his uncle, AH’s brother.

Ec1etoSXgAAF3Yg

Lot's of people showed up to search for King!!

Which brings me back to the clothing he was last seen wearing. Most of the pics shown of him appear to be in cooler months. It sure isn't the clothing you would want your active 2 year old to wear in the Philly summertime - JMO, of course.
I thought about that too, his clothing description included a sweatshirt. I'm in California, so I don't know but thought it was hot and humid in Philly?

I can't get any of the videos to play for some dumb reason. In any case, I've only watched one interview with the mom, AH, and she came off as entirely believable to me. Her facial expression, body language, tone, it all looks and sounds legit, especially when she said "she did NOT" bring that child back to her. That sounded like "mama bear" to me.

I'm looking at the babysitter. Which is tricky since... I have no idea who she is. Does she have a name? Has she given any media interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500