Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Fox29 news. Talking about today's search. The mother was there. Searchers met at 33rd and Diamond. RF, a community activist is outraged. The group also searched Fairmount Park. Recap of the mother saying the stepfather said King was returned to her but he wasn't. LE verifies FBI and State Police are now involved. That's about it.
Fairmount Park and the river are unfortunately good places to intentionally or unintentionally “lose” a person.
The city does have cameras and a citizen camera program but I honestly don’t know the prevalence in that area. The good thing is you can register cameras so that the police can essentially tap into the network if any video exists. I know that they have been working on getting cams on the river trail but I know that as of last year that hadn’t started; and with everything going on I feel pretty safe assuming that they probably are not there yet.
What has stuck out for me is the idea of dropping off the child at that corner. I don’t want to assume anything but it has been my understanding that he was essentially dropped off in the middle of Strawberry Mansion, an area that struggles with a high crime rate day and night. It doesn’t sit well with me unless as others have said the mom was to meet the babysitter there?
And Fairmount Park, I would never go into after dark. I only recently realized how huge and dense it really is. There are many trails along with encampments and other activities “hidden” in these woods. Some like a “drum circle” are less nefarious than others. All though can attract less than model citizens. The old water plant is also in the area (though maybe a bit far on foot).
OT but if you want an interesting read google “fairmount park, underground” or something of that sort and there are some really amazing sites there as well as some desolate ones. I live here for almost a decade and learned a lot reading about it for a case past year.
Before I assume the worse, I do agree with the consensus that there are an abundance of confusing details. Hopefully, the cops are able to decipher these lies and it winds up being a custody situation, etc...
Edited by me for spelling

Is there any confirmation of the exchange between the babysitter and the mother?

- Babysitter says she dropped him off with the mother, the mother however denies this.

So who is lying here? And possibly why?
The police indicated that they are still working on verifying the stories. However, the changes in the police captain's comments between last week and this week make me believe they have been unable to verify the babysitter's account of a hand off (to date).

MOO. Personally, this saddened me greatly as the babysitter seems to have been the most consistent caregiver in that little child's life. I really hoped she was telling the truth. It just seems like there is no GOOD reason for the babysitter to lie about the date he was last seen and the handoff to the mother. I still hold out hope, but hope is fading.

They also haven't found King with any relatives or friends despite tremendous resources. Very distressing. Undermines the theory of the case that it was custody shenanigans.

Why would babysitter or mother lie? Here are the possible reasons I can think of in my perceived order of likelihood:
- accidental death of King
- murder of King
- hiding King due to:
---- relationship dispute
----placing him elsewhere out of concern over a more suitable home
----an injury/ evidence of abuse or neglect that could get caregiver in trouble
- lost King
- sold/trafficked King (or a known close contact of mother/babysitter took King for God knows what)

FWIW: my theory is there was an unfortunate accident when he was supposed to be under the care of the babysitter and that has been covered up. Again MOO. I hope I am wrong, that the babysitter is cleared, and this is just some petty dispute and King is with an auntie somewhere.

Ugh, there appears to be a lot of lies going around! The “babysitter” has been in the child’s life for two years (most of his life) yet Mom claims to not know the sitter.

When did Mom and the “Stepdad” quit dating? I’m trying to understand a longer term timeline here.

Captain of the Special Victims Unit Mark Burgmann said the babysitter told detectives she dropped off Hill to his mother on July 7.

“I believe that the stepfather reached out to her and asked her how the child was doing because he was going to drop something off at the house. That’s what alerted to her, he’s not here, and that’s when it all came to light,” Burgmann explained.

Burgmann said detectives have been working around the clock to locate Hill, scouring neighborhoods near 31st and Page streets — where the mother lives — alongside FBI agents.
FBI, state police now helping Philly police search for missing 2-year-old boy
According to Captain Burgmann LE is in constant communication with the family and speaks to them on a daily basis. He says the family misses King and they want him back. He also said the babysitter, mom and stepfather are cooperating.

Yeah, well, except for the lying...

Last edited:
Ugh, there appears to be a lot of lies going around! The “babysitter” has been in the child’s life for two years (most of his life) yet Mom claims to not know the sitter.

When did Mom and the “Stepdad” quit dating? I’m trying to understand a longer term timeline here.
I thought that it was the maternal grandmother who did not know the babysitter and the mom hardly knew the babysitter.

I saw an interview with mom and she said step-dad is the bio father of her older child.

I thought that it was the maternal grandmother who did not know the babysitter and the mom hardly knew the babysitter.
That's correct.

The toddler's grandmother, Kimberly Hill, told Action News that King's stepfather had the boy since the end of May.
"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.' That's the first time we heard of this babysitter. I don't know who this woman is," Kimberly Hill said.
'We're leaving no stone unturned': Search continues for missing 2-year-old boy last seen in Philadelphia

Hill said she became alarmed earlier this week when the stepfather texted to say he had dropped off King with a babysitter. Hill said she doesn’t know the babysitter well.
Philly Police search for missing 2-year-old, mom pleads for boy’s return

This is probably not a popular thought, but I'm not liking the babysitter,That's the middle link. Either stepdad and sitter are in on it together, or babysitter is responsible for his location. This mother doesn't know this sitter, dropped off at a corner???? I'm not sure about mom even knowing about the sitter until the child went missing. IMO

This is probably not a popular thought, but I'm not liking the babysitter,That's the middle link. Either stepdad and sitter are in on it together, or babysitter is responsible for his location. This mother doesn't know this sitter, dropped off at a corner???? I'm not sure about mom even knowing about the sitter until the child went missing. IMO

This case is so confusing! I feel like I change my mind every day. I am leaning towards mom today. MOO

Is there a last seen date of a confirmed sighting of King by other witnesses other than the three ( Mom, stepdad and babysitter)?
Per police at yesterday's press conference, a witness said they thought they saw him July 4th, but police are still working to confirm that.

That to me is very worrying. The police had already obtained that witness account from a neighbor last week (mentioned at July 9th press conference) and still are not sure about it. They say they have talked to all the friends and family they can find and have uncovered no recent sightings (and presumably no corroboration of the July 4th sighting or recent photos).

"The child has not been seen in AT LEAST, at least a week. At least a week."-- Capt Buhrmann, July 13th press conference (~5:15)
"It's been almost a week since the child was reported missing, it's been more than that since the child's been seen." (~7:45)

Sad and scary.

I thought I read that the mother requested him back via the step father, for his upcoming birthday.
King was supposedly returned to his mother weeks earlier than what was arranged. It appears neither the mother or the stepfather were aware that King was dropped off. There were no arrangements to return him to his mother at that date. Very weird.

I sure hope they have checked the dumpsters -
JMO
Yes, I bet a quick dumping (sorry!) as not to be seen on camera or having any evidence found in a car.They might have used a trash can if the home was a house and not apartments.Should be checking landfills.

Fairmount Park and the river are unfortunately good places to intentionally or unintentionally “lose” a person.
The city does have cameras and a citizen camera program but I honestly don’t know the prevalence in that area. The good thing is you can register cameras so that the police can essentially tap into the network if any video exists. I know that they have been working on getting cams on the river trail but I know that as of last year that hadn’t started; and with everything going on I feel pretty safe assuming that they probably are not there yet.
What has stuck out for me is the idea of dropping off the child at that corner. I don’t want to assume anything but it has been my understanding that he was essentially dropped off in the middle of Strawberry Mansion, an area that struggles with a high crime rate day and night. It doesn’t sit well with me unless as others have said the mom was to meet the babysitter there?
And Fairmount Park, I would never go into after dark. I only recently realized how huge and dense it really is. There are many trails along with encampments and other activities “hidden” in these woods. Some like a “drum circle” are less nefarious than others. All though can attract less than model citizens. The old water plant is also in the area (though maybe a bit far on foot).
OT but if you want an interesting read google “fairmount park, underground” or something of that sort and there are some really amazing sites there as well as some desolate ones. I live here for almost a decade and learned a lot reading about it for a case past year.
Before I assume the worse, I do agree with the consensus that there are an abundance of confusing details. Hopefully, the cops are able to decipher these lies and it winds up being a custody situation, etc...
Edited by me for spelling
Thanks for this. I had also wondered about transporting him by car to a wooded area or body of water.LE needs to impound both cars for evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong