Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious what leads you to believe the mother is neglectful?
I'm not the OP but IMO I can see where people may perceive the mother as neglectful, mainly because it isn't typical or the norm that a mother would hand over a 2 year old to another unrelated caregiver for such an extended period of time unless she either felt she could not properly care for him *or* that she did not want to care for him.

Currently we don't know why she did so IMO it's within reason that we should be allowed to consider that she did not want to care for King. And by definition that would be neglect on her part. JMO.

“The per annum rates of filicide per million children less than 5 years old committed by stepfathers, genetic fathers, stepmothers, and genetic mothers were then calculated. The per annum filicide rate for stepfathers (60.0 children per million children) was substantially higher than the per annum filicide rate for genetic fathers (7.0 children per million children). And the per annum filicide rate for stepmothers (20.6 children per million children) was substantially higher than the per annum filicide rate for genetic mothers (8.6 children per million children).”

https://www.toddkshackelford.com/downloads/Weekes-Shackelford-Shackelford-VV-2004.pdf

thansk, I’ve actually read this before, I don’t remember why but I am sure it was involving a crime case. I’d really like to see this done with current and less outdated numbers though. They used figures from the 70s to the 90s, when blended families were far less common than they are today.

I see people are complaining upthread so I’ll stop discussing step parenting.

thansk, I’ve actually read this before, I don’t remember why but I am sure it was involving a crime case. I’d really like to see this done with current and less outdated numbers though. They used figures from the 70s to the 90s, when blended families were far less common than they are today.

I see people are complaining upthread so I’ll stop discussing step parenting.

The DOJ website is as good as it gets with perpetrator and victim statistics. Pretty current info as well.

earlier in the thread someone said stepparents are a notch above sexual predators or something like that.

What two baby killers?
Well whoever said that should be ignored :)

Disregard my baby killer comment, I forgot where I was posting. That was meant for sweet little Olivia Jansen's thread.

Last edited:
Been watching this thread..
Some extremely questionable choices made by all three parties but I’m not here to judge, it just absolutely muddies the waters for figuring out who the culprit is. Imo the the chances of it being a 4th party snatching him is pretty slim..

no matter what angle I look at his disappearance I just can’t believe he’s alive and well being taken care of somewhere? Someone would have cracked already?? :(
King, we’re thinking of you and rooting for you!!!!
Heartbreaking

I've walked the google street view guy a block in each direction from 31st & Page and counted only 3 surveillance cams on buildings. There could be more, but that's all I was able to locate from the street view.
Well I said there are tons All over philly, but if there are 3 in a block radius... I’m curious to know if they have been-recovered And what they showed.

Well I said there are tons All over philly, but if there are 3 in a block radius... I’m curious to know if they have been-recovered And what they showed.
Yes, I would think they also have the phone records by now so if they have or have not confirmed the babysitter's account wouldn't there be an arrest by now?

We don't know what evidence they have but I wish they would give an update soon.

I really hope this child is alive and well and is being kept from his mother like she suggested.

If this is the case, then the person or people responsible would be facing kidnapping charges and prison time. Would they risk such a thing?

How would they hide him and keep people from seeing him?

Last edited:
A Philly police captain said ,in his opinion, they are devoting more resources to this case than he’s seen in 40 years.https://www.investigationdiscovery....l-vanishes--police-still-searching-for-toddle

The PSP and FBI are involved, so I’m sure they are poring over camera footage and other data with all the high tech resources available.

I really hate to post this. I was called out for a search for almost the identical situation back in the 80's in Philadelphia. The child was three blocks away, wrapped in a black plastic bag, in a trash can. Mothers BF was the actor (prints on the bag). I hope they checked all the trash cans in a large radius of the home. According to a street sweeper operator I talked to at the time, trash cans were the preferred choice of disposing of unwanted newborn children and small children that were the victims of abuse in the more economically depressed neighborhoods. He told me he never looked at the contents of his machines hopper when he dumped it as he did not want to have nightmares.

I really hate to post this. I was called out for a search for almost the identical situation back in the 80's in Philadelphia. The child was three blocks away, wrapped in a black plastic bag, in a trash can. Mothers BF was the actor (prints on the bag). I hope they checked all the trash cans in a large radius of the home. According to a street sweeper operator I talked to at the time, trash cans were the preferred choice of disposing of unwanted newborn children and small children that were the victims of abuse in the more economically depressed neighborhoods. He told me he never looked at the contents of his machines hopper when he dumped it as he did not want to have nightmares.
Such a sad story and unfortunately there are so many others like that.

Good to see you here, though!

I have a question about the search. I haven't heard they have used search dogs, but if they did is there a good chance they would pick up King's scent if he was dropped off where the babysitter said he was? There was no mention of her dropping off a bag with his clothes so I would think the babysitter or father would have something with his scent on it.

I would think it's harder for dogs to pick up scents on city sidewalks but I'm wondering if they were used and how likely it might be for them to pick up his scent. Would they use them in the mom's apartment since he hadn't been there in awhile?

Also, do you think they would use cadaver dogs at this point or would they wait for evidence of foul play?

And I understand Philly is a little behind in the trash pickup lately. Could be a good thing...

I have been wondering if one reason that the step dad may have King is that it appears that the mom has their (step dad and mom's) 7 year old autistic daughter - not an easy task for any parent. It may be that she is the primary caregiver for that child and for that reason step dad takes care of King. I could be wrong about all of this as everything is clear as mud.
That occurred to me too. Maybe the girl requires a lot of extra care. At the almost -3 age, some boys still need a lot of attention for toilet training and other important developmental milestones. Maybe mom was overwhelmed with the daughter and needed help from someone who could give King the attention he'd need.

I really hope this child is alive and well and is being kept from his mother like she suggested.

If this is the case, then the person or people responsible would be facing kidnapping charges and prison time. Would they risk such a thing?

How would they hide him and keep people from seeing him?

I have only been able to read and see tiny pieces of this picture on social media and I think others that can access it fully are having a clearer picture painted, but imo more than one person in mom's circle(or more this case circle really) thought she wasn't deserving of King and possibly decided to take/keep him from her. I have wondered if they thought mom really wouldn't make a big deal and now that it is SO big they are panicking and don't know how to get themselves out of it so they just keep letting it run. I could be way off. Like I said, I can see so little of how some of these characters are currently and have behaved, but a few things in particular have given me serious pause and left me considering the possibility King is hidden with someone distant and unexpected in their circle and whoever is responsible still naively thinks this will just blow over. Maybe it is just my mind wanting to think that another baby hasn't been lost at the hands of those who are suppose to love and protect them. Regardless, I hope he is found soon.

I'm not the OP but IMO I can see where people may perceive the mother as neglectful, mainly because it isn't typical or the norm that a mother would hand over a 2 year old to another unrelated caregiver for such an extended period of time unless she either felt she could not properly care for him *or* that she did not want to care for him.

Currently we don't know why she did so IMO it's within reason that we should be allowed to consider that she did not want to care for King. And by definition that would be neglect on her part. JMO.

Very respectfully stated. Thank you for that.

I find it frustrating that MSM is not covering this more. They went all last weekend with hardly a peep on a missing 2year old! Then press conference Monday, then quiet again. I would think they would at least be doing daily process stories with police canvassing neighborhoods and supporters out flyering to keep his face in the news each day. It seems like the media are not doing any of their own reporting and just relying on LE press conferences. I can’t help but wonder if LE pushed the media (as well as family?) to quiet down for some reason or is sending the signal that attention isn’t helpful? If so, in what scenarios do you all think less exposure would help a missing child investigation??

ADMIN NOTE:

Numerous posts have been removed. Please read TOS (aka The Rules, linked in my signature), and remember ...

Information from social media is considered rumor and is not allowed. WS is fact based and information stated as fact must be sourced to MSM or LE, or an official missing person page (approved by WS).

Also, sleuthing of family members, including their social media, is a violation of TOS.

MoeInVA, good questions. I hope the apparent lack of an all-out hunt for King means that they’re pretty sure they know where he is, and ideally he’s safe. Maybe they are thinking it’s more of a triangulated domestic dispute than an actual missing, endangered child situation. A police captain in a link above says they are allocating a huge amount of resources to the case. So maybe they don’t want to be inundated by crazy tips from the public when that isn’t the sort of information they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member