MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On December 3, 2019, Willis asked an appeals court to grant him a new trial in Jessica’s murder. The state Court of Appeals will issue a written opinion in the coming days. Jessica’s body has not been found. Police told Dateline they continue to search but have no leads as to Jessica’s location.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

The Michigan Court of Appeals just released their opinion of JW’s appeal online. His argument for a new trial is found to be without merit and the lower court’s decision has been affirmed.

http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov/OPINIONS/FINAL/COA/20191226_C344561_47_344561.OPN.PDF

This opinion is not surprising. As an indigent, this is Willis’s only appeal unless he can come up with funds on his own or find someone to take his case pro bono. Which is highly doubtful.

Prayers to Jessica’s family as I know this news isn’t helpful in locating their beloved daughter/sister/mother.

“The Michigan appeals court has affirmed the conviction of a man in the disappearance and death of a gas station clerk in western Michigan.

Some evidence found at Jeffrey Willis' home should have been excluded at trial, the court said, but it doesn't outweigh other “strong untainted evidence” that showed he was responsible for Jessica Heeringa's death.”

Court affirms conviction in gas station clerk Jessica Heeringa's murder

The Michigan Court of Appeals just released their opinion of JW’s appeal online. His argument for a new trial is found to be without merit and the lower court’s decision has been affirmed.

http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov/OPINIONS/FINAL/COA/20191226_C344561_47_344561.OPN.PDF

This opinion is not surprising. As an indigent, this is Willis’s only appeal unless he can come up with funds on his own or find someone to take his case pro bono. Which is highly doubtful.

Prayers to Jessica’s family as I know this news isn’t helpful in locating their beloved daughter/sister/mother.

Thank you for this update I’m glad he won’t be leaving prison as I truly believe he is a very dangerous and sick individual.

Jessica’s family are in my thoughts and prayers and prayers they have stated publicly many times on their official Facebook page Find Jessica Heeringa that they do not believe he did kill her and that Jessica is still alive somewhere. They state “No body, no justice”.

Jessica’s family are in my thoughts and prayers and prayers they have stated publicly many times on their official Facebook page Find Jessica Heeringa that they do not believe he did kill her and that Jessica is still alive somewhere. They state “No body, no justice”.

I personally believe as the courts have, that Willis abducted and murdered Jessica. But I also understand her family’s belief and hope that Jessica is still alive somewhere. I don’t know when or how I would give up my own hope in the same situation.

Willis is sick and violent and deserves to live the rest of his life behind bars and fade into obscurity. I doubt he has anyone putting money on his account or sending him Securepaks. Or visiting. Or sending letters and cards.

I personally believe as the courts have, that Willis abducted and murdered Jessica. But I also understand her family’s belief and hope that Jessica is still alive somewhere. I don’t know when or how I would give up my own hope in the same situation.

Willis is sick and violent and deserves to live the rest of his life behind bars and fade into obscurity. I doubt he has anyone putting money on his account or sending him Securepaks. Or visiting. Or sending letters and cards.

Does anyone know if the victim in the jogger snuff video described by the detective in the trail was identified yet or if that suspect in the video was caught? Why isn't that video making headlines?

“The Michigan appeals court has affirmed the conviction of a man in the disappearance and death of a gas station clerk in western Michigan.

Some evidence found at Jeffrey Willis' home should have been excluded at trial, the court said, but it doesn't outweigh other “strong untainted evidence” that showed he was responsible for Jessica Heeringa's death.”

Court affirms conviction in gas station clerk Jessica Heeringa's murder

I personally think he did it. I'll be shocked if there's evidence we don't know about. Wasn't her DNA found in his basement and car?

I do understand why her family won't accept it. They can't bury her until she's found or Willis confesses what he did with her. I had hoped his cousin would give the location up by now but it's possible he doesn't know where she is.

Does anyone know if the cousin is out of prison?

So sorry, Roselvr, I just saw your question.

JW’s cousin, Kevin Bluhm, was released from the Muskegon County Jail in January of 2018.
Here are a few articles about his sentencing and release:
Kevin Bluhm leaves jail after sentencing in Heeringa case
Kevin Bluhm will continue to wear tether
Willis' cousin Kevin Bluhm expected to exit jail Tuesday | wzzm13.com
Bluhm never served real prison time — county jails are a whole different experience from the Michigan Department of Corrections prison network.

IMO Bluhm really got off WAY too easy. His silence allowed Willis the opportunity to kill Rebekah Bletsch, traumatized the young girl Willis attempted to abduct, and left Jessica’s family completely devastated. If Bluhm had gone to the police immediately, they likely would have located Jessica’s body and her family would have the answers they so desperately need. And his apparent obsession with Rebekah Bletsch before her murder is beyond hinky to me. He definitely knows more than he has ever told anyone. Bluhm was, however, required to keep his GPS tether; the judge ruled so before his release in 2018 because Jessica’s body had not been found. I don’t know if that part of his sentencing is still in force?

ETA It looks like Bluhm was sentenced to 5 years probation. The GPS tether might be in force until he has completed that?

Although Bluhm is free now, I doubt he'll be able to live a normal life in the Muskegon area again. There were many billboards up around town & the surrounding areas saying he needed more jail time, he was hiding things. Even yard signs. Rightly so, IMO. I believe Willis killed Jessica. At his grandfather's house and Bluhm was there for some part of it. Herringa's believe that the police/prosecution didn't do their jobs & just blamed Willis on Jessica's case to close it out. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in their shoes.

RSBM (Respectfully snipped by me)/BBM (bolden by me)
I believe Willis killed Jessica. At his grandfather's house and Bluhm was there for some part of it. Herringa's believe that the police/prosecution didn't do their jobs & just blamed Willis on Jessica's case to close it out. I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were in their shoes.

Welcome to WS. Jessica’s thread was the first one I ever started on WS.

I agree with your theory.

I hope her little boy Z is doing as well as possible.

RSBM (Respectfully snipped by me)/BBM (bolden by me)

Welcome to WS. Jessica’s thread was the first one I ever started on WS.

I agree with your theory.

I hope her little boy Z is doing as well as possible.
He seems to be living as much as a normal life as possible just from what little I see on social media come across my timeline. He is with Jessica's sister now. Seems like a happy boy & he is in a loving and safe home.

Jessica Heeringa was working alone at a gas station in Norton Shores, Michigan on April 26, 2013, when she disappeared. A witness told police he saw the 25-year-old mother being forced into a silver Chrysler minivan. Investigators found Jessica's cell phone, keys and purse inside the store. In September 2016, officials charged Jeffrey Willis, 46, with abduction and murder in relation to Jessica’s case. He pleaded not guilty. At the time he was facing charges for the April 2016 abduction of a teenager who ended up escaping. She led police to a van where, according to court testimony, investigators found bondage items and lists of women’s names and addresses. According to NBC affiliate WOOD-TV, investigators said they found a file labeled “VICS” (short for victims) that contained a folder labeled with the initials of a jogger named Rebekah Bletsch who had been found shot to death in 2014. The folder also contained a code for her date of death. In November 2017, Willis was convicted of first-degree premeditated murder and felony firearm in connection to Rebekah’s 2014 shooting death. Police told WOOD-TV there was also a file bearing Jessica’s initials on Willis’s computer. On May 16, 2018, Willis was found guilty of Jessica’s kidnapping and murder. Willis is serving two life sentences: one for killing Jessica in 2013 and the other for killing Rebekah Bletsch. On December 3, 2019, Willis asked the Michigan Court of Appeals to grant him a new trial in Jessica’s murder, stating that some of the evidence that the jury saw in his trial should not have been admitted, according to WOOD-TV. The court agreed some evidence should have been excluded at trial, but said that doesn’t outweigh other “strong untainted evidence” that showed Willis was responsible for Jessica’s death. On December 27, 2019, the Michigan Court of Appeals ruled that Willis’s arguments had no merit and that his conviction of Jessica’s kidnapping and murder will stand. Jessica’s body has not been found. Police told Dateline they continue to search but have no leads as to Jessica’s location. If you have any information regarding Jessica’s case, please call the Norton Shores Police Department at (231) 733-2691 or the Silent Observer at (231) 722-7463.
upload_2021-2-10_14-50-22.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Today is the ninth anniversary of the tragic day Jessica disappeared. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with Jessica’s loved ones. I can’t imagine how difficult it has been and continues to be for her family for Jessica to go to work one day and not come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn