Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize the rest of you have moved on from the discussion about the car but I couldn't let it go. First, I have lost track of who brought up the car fire (JJ1492?) but thank you for excellent sleuthing. Ditto to Curiosity1234 for finding the same car on Google Street View and for Unapologetic... for the make and model.

Putting the photos side by side I have to conclude what you already did. The car was a Chrysler Pacifica and the photo in Google Street View is the same car that was burned. I don't know where the information came from that it was JS's girlfriend's car but if that is true it is 100% certain it was burned to cover up or to misdirect LE. A car fire at the kidnapper's house less than 2 weeks after the kidnapping, coincidence? No way.
Very good CuriousQuiet1, I suspect the car fire wasn't accidental either. I thought it odd that the hood wasn't up during the fire, wouldn't that indicate engine, mechanical problem as cause of fire etc. ?

Last edited:
In order for JS to bury Linda that day he would have needed a shovel and more time than two hours or less.
If he had a shovel in his car, that makes her abduction potentially premeditated.
If he didn't have a shovel, he may have dumped her somewhere.
He was only able to dig down eight inches to bury her items of clothing; that sounds like hands, not shovel.
Moo
I thought the same thing too TwoBlueJays, that JS used his hands to bury the clothes. He might have been peeking in the windows looking for a shovel and didn't see one. I think Linda was hidden at another location at that time, possibly Gap. Maybe he would have brought Linda there to bury her as well but no shovel no dice.

Last edited:
Great maps everyone.

Caught up this morning.

Everywhere that the searchers searched I would mark on a map. Thats obv where enforcement has ideas so itd be nice to look at that area and see what's there.

The driving and timeline is so weird.

He could be falsely confident on the no body finding. Just because he thinks no one will find it doesnt mean hes right. He could have false sense of security because he "can choose a good spot" in his eyes. Makes me wonder with his timeframes of availability what he could do. What are places familiar to him or places that he thinks people dont frequent.

The pig theory is good but it would have to be a place he knows has no cameras...accessible.. on that route he took...

Bodies of water he should know they will come up and also he would have to have access to weights though and rope...and a spot that is secluded....

Unless premeditated I'd think hed be all over if a first time crime committer....unless he really learned alot in prison.

I'd imagine hes taken her.....shes fearful enough to comply... once deeds are done he has to do what's familiar...available...convenient....unless really premeditated and have tools and locations.

By the driving around I would think not premeditated. Unsure.

Was there a tiff...a feud between girls...friends. even mennonite amish can have qualms and teenage rivalries. And maybe his mentally mixed with that created a bad situation. Maybe a revenge gone wrong.

I will look at the maps later tonight. I want to get a clearer picture of his timeline and area. I know some of it but not that far out.

Very good CuriousQuiet1, I suspect the car fire wasn't accidental either. I thought it odd that the hood wasn't up during the fire, wouldn't that indicate engine, mechanical problem as cause of fire etc. ?
In the photo of the vehicle on fire, the doors on the drivers side appear to be open. I guess the heat could have done this. I also noted that in the photo of the inside of the vehicle, it appears that the front seat are completely burnt and do not really exist.

In order for JS to bury Linda that day he would have needed a shovel and more time than two hours or less.
If he had a shovel in his car, that makes her abduction potentially premeditated.
He was only able to dig down eight inches to bury her items of clothing; that sounds like hands, not shovel.
Moo

I've even wondered if he put different items of her clothing in different areas in what he may consider his comfort zones.

He knew he couldn't keep them for his girlfriend to see or find. Nor would he chance LE finding them in his vehicle if he went through a roadblock stop.

The reason I even mention this is sexual predators are known to keep items belonging to their victims so they can go back ,and relive the heinous acts. Both rapists, and rapists who murder their victims keep items belonging to their prey.

I don't know the soil density in the location where he dug an eight inch hole, but even that deep he had to have some type of digging tool...even a makeshift one. By only burying the items eight inches deep it makes me think he had planned to return for perhaps some sick twisted reason. He very well may have several areas where he has put her clothing.

Many murderers do not bury a deep hole to bury the victims. Iirc, the average hole is around 18 inches deep. This is why we see LE often refer to them as shallow graves.

There are so many ways he could have gotten rid of Linda's body where she will never be found.

Some murderers already had the place ready even before the kidnapping.

Imo, JS put a lot of thought into all of it before it even happened.

It's sad, but more murderers seem to be learning the more desecration done to the bodies the less likely evidence will be found including not being able to locate the bodies themselves.

I've also noticed an uptick in gruesome overkills being committed against victims by total stranger offenders who never even knew any of them.

Jmho

Last edited:
Great maps everyone.

Caught up this morning.

Everywhere that the searchers searched I would mark on a map. Thats obv where enforcement has ideas so itd be nice to look at that area and see what's there.

The driving and timeline is so weird.

He could be falsely confident on the no body finding. Just because he thinks no one will find it doesnt mean hes right. He could have false sense of security because he "can choose a good spot" in his eyes. Makes me wonder with his timeframes of availability what he could do. What are places familiar to him or places that he thinks people dont frequent.

The pig theory is good but it would have to be a place he knows has no cameras...accessible.. on that route he took...

Bodies of water he should know they will come up and also he would have to have access to weights though and rope...and a spot that is secluded....

Unless premeditated I'd think hed be all over if a first time crime committer....unless he really learned alot in prison.

I'd imagine hes taken her.....shes fearful enough to comply... once deeds are done he has to do what's familiar...available...convenient....unless really premeditated and have tools and locations.

By the driving around I would think not premeditated. Unsure.

Was there a tiff...a feud between girls...friends. even mennonite amish can have qualms and teenage rivalries. And maybe his mentally mixed with that created a bad situation. Maybe a revenge gone wrong.

I will look at the maps later tonight. I want to get a clearer picture of his timeline and area. I know some of it but not that far out.
I wondered the same thing myself Saphyrrra, did he have a big, really big argument with his girlfriend that day ?

It is in fact that common. There several names you will find everywhere in the mennonite/Amish communities here: "Miller, Stoltzfus, Yoder" - many close relations in these communities and that's partly why the "third cousin" story by LNP was clickbait sensationalism.
I was told by a local historian that the Stolzfus and Stolzfoos hail from the same family. An argument between family members caused a brother to change his name to Stolzfoos

I was told by a local historian that the Stolzfus and Stolzfoos hail from the same family. An argument between family members caused a brother to change his name to Stolzfoos

I’m low on phone battery and want to preserve it for any good pictures. But I cannot emphasize enough how correct you are about this location. It is better a environment for the means than all the other possible locations including welsh mountains. There looks like no security breaches but I don’t even think he went inside. The farm/wooded area behind is ideal. Every square inch should be searched.

I’m low on phone battery and want to preserve it for any good pictures. But I cannot emphasize enough how correct you are about this location. It is better a environment for the means than all the other possible locations including welsh mountains. There looks like no security breaches but I don’t even think he went inside. The farm/wooded area behind is ideal. Every square inch should be searched.
Thank you so much. If you decide to let a search party or LE know about it, post here and I will let them know who has a key.

Thank you so much. If you decide to let a search party or LE know about it, post here and I will let them know who has a key.

I’ll keep you posted, waiting on some buddies to join me. It’s spooky but I like this stuff. There are cameras all over this parking lot. HOWEVER, there is an unbelievably discreet and perfect way to park along the railroad tracks and enter the entire farm/wooded area undetected from the railroad.

Moo
It will probably take cadaver dogs to find the location. The problem is they have to find the area to take the dogs to search. The weather is hot and the dogs have thick fur coats and have to be monitored for hot weather related injury. This is a terrible time of year to be trying to search for hours on end in the blazing hot summer sun.

I’ll keep you posted, waiting on some buddies to join me. It’s spooky but I like this stuff. There are cameras all over this parking lot. HOWEVER, there is an unbelievably discreet and perfect way to park along the railroad tracks and enter the entire farm/wooded area undetected from the railroad.
It's very spooky. I been at that location after dark and was terrified. Inside the hotel, it's eerily quiet and quite large. Even in the daytime, it's super quiet and I hated being there. I made the decision early on that when going back I would sit in my vehicle. I do remember the camera's and LE should at least look at them. He could have accidentally ended up there.

A farm field doesnt seem plausible to me. It will get farmed down...so I would rather think an area that is not farmed and just brush or woods.. but if brush and woods there would have to be a path or carrying or dragging would be ridiculous and hard without leaving a trail in your wake.

JJ1492, i'm not sure where exactly is he searching. Is it Asian building ?
Yes, it's a Church/Hotel. I was told that Asians from all over the world go there to worship because christianity is not allowed in there countries. I personally never saw any sign of anyone being there other than a few unmade beds and signs of someone being in the kitchen. This church is in Paradise, behind Smokers house.

What was I thinking ? It's not just a vehicle fire !!! Apartment and vehicle fire at location where murder suspect lives.

Yes, it's a Church/Hotel. I was told that Asians from all over the world go there to worship because christianity is not allowed in there countries. I personally never saw any sign of anyone being there other than a few unmade beds and signs of someone being in the kitchen. This church is in Paradise, behind Smokers house.
Oh, thanks so much.

A farm field doesnt seem plausible to me. It will get farmed down...so I would rather think an area that is not farmed and just brush or woods.. but if brush and woods there would have to be a path or carrying or dragging would be ridiculous and hard without leaving a trail in your wake.
I'm not sure what is planted there at this time of the year. It's usually corn fields and corn fields are the choice of some criminals to dispose of a body, especially here in the south. Usually by the time they are found, the body has been there for weeks. Corn stalks are pretty tough and super dense but you could drag a body between the rows. I'm not a corn farmer and don't know a lot about it but I think once the corn is planted it is left alone until harvest. Last year while in this very area on Black Horse Rd, a deer ran out of the corn field and I almost hit it. Maybe someone on this site could provide info on corn farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288