MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

I highly doubt she had a separate account. When a person is in a nursing home (which the 2 son's state she was for 3 years on their FB page for Betty), the patient gets a minimal amount each month and the balance of the SS check goes to their bill. Betty would have been used to having / needing very little cash after 3 years. Anything she wanted that she couldn't afford, it sounds like her children provided. To qualify for the subsidized housing, she wouldn't have been able to have assets over a certain limit. They'd pull up her info based on her SSN and it would show what is under her name. Yes indeed, this is very odd.

She also owned a debit card for purchases. Is there anyway to get cash money through that? Where I live you can purchase something, pay more with your bank card and ask for cash money in return. That is, if Betty was clear enough to do such thing, could get to a store and if it's possible in the US.

She also owned a debit card for purchases. Is there anyway to get cash money through that? Where I live you can purchase something, pay more with your bank card and ask for cash money in return. That is, if Betty was clear enough to do such thing, could get to a store and if it's possible in the US.
Oh yes, she could ask for cash back on her debit card if she needed it. I’m sure they’ve checked her bank account to see if any suspicious withdrawals have been made.

Where is the link indicating the brother had to "break the locks" to get into Betty's apartment? That's hearsay. Maybe Betty gave a key to her son that her daughter didn't know about. Or, the apartment manager let him in with a master key.

I can't tell you the number of things my mom tells me, or gives me, and tells me not to tell so and so......... it's ongoing because I have one sibling who thinks it's OK to attempt to micromanage everyone's life. Maybe Betty felt pressured and didn't have the emotional energy to say no to her daughter and said something else to her son.

As for the uncle moving into her apartment. Maybe his apartment was noisier because it was closer to the street, maybe it was too close to the dumpster, maybe Betty had a better view or better yard area behind her apartment. He moved from one building to another building in the same complex. I don't find that odd.

Maybe daughter is upset she didn't recognize her mom's decline, or that she did or didn't do something else.... so it just becomes easier to discount the more painful possibilities to blame someone or something else.
It was in the podcast, link upthread.

It was in the podcast, link upthread.

Respectfully, 'cause ya know I love ya, I don't consider a podcast msm.

Foul play is the bottom of my list of theories. Imo, she is lost, whether she is accidentally lost or purposely lost( as in she harmed herself in a place she would not be found), I do not believe she was abducted.

OT. I drove through Sullivan just after Christmas in 2018. It was dark already, but we ate at the Uno's Pizza and I just remember tons of trees everywhere. Nothing but pitch black and trees on both sides of 44. She could have wandered off and fell and not have been found on a search. How many times have we seen searches that were unsuccessful and the MP was later found in an area that was already searched?

Are any future searches planned?

Are there any memorable areas Betty and her husband visited that she might choose as a final resting place if she were to harm herself?

Did she ever talk about wanting to be with her husband?

Think about it this way, what reason would anyone have to abduct Betty?

It is possible they anticipated using a motorized scooter, rent one at the mall, use one at the grocery store, etc. That is what I did on the days I actually had a lot of shopping to get done, well pre-Covid-19 era! Your energy is good initially but at the end, the fatigue does you in. Check out lines are sometimes the last straw.

no mall in or near Sullivan....

The interview with her daughter was very good. Thanks for the link!

Both the fentynal rx business and the 'uncle-in-law' are registering on my hinky meter.

The daughter said that her mom wanted to repay her and was determined to do so. Who would she ask about trying to sell patches if she only talked to family, neighbors and people at church?

I think her disappearance is somehow related to those patches. MOO

Both the fentynal rx business and the 'uncle-in-law' are registering on my hinky meter.

The daughter said that her mom wanted to repay her and was determined to do so. Who would she ask about trying to sell patches if she only talked to family, neighbors and people at church?

Hi Watergirl, do you have a link to this interview. I've seem to have mist the part of that Betty wanted to repay her daughter.

Respectfully, 'cause ya know I love ya, I don't consider a podcast msm.

Foul play is the bottom of my list of theories. Imo, she is lost, whether she is accidentally lost or purposely lost( as in she harmed herself in a place she would not be found), I do not believe she was abducted.

I agree, what would somebody had to gain by abducting her. The only reasons I can think of is rescuing her from her sad (IMO) live (that would mean she is probably still alive) or to hurt one of the family members or the whole family (revenge).

OT. I drove through Sullivan just after Christmas in 2018. It was dark already, but we ate at the Uno's Pizza and I just remember tons of trees everywhere. Nothing but pitch black and trees on both sides of 44. She could have wandered off and fell and not have been found on a search. How many times have we seen searches that were unsuccessful and the MP was later found in an area that was already searched?

Are there any memorable areas Betty and her husband visited that she might choose as a final resting place if she were to harm herself?

Chris Sexton missing October 2013, found December 2013 I believe after 53 days. He was found in an area that was a few feet from where SAR dogs had searched. A guy had found him because he was decomposing.

I do too. I don't doubt she sold a box. I had actually commented on the blog linked but some how what I posted got eaten. A lot of seniors sell their meds. She probably learned how to get 2 days out of her patches by taking it off once it kicked in. Her daughter should look up her dose and street value of a box, I bet it's close to $200.

She lived in a disabled complex. Someone younger could have hooked her up with a buyer unless the uncle in law was the one. Just so weird that her son visited him but not her that day

It looks like Missouri doesn't enter all their unidentified persons in Namus. To be honest I find that ridiculous. When comes the time EVERY state is obligated by law to put their missing and unidentified into Namus, viewable by the public.

For heavens sake get your stuff together Missouri. Mandate Missouri Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains be entered in NamUs

Please support a state level legislation to Help Find The Missing, to reunite Missouri missing persons to their families. NamUs, the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System was launched in 2007. It can be used by everyone from law enforcement to family members at no cost. NamUs provides a unified database for records and offers forensic services, investigative support and case management. Although open to the public there are different levels of security so that law enforcement can leave in private that is not accessible to the public.

Missouri residents can sign the petition at Change.Org

Missouri missing person cases if entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) by law enforcement of jurisdiction then reside on Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Missing Persons Clearinghouse. Access to NCIC is only for criminal justice agencies whereas the clearinghouse is view-able by the public. The public, however, cannot input missing cases into the clearinghouse. Coroners and medical examiners are responsible for unidentified remains but there is no state clearinghouse. In a perfect world DNA, dental, and fingerprints are gathered and entered in appropriate databases but this is not happening. Families of the missing are forced to ambulance chase news reports of bodies found trying to leave no stone unturned. But, the current system has made for far too many stones, scattered everywhere. If someone goes missing and is found yet unidentified in another county, the chances of them falling through the cracks are far too great. NamUs can help bridge this gap.

Last edited:
I still believe the statement at the beginning of this story....she was in early stages of dementia is misleading people to believe she wandered off. I have been following from day one and am local. The correction was she sometimes forgot names. As someone that is close in age to her and can also not go without my glasses, believing she wandered away without them is just not possible in my opinion.

There is just too many odd facts. Did I see someone mention that Betty asked if she should sell her fentanyl patches? She would not have done that if she was classified as a dementia patient nor left alone for long periods of time.

There are alot of other contradictions and hopefully the truth will come out someday soon.

Are all the muddled and missing pieces, odd events after Betty vanished. So many possibilities, was this just odd occurences or a well built smoke screen. If we get the hinky meters registering, imagine how Betty must have felt. Left to figure out how to deal with this nightmare on her own MOO
Still praying for Betty and family and friends. Heartbreaking :(

Keep in mind, she had severe problems with her back due to a fall or accident years ago. IIRC, from her daughter's interviews or posts, Betty had previous surgeries, including screws in her spine. That's why she was prescribed fentanyl patches. She couldn't walk very far.

The motive for abducting her, while agree it seems a remote possibility, was to keep her from identifying the person who was taking her fentanyl patches. Recall from her daughter's info, Betty had just received her prescription and one of the boxes of patches was missing.

Her eyeglasses were also left on the arm of her chair, so she would also have difficulty seeing.

It looks like Missouri doesn't enter all their unidentified persons in Namus. To be honest I find that ridiculous. When comes the time EVERY state is obligated by law to put their missing and unidentified into Namus, viewable by the public.

For heavens sake get your stuff together Missouri. Mandate Missouri Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains be entered in NamUs

Please support a state level legislation to Help Find The Missing, to reunite Missouri missing persons to their families. NamUs, the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System was launched in 2007. It can be used by everyone from law enforcement to family members at no cost. NamUs provides a unified database for records and offers forensic services, investigative support and case management. Although open to the public there are different levels of security so that law enforcement can leave in private that is not accessible to the public.

Missouri residents can sign the petition at Change.Org

Missouri missing person cases if entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) by law enforcement of jurisdiction then reside on Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Missing Persons Clearinghouse. Access to NCIC is only for criminal justice agencies whereas the clearinghouse is view-able by the public. The public, however, cannot input missing cases into the clearinghouse. Coroners and medical examiners are responsible for unidentified remains but there is no state clearinghouse. In a perfect world DNA, dental, and fingerprints are gathered and entered in appropriate databases but this is not happening. Families of the missing are forced to ambulance chase news reports of bodies found trying to leave no stone unturned. But, the current system has made for far too many stones, scattered everywhere. If someone goes missing and is found yet unidentified in another county, the chances of them falling through the cracks are far too great. NamUs can help bridge this gap.

Missouri has had some very bad leadership the last several years. There are many things there that need fixing.

There's been a history of missing persons in Missouri that lack of immediacy in missing adults seems to motivate individuals with heinous motives. Add to that the enormous wooded secluded areas and bodies of water.... Large areas that are sparsely populated .... MOO very dangerous

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back