Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cases involving children to me are always so heartbreaking. In 2014 after the murder of six year old Nathan O'Brien, all they recovered was a tooth.

I hope soon little Gannon can be laid to rest. These young parents face a lifetime of grief having their children murdered. Life will never be the same for them and they will never have the joy of watching their child grow and their accomplishments along the way.

The siblings of these young victims will never have their "buddy" to grow up with and share memories.

The murderer of Nathan received 75 years and I hope LS never gets out either.

Also surprised on the autopsy, what can take that long?

I hope they release him to his family soon to be laid to rest. Poor family :(

RSBM

Sometimes the completion of autopsies take a while. :( The sad thing is determining an actual cause of death (as well as toxicology testing) may be extremely difficult because of decomposition.

I would imagine the results will be sealed due to the fact Gannon was a minor at time of death. It's possible we may have to wait until trial to learn this information, unless prosecutors petition the court to release findings. I (THINK) the defense would object claiming undue prejudice towards their client?

You are so right about the family needing to lay Gannon to rest. They are living in a state of limbo until this happens. The pandemic doesn't help matters. :(

THIS is not an insane person!
Totally the opposite IMO.
A very SANE evil, calculated person. Fast talking, blame shifting, gaslighting, word salad flinging anything that will stick. Interesting how she says “WE”.Like she has an “army of people” defending her...her lawyers, her family, her flying monkies, whatever. According to her...L.E has troubling vocabulary. Gannon’s mother has too much presence at the house .An excuse for everything. She is a victim. She is an innocent. Wow.

MOO

BBM

But the evaluation is for competency to stand trial, not to evaluate her sanity at the time of the offense in January.

I expect she'll be found competent. It's not a very high bar. But if she is (or even if she isn't) that would have little to no relevance to her mental state in January.
JMO

I think some of the confusion is that one news article is a mostly old article that they slapped a new date on. For example, most news articles state that LS was NOT in the courtroom Friday. If you read the article that mentions the autopsy not being complete yet, it also states she is in the courtroom hiding behind her hair, which is what made me notice its old. I haven’t seen a “new” article in regards to Friday’s hearing that mentions the autopsy is still not complete. It may or may not be complete (dunno) but the link people are referencing has a lot of old info about the hearing prior to Friday.

I apparently signed up for the VINE prisoner alerts to track LS.

I received the email below today (7/20/20 @6:20am).

I ASSUME this means she has been transferred to the state mental hospital.

We can all now rightfully imagine her strapped in a straight jacket........GOD help the mental workers and patients. EVIL has arrived.

7/20/2020
This e-mail is to inform you that LETECIA STAUCH has been placed on
unsupervised custody status as of 7/20/2020
. As a result, this offender will not be under constant correctional supervision. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or if you
have an emergency, call 911.

For more information, contact the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. The
telephone number is (719)390-2151.

This notification is sponsored by the Colorado VINE Service. It is our hope
that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The VINE Service
6398.gif
e433.png

I apparently signed up for the VINE prisoner alerts to track LS.

I received the email below today (7/20/20 @6:20am).

I ASSUME this means she has been transferred to the state mental hospital.

We can all now rightfully imagine her strapped in a straight jacket........GOD help the mental workers and patients. EVIL has arrived.

7/20/2020
This e-mail is to inform you that LETECIA STAUCH has been placed on
unsupervised custody status as of 7/20/2020
. As a result, this offender will not be under constant correctional supervision. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or if you
have an emergency, call 911.

For more information, contact the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. The
telephone number is (719)390-2151.

This notification is sponsored by the Colorado VINE Service. It is our hope
that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The VINE Service
6398.gif
e433.png

Unsupervised custody & not being under constant correctional supervision?
If she doesn't take advantage of that in some way, I'll be surprised.

If she's any kind of a flight risk, perhaps they could wrap her in dog sweaters and transport her in a suitcase.

What an abject travesty she is.

She had a beautiful daughter, a solid husband -- a nice home, amazing stepchildren -- she had all the markers for a happy life -- and she destroyed it.

And for what?

Gannon's story touches us all.

I can't wait until I forget her name completely.

JMOJMOJMO

I think some of the confusion is that one news article is a mostly old article that they slapped a new date on. For example, most news articles state that LS was NOT in the courtroom Friday. If you read the article that mentions the autopsy not being complete yet, it also states she is in the courtroom hiding behind her hair, which is what made me notice its old. I haven’t seen a “new” article in regards to Friday’s hearing that mentions the autopsy is still not complete. It may or may not be complete (dunno) but the link people are referencing has a lot of old info about the hearing prior to Friday.

Letecia Stauch's lawyers say mental competency test to be completed soon

Both the defense and prosecutors are waiting for the autopsy to be filed from Florida.

New court documents loaded today, (linked below).

Looks like subpoenas for her medical records discussed at the hearing and a motion about testing blood evidence which will be consumed by the testing method.....someone can word that better than me. ;)

Also, some protected mental health kites received from the jail. Looks like these were not supposed to be received as they are protected information. They were not viewed by the DA as recognized as protected records which should only be obtained by subpoena. (Correct me if wrong on my interpretation).

Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Letecia Stauch

ETA: reworded still sounds wonky LOL

Last edited:
Was this the wall in Gannons bedroom? In which document did you read this?
@Megnut (sorry to answer a question directed to you but I downloaded the document to my computer so easy for me to attach).

Yes, a portion of Gannon's bedroom wall and baseboards removed and taken into evidence.....

Attachments

• P11 People's Motion for Consumptive Testing Pursuant to C_R_S_ 16-3-309(1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
@Megnut (sorry to answer a question directed to you but I downloaded the document to my computer so easy for me to attach).

Portion of Gannon's bedroom wall and baseboards removed and taken into evidence.....
Thank you so much.
Why can’t she just confess and save time and heartache? She is never going to be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong