FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to chime in with my observations of things I think are no big deal, having grown up in the country:
1) Fishing at night, especially catfishing is very common. In fact, many believe night is the best time for catfishing.
2) Many people know where other people's favorite fishing holes are. If someone was looking for one of them, they may know exactly where to go. The father did.
3) Bullet holes in signs are common - people use them for target practice.

$30,000 reward now offered for information leading to an arrest
hmm if it is true that he spoke to his father and that is confidential - it does seem as if he may not have known the killer(s) IMO.
ETA:
LIVE: Grady Judd addresses fishing trip ‘massacre’ of 3 friends | WFLA
Judd said the father was able to have final words with his son, Brandon, before he passed. The information Rollins gave to his father about the suspects remains confidential, the sheriff’s office said.

Sadly, this makes it sound more and more like they don't have a whole lot to go on right now. I hope I'm wrong on this.
I disagree here- though am confident you are more experienced than myself.

These fellows certainly seemed to be economically disadvantaged, likely their peer group is as well. It’s a disadvantaged rural area where folks know one another & one another’s business. I think the Sheriff is trying to entice someone to speak up. IMO

These fellows certainly seemed to be economically disadvantaged, likely their peer group is as well. It’s a disadvantaged rural area where folks know one another & one another’s business. I think the Sheriff is trying to entice someone to speak up. IMO

That is always a possibility.

It doesn't seem like the son knew the attacker(s) or we would all know by now. Maybe the first victim knew.
Why shoot AND beat someone...sounds personal in some manner.
Yes people fish at night.
Maybe dad didn't know how to work his kid's phone or maybe it was dark and he couldn't find it or the attacker(s) took it.
The 17 year year old may have been family friend or knew cpr or maybe just trying to help in an emergency and had a phone.

Son may have had a passcode on his phone, that Dad didn't know.

Long time Floridian here-
A good portion of very rural Florida is similar to this area. Poor, low income, low education
most are HS dropouts, lots of unmarried girls
with babies from several fathers. Many on gov't assistance of some form, otherwise working low wage,minimum wage jobs.
They sometimes call themselves Rednecks and
others know what the term means. It's a whole culture that maybe outsiders wouldn't understand.
Not so different from other very "country" areas.
IMO this was a personal crime against the first
victim and the other two were buddies and witnesses so had to go too. The consensus of
FB posters who are local believe it's over a female. Sounds about right. Road rage is also pretty common in these areas. Small egos, big
huge trucks and tires. We learn to get out of their way when on the road or they mow you down. Whole different lifestyle. Hard drinking and drugs are rampant and meth is ruining a lot of young people.
moo

Looking for surveillance video.

I agree that it’s smart to turn up the heat and you are correct about how the economics of the area could be a factor. I just think it was a bit quick after the sheriff played a confidence card (which I think was smart too) yesterday about the victim talking to his dad. It just makes me afraid the sheriff may be showing too much. Please don’t take that as me being critical as I’m personally hoping that the sheriff is able to get whoever done this.

Sadly, this makes it sound more and more like they don't have a whole lot to go on right now. I hope I'm wrong on this.
I'm on the fence in this.
Although I've voted 'yes'-- as I'm thinking the killers knew who the victims were, but obv. not in a 'friendly' way but knew that they needed to be silenced ?
Idk.
My mind is all over about this horrific slaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea