FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little confused. In the presser, Sheriff Judd speculates that one possible motive could be simply that the two trucks pulled next to each other and blocked the road for someone else to get by. This certainly doesn’t seem worthy of murder (nothing is, but this idea seems really trivial), but it also goes against the theory that DT arrived first and was already beaten/was the first target. And how do they know that DT arrived first? Just thinking aloud.

Notes from Presser

-Brandon’s Dad could only hear the word “help” (there were other things said by Brandon on the phone)

-Trucks pulled in to speak to each other driver-to-driver

-Sunray – convenience store 5 to 10 minutes away

-LE had a hard time finding Brandon’s phone, so, his Dad would have had a hard time finding it

-When you look at the crime scene and look at what LE saw, there is reason to believe there is more than 1 perpetrator

-Does not look like a drug deal gone bad

-Does not appear to be domestic

-Could they have been blocking the road and someone had road rage? (this kind of goes against the theory that the friends arrived separately)

-Processing items of evidence from different locations

-Analysts working up data, dozens and dozens of investigators on this case

I believe LE is considering that the victims may have been "boxed in" on the road as the vehicles were found facing head to tail. However, I do not believe the Sheriff is discounting their earlier report that DT allegedly arrived first (red GMC) and attacked when the other victims arrived at the scene together in white truck.
MOO

I’m a little confused. In the presser, Sheriff Judd speculates that one possible motive could be simply that the two trucks pulled next to each other and blocked the road for someone else to get by. This certainly doesn’t seem worthy of murder (nothing is, but this idea seems really trivial), but it also goes against the theory that DT arrived first and was already beaten/was the first target. And how do they know that DT arrived first? Just thinking aloud.

The victim who was able to speak with his father must have given that information.

So, was DT's vehicle facing a direction that leaves the area- and would that mean he was attempting to "get away"?

Unless he came from that direction, it looks like he had time to turn the truck around and face back out, like he was expecting somebody. It’s also possible that Mr Rollins knew that DT was already supposed to be there, maybe he knew of their plans? Did the son leave his parents home to go to the lake?

There are two poker games being played. One with the reward money and the other with the evidence. The Presser has holes because this
information is viewed by everyone. So you have to look through the holes to see the truth.

There is no perfect crime so now its up to the detectives to find the forgotten or dropped clue.

Either the Sheriff is going to get a full house from the draw (detectives) or the flop (reward call).....either way he is going to get it.......

Son may have had a passcode on his phone, that Dad didn't know.
Sheriff stated in the press conference today that even LE had a difficult time finding the phone after they arrived and were processing the scene and it was likely that the dad was so distraught he probably couldn't have found it.

Would've been faster to drive to somewhere he knew.

Unless he came from that direction, it looks like he had time to turn the truck around and face back out, like he was expecting somebody. It’s also possible that Mr Rollins knew that DT was already supposed to be there, maybe he knew of their plans? Did the son leave his parents home to go to the lake?

I'm not sure how much plans had been talked about prior to the murders, but as I understand it- somehow the Sheriff has information that the other two came upon the scene as the first one there was being attacked- so that information would have to come from the victim who was still alive when the father arrived.

Sometimes they scramble up the information in order to identify true information.......

Some people read what is in the media and call in a tip. If they repeat a false narrative placed in the Presser then the detective knows its not
credible information. If they get a call and the false narrative is corrected then they know it is credible information.

Does anyone know if the victims were all found on or very near the road? Were they all out of their vehicles and were all beaten as well as shot?
If I heard correctly, Judd did mention the cars were shot up during today’s presser. I didn’t hear anything about beating today (but I’m really tired so I may have missed it).

Does anyone know if the victims were all found on or very near the road? Were they all out of their vehicles and were all beaten as well as shot?

From a Tampa Bay times article: "All three men suffered upper-body trauma, the Sheriff’s Office said. Though Judd said he doesn’t know whether the men knew whoever killed them, but he said it is unlikely that someone just stumbled onto them at the rural lake."

Three men shot, beaten in Polk County triple homicide

^^^So, they all were beaten and probably followed there. An odd thing in that quote- "Judd said he doesn’t know whether the men knew whoever killed them". If the victim who talked to his father gave information- he should have at least said if HE knew the attackers.

There are two poker games being played. One with the reward money and the other with the evidence. The Presser has holes because this
information is viewed by everyone. So you have to look through the holes to see the truth.

There is no perfect crime so now its up to the detectives to find the forgotten or dropped clue.

Either the Sheriff is going to get a full house from the draw (detectives) or the flop (reward call).....either way he is going to get it.......

I like the way you stated this.

If I heard correctly, Judd did mention the cars were shot up during today’s presser. I didn’t hear anything about beating today (but I’m really tired so I may have missed it).
I disagree -- victims were confirmed shot but no information on the condition of the vehicles or where the victims bodies were located.

Here is an example...............

Lets say there was a crime and the suspect left a dandelion peddle on the table.........In the Presser the Sheriff stated that a flower peddle was
left on the floor.
If the Sheriff Detectives received a call stating a rose peddle was left behind then the investigator know its not credible.
If the Sheriff Detectives received a call stating a dandelion peddle was on the table then the investigator know it is credible information
as it was not released information.

That is why the Presser seems inconsistent to us.

Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 20, 2020

The three friends beaten and shot dead on a night of fishing in Florida were not killed in a drug deal gone bad, police said Monday.

Raising the reward for information to $30,000 Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said: 'We don't seen [see] any obvious signs of a drug deal gone bad. We still don't know why the murder occurred.'

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.

I had thought earlier that the staggered arrival times (Tillman first) was reliable & confirmed, like from LE - is that not true?

There must be so much gossip & so many leads. But the quick reward offer maybe means none of it holds water :( hope this doesn’t turn into one of those cases that seems easy but then inexplicably goes cold & is never brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member