GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Wiley
@KellyWileyNews

This morning Roddie Bryan's attorney filed a memo of law on citizens' arrest. Here's a portion. (Read in full - https://bit.ly/2ZzWLoW) Keep in mind the lead GBI investigator testified Bryan and the McMichaels chased Arbery for several minutes before engaging Travis.
@wjxt4

Sabrina Siddiqui
@SabrinaSiddiqui
The attorney for William Bryan, the third man charged with Ahmaud Arbery’s murder, is objecting to his client being made to wear a mask while appearing from prison via video conference: “In this courtroom, there should not be any political statements being made."

Kelly Wiley
@KellyWileyNews

Odd moment happening in court. Roddie Bryan's attorney is objecting to the Arbery family's civil attorney (@MeritLaw
) wearing a #GeorgeFloyd mask in court. To clarify, he's not actively arguing any case today. The state is. The judge overruled the objection.
@wjxt4

Jamal Andress
@JamalAndress

Odd exchange between the judge and William Bryan's attorney. Bryan filmed the #AhmaudArbery shooting. Bryan's attorney made a motion to require spectators to remove masks or shirts that depict Ahmaud Arbery/George Floyd/BLM etc. Motion is overruled.

Sabrina Siddiqui
@SabrinaSiddiqui

William Bryan, the third man charged with murder in the death of Ahmaud Arbery, also enters a not guilty plea. Investigators have said Bryan not only recorded the video of the shooting, but also helped chase Arbery and trapped him with his vehicle.

Emily Jones
@ejreports

First up: the motion on inflammatory statements. There appears to be an agreement reached. ADA says case files won't be turned over to lawyers for Arbery's family, which apparently was the main concern. Gough is abandoning that motion.

Reuters
@Reuters

The three white men charged with the killing of unarmed jogger Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia plead not guilty https://reut.rs/2Ow5Vws

Emma Ockerman
@EOckerman

During today's arraignment of the three men accused of killing Ahmaud Arbery, William "Roddie" Bryan's attorney objected to @MeritLaw
's mask, which read "George Floyd." Objection overruled.

@KellyWileyNews
A big development inside the courtroom about Roddie Bryan. Per the Cobb County assistant district attorney, "I can confirm as of yesterday the GBI opened an additional parallel investigation into sex crimes that stemmed from this."
@wjxt4

GA Bureau of Investigation
@GBI_GA

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020, the Glynn County Police Department requested that the GBI initiate a sex crimes investigation based on allegations made against William “Roddie” Bryan, Jr. The investigation is active and ongoing.

@KellyWileyNews
A big development inside the courtroom about Roddie Bryan. Per the Cobb County assistant district attorney, "I can confirm as of yesterday the GBI opened an additional parallel investigation into sex crimes that stemmed from this."
@wjxt4

GA Bureau of Investigation
@GBI_GA

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020, the Glynn County Police Department requested that the GBI initiate a sex crimes investigation based on allegations made against William “Roddie” Bryan, Jr. The investigation is active and ongoing.

"an additional parallel investigation into sex crimes that stemmed from this" What in the world does that mean?

"an additional parallel investigation into sex crimes that stemmed from this" What in the world does that mean?

hmmmm, I wonder if this stems at all from the phone records he and his attorney threw such a hizzy about having to turn over to LEOs upon their subpoena for same? Something sexual they didn't want out there but now it is because - Subpoena wasn't as limited as Roddie and his counsel wanted it to be?

I am super curious to know what this parallel sex crime bit is all about.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

Anyone reading here have access to Glynn County? Was just wondering when the hearing for everyone will be? I noticed none of tweeters posted one....

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. (WTOC) - During a bond hearing Friday, new details emerged about allegations of racist text messages and sex crimes made against defendant William “Roddie” Bryan

[snip]

Friday, prosecutors told the judge they have text messages from Bryan's phone that show a string of racist remarks he sent in the past. The prosecutors brought up the new evidence to explain why Bryan is a flight risk.

“And they are replete with racist and bigot remarks and communications, which goes directly to the risk of flight and concern that this defendant might pose a risk once the Department of Justice has time to digest this,” prosecutor Jesse Evans said.

The prosecutor then revealed a second investigation that's now pending against Bryan.

GBI investigating sex crime allegations made against a suspect in the Ahmaud Arbery case

I want to juxtapose this newest information against some of Mr. Bryan's original statements to the press regarding the shooting:

“I am not feeling safe at all … I haven’t felt safe in at least 3-to-5 days now,” Bryan said. “Like Amy (Bryan’s fiancee) has said, the threats have been real.”

[snip]

“I had nothing to do with it. I’m trying to get my life back to normal, and it’s been smeared for the last week,” Bryan said. “I was told I was a witness and I’m not sure what I am, other than receiving a bunch of threats.”

[snip]

“I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t scared. If that’s what they wanted to do was scare me, they’ve scared me,” Bryan said.

[snip]

“Yes I am very, very sorry for your loss. I don’t know what else to say. There’s nothing else I can say. I am very sorry for your loss,” he said.

Ahmaud Arbery case: GBI has lie detector test results for William Bryan, attorney says

LANTA — One of the white men charged with murder in the slaying of Ahmaud Arbery while he was running in a neighborhood near Georgia's coast struck the Black man with his vehicle and had messages on his phone that were "replete" with racist remarks, a prosecutor said in court Friday.

Cobb County prosecutor Jesse Evans cited the evidence to urge a judge to deny bond to defendant William "Roddie" Bryan Jr. Evans also said Bryan and the two other defendants in the case communicated with each other after Arbery's death, appearing to be "circling the wagons," and that Bryan was facing a separate state criminal investigation into possible sex crimes.

Arbery slaying defendant facing separate state investigation

@tlcya - in the article above - I can't access - must subscribe - is there any court dates in it?

Thanks! :)

@tlcya - in the article above - I can't access - must subscribe - is there any court dates in it?

Thanks! :)

I can help, I'll look:

Bryan’s attorney expects the GBI to give him more information this week on whether Bryan will remain under investigation.
Ahmaud Arbery case: GBI has lie detector test results for William Bryan, attorney says

No trial date has been set yet, in part due to COVID-19 restrictions. The judge said when they can move forward, they will.
Three suspects in Ahmaud Arbery murder case plead not guilty in court Friday, no bond set for any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23