Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

I found this info in a comment on facebook, apparently from one of Valerie’s sisters. It was only made 4 hours ago:

“Valerie was here birth name just the last name changed. 3x's. She was adopted 2times. First couple were older and pasted away and then was adopted by the Mack family. She is from a sibling of 5 actually. Me 2 more girls a boy the her.The first 4 supposedly have same father she has different father. Only me and next oldest sister are still alive.”

It’s so sad Valerie and basically her entire family are dead at this point. She wears the pain of her short life in her mugshots. For years I constantly looked for updates on the Jane Doe she was once known as. Constantly checking NamUs. I’ve been following the LISK case since the GB4 were found. This case has haunted me since they were first found. I’m a lifelong Long Islander and it’s harrowing to think that while my friends and I enjoyed our time at Gilgo Beach, those poor girls were rotting only a few hundred feet away.

Re Jessrs and Coldcaser’s posts above. I’m pretty sure those FB posts are hoaxers. Does anyone else remember in the interval between the police saying they’d id’s JD#6 and VM’s name being released, a hoaxer claimed JD6 was Malorie Fulton?

This supposed 1/2 sister has the name Fulton, but she also says that Valerie was a birth name which was never changed from birth. So it makes zero sense that someone who knew she was called Valerie from birth to link with the ‘Malorie Fulton’ hoax name. The person posting this stuff is a blatant hoaxer and not credible.

The sister of VM that I found is almost 100% sure a genuine relations of Valerie’s. There is a picture with a young Valerie on her page which has never been published elsewhere. All her 3 siblings are in that picture too, Valerie is obviously the eldest. If you look at electoral records it’s fairly easy to find Valerie registered and also her adoptive Mack parents. Her adoptive Mack grandfather’s obituary from 2005 is up still. That names 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. Both the girls are still alive and in close contact, there’s no way one of them would think the other was dead. The boy, nor so obviously regularly involved, but still alive and in contact. He seems to have quite an affluent lifestyle.

Valerie’s birth family have no links to Long Island that I can find either. I just don’t believe that is genuinely the sister. Her FB feels very off. But aside from that, the Mack family, they have indisputable links. The photo of young Valerie, electoral records, the details in the obituary. It’s got to be her, no link to the person claiming.

Sally, I found those records of the adoptive parents and know who you mean. You have the right adoptive parents. But I believe the supposed half sisters are indeed the half sisters. If you search Google for a legal case F vs F, you'll see why I think they're telling the truth. The children aren't named in the case, but the ages match up with what the bio half sister has been stating.

I think the Malorie error was a mistake on the bio half sister's daughter's part. She is the one who first posted "Malorie Fulton" as the birth name of Valerie Mack. I think either she misheard her mother or mistyped. I believe she meant to say Valerie F.

Re Jessrs and Coldcaser’s posts above. I’m pretty sure those FB posts are hoaxers. Does anyone else remember in the interval between the police saying they’d id’s JD#6 and VM’s name being released, a hoaxer claimed JD6 was Malorie Fulton?

This supposed 1/2 sister has the name Fulton, but she also says that Valerie was a birth name which was never changed from birth. So it makes zero sense that someone who knew she was called Valerie from birth to link with the ‘Malorie Fulton’ hoax name. The person posting this stuff is a blatant hoaxer and not credible.

The sister of VM that I found is almost 100% sure a genuine relations of Valerie’s. There is a picture with a young Valerie on her page which has never been published elsewhere. All her 3 siblings are in that picture too, Valerie is obviously the eldest. If you look at electoral records it’s fairly easy to find Valerie registered and also her adoptive Mack parents. Her adoptive Mack grandfather’s obituary from 2005 is up still. That names 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. Both the girls are still alive and in close contact, there’s no way one of them would think the other was dead. The boy, nor so obviously regularly involved, but still alive and in contact. He seems to have quite an affluent lifestyle.

Valerie’s birth family have no links to Long Island that I can find either. I just don’t believe that is genuinely the sister. Her FB feels very off. But aside from that, the Mack family, they have indisputable links. The photo of young Valerie, electoral records, the details in the obituary. It’s got to be her, no link to the person claiming.

I’d be pretty disappointed if that’s true that poster is lying.

The early reports of Valerie being named Malorie Fulton come from Jennifer Slate. They’re mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. Malorie is such a close name to Valerie that could be where the confusion was. Also let’s remember her being named Malorie was a rumor. I think the interval between the Malorie rumor was about a week. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but earlier in this thread someone said the birth mother’s initials were PF. Seems plausible to me that the F is for Fulton. And if it is, I don’t think this person is lying. I think there was just confusion with the rumor her name was Malorie and the fact it was actually Valerie.

I know the photo you’re talking about. That was posted by a relative of the Mack’s (I’m trying to tread carefully, not mentioning full names here). So that would make Valerie completely unrelated by blood to who posted the photo and everyone else in the photo. It’s clear she is the oldest one in the photo, but again, that was posted by someone not related by blood. Again, the Mack’s adopted her, so how many adoptive siblings she had would be irrelevant to how many Valerie had by actual blood relation.

I’m not sure what it matters if Valerie’s biological family had any connection to LI. Valerie was murdered and found there, that should be connection enough.

I’m not sure what you mean by her Facebook seeming “off”. I’ve done quite a bit of digging through what’s public, and have found no reason to not believe this person. It doesn’t really matter that we have indisputable links between the Mack’s and Valerie— we already know what that connection is. It makes sense they’d have records of her and photos of her.

The sister of VM that I found is almost 100% sure a genuine relations of Valerie’s. There is a picture with a young Valerie on her page which has never been published elsewhere. All her 3 siblings are in that picture too, Valerie is obviously the eldest.

Sallyla, Pretty sure the younger children you saw in that photo on FB were the adoptive siblings, not her bio siblings.

Bio sibs were separated from Valerie, as she was adopted out as a baby and I *think* they may have remained together growing up (not 100% on that though).
They knew of her, but did not know of her whereabouts (the adoption would have been a different type of placement, and a sealed record).

Last edited:
Fabra is correct.

Per the legal case, the eldest two bio children had aged out of the system, the third was in foster care and the youngest child (Valerie, presumably) had been adopted in 1979.

Fabra is correct.

Per the legal case, the eldest two bio children had aged out of the system, the third was in foster care and the youngest child (Valerie, presumably) had been adopted in 1979.
I have a question you might know the answer to. What year was Valerie born? I’ve heard both 1971 and 1976.

Plus I think I read that when her identity was announced officially, they said she was 24 when she died.

"After processing and evaluating the newly gained DNA samples against the known DNA of MANORVILLE JANE DOE, a positive identification was confirmed and we are revealing the true identity of MANORVILLE JANE DOE to be that of VALERIE MACK, born 07-02-76 whose last known address was in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area."

Valerie Mack Additional Info

I know this sounds like splitting hairs, but if they had her as 24 years old and her birthday was 7/2/76, does that mean that they know she was alive up through her birthday of that summer (2000)?

I've only seen a vague timeline of spring/summer 2000 as her last known contact, but saying she was 24 really narrows things down to July 2 and after.

Or, could it be just a guess on LE's part? Would they do that?

"After processing and evaluating the newly gained DNA samples against the known DNA of MANORVILLE JANE DOE, a positive identification was confirmed and we are revealing the true identity of MANORVILLE JANE DOE to be that of VALERIE MACK, born 07-02-76 whose last known address was in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area."

Valerie Mack Additional Info

I know this sounds like splitting hairs, but if they had her as 24 years old and her birthday was 7/2/76, does that mean that they know she was alive up through her birthday of that summer (2000)?

I've only seen a vague timeline of spring/summer 2000 as her last known contact, but saying she was 24 really narrows things down to July 2 and after.

Or, could it be just a guess on LE's part? Would they do that?
They probably approximated the post mortem interval when she was autopsied and were able to approximate when she died. Which I guess would put her date of death after July 2nd.

I saw a post dated March 3, 2020, from who I believe to be Valerie’s sister, saying the FBI confirmed 100% through DNA that Jane Doe’s remains are those of Valerie Mack. Why would investigators withhold that info until the end of May?

It looks like some of us have seen the same social media comments and yes, the half-sisters are very real. I can’t lie, I looked at some of their photos and saw strong similarities, especially in older photos.

Though the sisters didn’t know Valerie in life, their love for her is obvious and it’s another reminder of the heartbreaking ripple effect of LISK’s actions. With each new identification, his reach becomes broader than we could have ever imagined and there’s still a handful of Does to be named.

I try not to get bogged down in speculation because I don’t want to lose sight of the known facts. That, and I’m aware that families read our comments and I would hate to say something that added to their pain. That’s not to say anyone here is doing that, that’s just how I participate in discussions.

I remember reading Lost Girls and seeing the faces and stories behind the names; each page was a reminder that actual, real people suffered and continue to suffer because of LISK. This is why we have to keep the case moving. I can’t explain it but I feel like it’s slowly but surely finally moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thank you Fabra.

I’m still not convinced.

Elsewhere on the FB someone who knew the family said that they had adopted all the children. The ages aren’t right either. The couple separated in 1972, Valerie was born well after that.

The dates are all wrong. There’s nothing in the judgement that relates to Valerie except for 4 children. The names of her siblings and parents in the Mack home are on official records. They have pics of Valerie on their wall

Reports also say it was her aunt bio aunt who was found via the DNA and she led to her adoptive family and son (so presumably the son was still with the adoptive family). There’s no mention of any half sisters.

Official reports also say she was orphaned as a young child which doesn’t fit with this account.

Correct me if I’m missing something but I really can’t see credible links, just ghoulishness.

Sally, I think we're actually both right. I saw a post on the Valerie memorial FB page by her half sister which sounds like the 4 children referenced in the court case do not include Valerie. She was the child of a different father and therefore her birth name was probably not Fulton. The 4 siblings in the court case are 3 girls and 1 boy. The girls' initials are T, S, and D. I do not know the boy's name.

Thank you Fabra.

I’m still not convinced.

Elsewhere on the FB someone who knew the family said that they had adopted all the children. The ages aren’t right either. The couple separated in 1972, Valerie was born well after that.

The dates are all wrong. There’s nothing in the judgement that relates to Valerie except for 4 children. The names of her siblings and parents in the Mack home are on official records. They have pics of Valerie on their wall

Reports also say it was her aunt bio aunt who was found via the DNA and she led to her adoptive family and son (so presumably the son was still with the adoptive family). There’s no mention of any half sisters.

Official reports also say she was orphaned as a young child which doesn’t fit with this account.

Correct me if I’m missing something but I really can’t see credible links, just ghoulishness.

Sally, I think we're actually both right. I saw a post on the Valerie memorial FB page by her half sister which sounds like the 4 children referenced in the court case do not include Valerie. She was the child of a different father and therefore her birth name was probably not Fulton. The 4 siblings in the court case are 3 girls and 1 boy. The girls' initials are T, S, and D. I do not know the boy's name.
This is correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back