NC NC- Joshua Hamm, 46, told wife he had to "go fast and pray", Wilmington, 26 Aug 2018

aThousandYearsWide

Reaction score
Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP54423 Joshua D Hamm, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact August 26, 2018
Missing From Wilmington, North Carolina

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age 46 Years
Current Age 47 Years
First Name Joshua
Middle Name D
Last Name Hamm
Nickname/Alias--

Sex Male
Height 5' 8" (68 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact August 26, 2018
NamUs Case Created January 4, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Wilmington, North Carolina 28405
County New Hanover County
Missing From Tribal Land No

Primary Residence on Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Disappearance
MP told wife that he needed to "go fast and pray". Wife last saw him at the convenience store located at 808 N. College Rd. walking west on I-40 away from Wilmington, NC. MP has gone missing in the past and stayed missing for approximately 3-4 years before being found.
Physical Description
Hair Color Unknown
Head Hair Description Bald
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description Unknown
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Last seen wearing a blue t-shirt, tan cargo shorts, and blue and orange Brooks tennis shoes
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

hopefully he's just hiding out, doing his own thing again...mental illness maybe? or some unconventional religious beliefs?
He looks weirdly similar to a man who was found 6 days later in Georgia, which sounds like either a strange suicide or complicated murder. This man was also wearing a blue t-shirt and tan shorts (as was Josh). Some big problems with this possibility though, this UID was 90lbs heavier than Josh was reported as, and seemed to have sparse greyish hair w/ male pattern balding. Question; I know its only a chest-up photo but I think Joshua looks a little heavyset, is 160lbs correct or from old med records? And Joshua looks ''purposefully bald'' i.e. he shaves the hair he has left, did he have a bit of hair growth when he left?
Original

hopefully he's just hiding out, doing his own thing again...mental illness maybe? or some unconventional religious beliefs?
He looks weirdly similar to a man who was found 6 days later in Georgia, which sounds like either a strange suicide or complicated murder. This man was also wearing a blue t-shirt and tan shorts (as was Josh). Some big problems with this possibility though, this UID was 90lbs heavier than Josh was reported as, and seemed to have sparse greyish hair w/ male pattern balding. Question; I know its only a chest-up photo but I think Joshua looks a little heavyset, is 160lbs correct or from old med records? And Joshua looks ''purposefully bald'' i.e. he shaves the hair he has left, did he have a bit of hair growth when he left?
Original
I believe the weight given in this uid case could be inflated due to waterlogging. It says the weight was actually measured as opposed to estimated. I don't know how much they dried him out before they took a weight.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please welcome new member @itsme-dee to this discussion as a verified family member of Joshua's. They haven't posted yet but will be doing so shortly.

As a verified member, itsme-dee is not required to provide links to what they state as fact about their knowledge of Joshua's case. In all other respects, they are required to post in accordance with Websleuths TOS. Please treat our verified member with respect at all times, and if there is something you don't agree with, do not argue with them or badger them for information they may not be willing or able to share for whatever reason.

Thank you to everyone who is here to help find out what has happened to Joshua. It's been a long time and hopefully there can be some resolution for those who care deeply about him and where he may have gone.

"MP has gone missing in the past and stayed missing for approximately 3-4 years before being found."

??!
Update, missing persons Joshua Hamm went missing 2002 and was missing for 2.5 years. On his own, he made it back home to his home town located in Maryland. Something else I wanted to point out is that he shaved his head due to his receding hairline. Now that he has been missing for approximately 5yrs 3months now his hair could have grown out and he could have facial hair. I will post some pictures

Update, missing persons Joshua Hamm went missing 2002 and was missing for 2.5 years. On his own, he made it back home to his home town located in Maryland. Something else I wanted to point out is that he shaved his head due to his receding hairline. Now that he has been missing for approximately 5yrs 3months now his hair could have grown out and he could have facial hair. I will post some pictures
I also wanted to mention that he had no cell phone and I believe he didn’t have any money. He left everything behind. I know from the past incidence he had stopped at shelters and soup kitchens. That is how we found him. By the Grace of God we were ahead of him on his walk and we (family) stopped at a shelter on the border of California and Arizona. He started his walk from Compton in LA to Maryland it took him a little over a year.

March 6, 2024: I Reached out to Appalachian Trail National Park Services and gave them the police report from Wilmington, NC. They will share this information with law enforcement officers at the National Park Services.

I also wanted to mention that he had no cell phone and I believe he didn’t have any money. He left everything behind. I know from the past incidence he had stopped at shelters and soup kitchens. That is how we found him. By the Grace of God we were ahead of him on his walk and we (family) stopped at a shelter on the border of California and Arizona. He started his walk from Compton in LA to Maryland it took him a little over a year.

March 6, 2024: I Reached out to Appalachian Trail National Park Services and gave them the police report from Wilmington, NC. They will share this information with law enforcement officers at the National Park Services.

I should have mention that when he went missing the first time he traveled through parks. We had visuals from local police that he was seen in Joshua Tree back in 2018.

Original
does this man have his own thread? that's a beautiful drawing

I should have mention that when he went missing the first time he traveled through parks. We had visuals from local police that he was seen in Joshua Tree back in 2018.
It is a bit weird that I - not even kidding - had a post typed up here wondering if you've checked national parks in Utah and California, before I saw your post.

Welcome to WS. I am sorry it's under these circumstances.

We have a great section of the website of "what to do when someone goes missing" but I feel like this case is a bit different and may require some thinking outside the box to locate your Joshua.

is there a way to send a comprehensive missing poster to the national park service and somehow get them invested in putting up posters in their offices?? i will try to come up with more ideas.

joshua sounds like a very interesting soul who marches to the beat of his own drum.

is there a way to send a comprehensive missing poster to the national park service and somehow get them invested in putting up posters in their offices?? i will try to come up with more ideas.

joshua sounds like a very interesting soul who marches to the beat of his own drum.
Hi, yes, I sent a missing person flyer from Wilmington NC with police contact info. I also sent a picture of Josh with scruffy facial hair. Depending on his condition, he could also be much thinner. When he returned home the first time he was very lean, but overall in good health.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back