FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T.J. was one bad dude. For all his past crimes, he should have never been out, free to roam the streets, in the first place. Sadly, this doesn't seem to fit the criteria for a death penalty case...but this guy is going to be put away now for the rest of his life.

Frightening to think people like this are living amongst us...but they are. At least this time, one is going to be put away for a long time. I cannot imagine a scenario where he is not convicted, based on what was presented at this press conference.

I'm not American so I don't know what the criteria are for a DP. It seems like this was a pretty heinous crime. Three dead because of a car engine? That's egregious.

https://people.com/crime/suspects-arrest-fla-fishing-trip-murders/

a few details in this story

Before Damion [Tillman] shows up, he decides to buy a Mountain Dew," says Judd. "He goes into the store and as he is standing in line to leave, TJ walks up behind him. Behind him is his brother Robert, and Mary is also in the store. TJ and Damion are having a conversation and it is not animated at all.”

Judd says Tillman at one point told the store clerk he was going fishing with Springfield at Lake Streety.

Snipped and BBM

I do NOT agree with the above. Not saying that it was overly animated.

However, at 1:17 it appears like Damion is exasperated and shaking his head like, "nah"

That is when TJ started throwing up his arms, etc...and you can see it looks like that ended at 1:29

In my opinion, it got real at at 1:34. They're no longer talking and you can see the expression on the body of TJ change. The part that stands out the most is at 1:37 with TJ cracking his neck side to side basically telling himself, "alright, let's go"

Growing up in a rural town, this looked like the mannerisms I've seen when someone wants to keep something going. However, those turned into fights and not triple murder

This is just my opinion and quite frankly looked similar to situations I've seen countless times at gas stations, etc...

I think the brother will work with the police as he doesn't have many options.

I'd put money there was some comment from TJ in regards to Kevin being out there between 1:02-1:29 and I'll stick with my 1:37 number as the time I think TJ knew it wasn't over

We'll see I guess.

Snipped and BBM

However, at 1:17 it appears like Damion is exasperated and shaking his head like, "nah"

That is when TJ started throwing up his arms, etc...and you can see it looks like that ended at 1:29

In my opinion, it got real at at 1:34. They're no longer talking and you can see the expression on the body of TJ change. The part that stands out the most is at 1:37 with TJ cracking his neck side to side basically telling himself, "alright, let's go"

Growing up in a rural town, this looked like the mannerisms I've seen when someone wants to keep something going. However, those turned into fights and not triple murder

This is just my opinion and quite frankly looked similar to situations I've seen countless times at gas stations, etc...

I'd put money there was some comment from TJ in regards to Kevin being out there between 1:02-1:29 and I'll stick with my 1:37 number as the time I think TJ knew it wasn't over

We'll see I guess.
I also think the latter part of that exchange appeared odd, took a different turn. The throwing up of arms, the head movements, and what looked to me like bringing up a cigarette to his mouth a few times, as though he really needed to smoke....to me displayed uncontrolled impatience, and I even got the impression he might be on something.

Last edited:
Wow. I fear Frostproof May have to lay off some police officers with these people off the street for a lack of work for them to do. The sheriff was right when he was talking about how mean Wiggins can be. The incident of him hitting and choking another girl should have put him up for a while. It’s the same crap here in SC, they seem to treat domestic violence with velvet gloves.

The lack of follow through in Judd’s jurisdiction is well-known. For a while prostitution busts were a big thing, where he’d put all the mugshots out and so on. Of over 1,000 arrests, only one was prosecuted.

That county has a problem in the justice system somewhere.

I doubt it will be an issue in the prosecution of this case but it may give some background as to why TJ had so many charges and was still free.

Snipped and BBM

We'll see I guess.
I agree. I noticed the neck crack too & thought TJ “puffed up” a bit during the convo- presumably at mention of Keven. I thought Damion looked relaxed & unbothered though.

Well I used to live in Florida, not far from Orlando, and from my experience, there is a lot of drug use in rural areas which, we all know, can make a benign situation and turn it deadly. So even if it looks like a personal / rage motive, it could also be true that the perp is just highly intoxicated.

I agree. I noticed the neck crack too & thought TJ “puffed up” a bit during the convo- presumably at mention of Keven. I thought Damion looked relaxed & unbothered though.

I kind of agree about the mannerisms of TJ but Damion did look at ease as he paid for his items. This guy was angry with KS so that may well be TJ blowing up. I’m sure the clerk there heard what was said.

Well I used to live in Florida, not far from Orlando, and from my experience, there is a lot of drug use in rural areas which, we all know, can make a benign situation and turn it deadly. So even if it looks like a personal / rage motive, it could also be true that the perp is just highly intoxicated.

I think someone nailed it in an earlier post about TJ having a total lack of impulse control. His record shows that clearly.

There is A LOT of drug use in most cities also.We had this discussion earlier in the thread about stereotyping rural Southern areas. Sheriff Judd did say in the presser that the area is low crime and safe and that the victims had no drugs or alcohol in their vehicles. Not saying the perp was not on drugs but that does not mean this rural area or other rural areas in Florida have a lot of drug use. I am originally from Orlando and the surrounding rural areas.

I also think the latter part of that exchange appeared odd, took a different turn. The throwing up of arms, the head movements, and what looked to me like bringing up a cigarette to his mouth a few times, as though he really needed to smoke....to me displayed uncontrolled impatience, and I even got the impression he might be on something.
I agree, the neck popping at the end is an I'm pizzed motion, JMO. I'll bet TJ said something to DT about Keven and DT blew him off.

Keven was a mechanic right? He likely had nothing to do with whatever TJ was going off about, maybe just an association with a shop.

Snipped and BBM

We'll see I guess.

Where is a video with the timestamps of 1:17, 1:29, 1:34 etc which you are describing? I don't see any video at this people magazine link above you are referring to? I'm new to this thread and just swimming upstream, but I assume it's a video at Dollar General? If someone has handy that can repost as not in this above post as a link.. TIA

ETA: found it upthread on page 29 https://twitter.com/PolkCoSheriff/status/1286000871566966784?s=19

Last edited:
He was just a baby...this crime just makes me sick.
IMO

Yes, this one again hits the core. It's so incomprehensible how one can get ready for a fun night catfishing with friends and be brutally murdered 10 minutes later. He did nothing to set this maniac and his entourage off. And yes... he was just a baby... planning to fish with his buddies on a Friday night. It feels so wrong, unfair, painfully sad...

RSBM I doubt it will be an issue in the prosecution of this case but it may give some background as to why TJ had so many charges and was still free.

That's what is sticking out to me, is how in the heck can someone even rack up that many felonies? Really, it's unfathomable. And wonder why the presser didn't even go into such as LE must be pizzed about such, or... ? . It's not like he was the son of a rich guy with LE and judicial connections?

I hope there will be (or has there been yet) as really investigative report on such! That will be a definite read.

ETA: I'm thinking like @VaBorn, Did he have the same LAWYER or judge or ?? for all those cases that he got off of? Hmmmm. There just seems to be more of a story that an investigative journalist could really get into on this # of felony charges being dismissed and him out on the streets MOO

Last edited:
That's what is sticking out to me, is how in the heck can someone even rack up that many felonies? Really, it's unfathomable.

I hope there will be (or has there been yet) as really investigative report on such! That will be a definite read.
I wonder if it’s something like ‘he was found with 70 stolen car parts so charged with 70 offenses‘ type of thing.

I’ve run a lot of background checks and the most arrests I’d ever seen was 70, and this fellow was well into his 60s.

Maybe it’s knowing how this ends but I think Mw and Jt walk out of DG the first time when they don’t see Damion inside. Mw walks in like she’s looking for someone and seems confused as she follows Jt out. Damion looks relaxed before the neck cracking but Jt seems wired from the start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member