IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

So today’s the day DH is executed. Anybody know what time?
Dustin Honken, Iowa meth kingpin, to be executed in federal death penalty case

I see they mention the country club in the article. That’s the same country club that JH played in the golf tournament at the night before she disappeared.

(snipped)
A few weeks later, Johnson met DeGeus, who she dated before Honken, at a country club, saying she wanted to get back together

Last edited:
Excerpt from Dustin Honken's Web journal on Death Row Speaks:
August 3, 2006
I just got back from my visit with my kids. It would be impossible for me to explain the melancholy I feel. I visited with them, my mother, and my sister the last couple of days. The whole while I was talking with my kids I felt this great crushing weight of despair upon me for failing them so. I was so utterly disgusted with myself this morning for being such a failure that it took every single ounce of my will just to move. I am so sick with myself for letting them down that I wish myself non-existent.
I can't think of no other point in my life where I have been so troubled as I have been over this past month. A tide of contempt for myself has assailed me for many days now. I have realized my unrivaled genius for throwing my life away, perhaps it is the only thing I have ever been good at. I do not write for pity, I write to shame what is left of myself. With every fiber, I have wished to start anew, to turn right instead of left. But the past is immutable and madness counts those that dwell too long there. I can say with the utter sincerity of a broken and humbled man that I deeply regret every single transgression I have ever done in my life no matter how small. When those people finally get around to killing me they'll realize only the shell of me remains, the heart of me died long ago.

It would seem that Dustin Honken wished to remain among the living, since his legal team tried to fight off execution on his behalf. So, if he wished to live, and if he knew where Jodi's remains were, why wouldn't he have tried to make a deal - the family get's Jodi's remains, Honken gets to live?

Did he try to make a deal, with no luck?

Or did he have nothing to do with and no knowledge of Jodi's abduction and presumed death?

Be interesting to now hear what Steve Ridge has to say...

New information from two Iowa killers could solve multiple cold cases

Last edited:
Yeah...the "wonderful" state of California....744 disgusting murderers on death row and not a single execution since 2006...ridiculous...
And they also dismantled the execution chamber...:rolleyes:

I agree, it is ridiculous. What's the point of having a death sentence or death row if this is how it is. :rolleyes:

Very lengthy.
July 18 2020
Jodi Huisentruit mystery: The decades-long search for the missing TV news anchor
''Produced by Clare Friedland, Ruth Chenetz and Chris Young Ritzen

[This story previously aired on June 1, 2019. It was updated on July 18, 2020.]

Jodi Huisentruit was an anchor at KIMT-TV, the CBS affiliate in Mason City, Iowa. Her star was on the rise when she disappeared on her way to work on June 27, 1995.

When she didn't arrive at the television station for her morning assignment, concerned co-workers alerted police. Outside her apartment building, police found signs of a struggle – particularly around her car, which was still in the parking lot. She was never seen again. Her body was never found, and what happened to her is a mystery.

"We have never closed the case," Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkley tells CBS News chief investigative and senior national correspondent Jim Axelrod. "It's never been a cold case for us. It's been an active investigation since it happened."

''Caroline Lowe: We're not giving up. FindJodi's not gonna go away … I am staying on this until we find Jodi.

Caroline Lowe: Somebody knows something. Is it you?

FINDJODI
Are you the someone who can crack the case?

Please call the Mason City Police Department at 641-421-3636

For more on the case listen to the FindJodi podcast.''

It has been 25 years since Huisentruit was last seen.

"I'm not ready to quit yet," Brinkley says.

Axelrod reveals new information about the case and explores multiple leads and theories''

July 20 2020
ONLY ON KTTC: Honken’s accomplice speaks on Huisentruit case – KTTC
''WASECA, Minn. (KTTC) -- Former Iowa drug kingpin was executed on Friday July 17 for killing a drug dealer who testified against him, the man's girlfriend and her two daughters - ages ten and four in 19-93. Some people believe he took key information about Jodi Huisentruit's disappearance.

To try and find out more, KTTC reached out to Honken's accomplice - Angela Johnson. Johnson is in prison for her role in the murders. Johnson wrote a letter in response to KTTC, claiming she believes Honken did not know anything about Huisentruit's case.''
johnson-letter-2-1.png

page-31
Very lengthy.
July 18 2020
Jodi Huisentruit mystery: The decades-long search for the missing TV news anchor
''Produced by Clare Friedland, Ruth Chenetz and Chris Young Ritzen

[This story previously aired on June 1, 2019. It was updated on July 18, 2020.]

Jodi Huisentruit was an anchor at KIMT-TV, the CBS affiliate in Mason City, Iowa. Her star was on the rise when she disappeared on her way to work on June 27, 1995.

When she didn't arrive at the television station for her morning assignment, concerned co-workers alerted police. Outside her apartment building, police found signs of a struggle – particularly around her car, which was still in the parking lot. She was never seen again. Her body was never found, and what happened to her is a mystery.

"We have never closed the case," Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkley tells CBS News chief investigative and senior national correspondent Jim Axelrod. "It's never been a cold case for us. It's been an active investigation since it happened."

''Caroline Lowe: We're not giving up. FindJodi's not gonna go away … I am staying on this until we find Jodi.

Caroline Lowe: Somebody knows something. Is it you?

FINDJODI
Are you the someone who can crack the case?

Please call the Mason City Police Department at 641-421-3636

For more on the case listen to the FindJodi podcast.''

It has been 25 years since Huisentruit was last seen.

"I'm not ready to quit yet," Brinkley says.

Axelrod reveals new information about the case and explores multiple leads and theories''
Frustrating - the detective with MCPD says 'I think we're very close' but also that as to resolution of case 'it's not fast'.

I'd be curious to hear what he has to say about the apparent wounds visible on one of JV's hands in video made by media around 11 days after Jodi disappeared.
jv1995-1-png.162270

Jodi was apparently subjected to a violent abduction. As such, any potential suspect showing wounds would be a big deal. Did cops notice those apparent wounds when they interviewed JV in the days after Jodi disappeared? Did they ask him about the wounds? Did JV gal friend who is interviewed in the linked 48 Hours piece and with whom he went for a walk that morn just 2 hours after Jodi was abducted notice any hand wounds? Did Jodi's sister notice any wounds when she sat down with JV at a diner? Did Ani Kruse, who was with JV in his boat when the video showing the apparent hand wounds was recorded, notice any wounds? Of course, any seeming wounds could certainly be attributable to any number of things completely unrelated to the case. Just wondering if MCPD noted it at the time. If asked, would their response be the usual, 25 years running 'no comment'?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p