CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #5

So how will society stop future Golden State Killers? No answers? Do we just wait for the next one(s) to pop up and hope we catch them after they've killed more victims?

I think we need far harsher punishments.

So how will society stop future Golden State Killers? No answers? Do we just wait for the next one(s) to pop up and hope we catch them after they've killed more victims?

Death is too good for this manster, every little bit of data that can be squeezed out of him should be- in order to learn more about, and to help prevent this type of aberrant human from running amok ever again . Take sex assaults and domestic violence seriously!
imo. rbbm.
Riggs Report: Why no death penalty for the Golden State Killer
rbbm.
''The monstrous nature of the crime spree raised expectations that it would be a death penalty case. "But it wasn’t an option," Schubert said -- not because of the moratorium, but because of the age of the case.

Prosecutors chose to pursue a plea arrangement, she said, because it provided a more timely resolution as opposed to a lengthy trial. That was significant, given that these crimes stretch back more than four decades.

“The most compelling reason was to provide finality for all the victims and their families,” Schubert said. “As Mr. Totten (Ventura County’s district attorney) said, ‘Mr. DeAngelo will die in prison as a convict, not an accused.’”

That calculus included the age of the victims and witnesses, some of whom have already passed away, and the pending delays and complications posed by the coronavirus pandemic.

The admitted serial killer is expected to be sentenced to life in prison when he returns to court next month, but the case’s legacy doesn’t end there.

The revolutionary way the case was cracked is having an impact far beyond California. Schubert said that since DeAngelo’s 2018 arrest, nearly 100 other cold cases, most involving murder and rape, have been solved across the country by using the same genetic detective work.

“For cases where a suspect was charged,” Schubert said, “most were individuals who were hiding in plain sight.”''

Last edited:

We can't stop evil, but with the advances in DNA, I would hope that we could catch the person a lot faster and prevent their future attacks.

Well it's impossible to know a killer before they actually commit their first felony crime and either get caught or leave their DNA.

Once that DNA is left, if LE wants to determine who this person is, they can upload the person's DNA profile to one of the public DNA DBs and familial matches can be obtained. Then the genealogy work comes into play, exactly as it would for a cold case.

CeCe Moore, a famous investigative genetic genealogist who has her own series, worked on a 2018 rape case of an elderly woman. She did her magic and narrowed the possible perp down to 4 brothers. One of them was brought into the police station for an interview, he confessed to the rape and is now serving a 6 yr to life sentence.

Is anyone else reading the new book by DeAngelo's brother-in-law that just came out? I highly recommend it as an interesting read.

He does have a comment on the 1981-1986 time period, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to quote it here. Am I correct?

Since he (and I) are local, he does add more information to the timeline as far as locations. I was surprised to see that one of the EAR's presumed prowl/burglary incidents was barely a half of a block from my current house. (Eek!)

Is anyone else reading the new book by DeAngelo's brother-in-law that just came out? I highly recommend it as an interesting read.

He does have a comment on the 1981-1986 time period, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to quote it here. Am I correct?

Since he (and I) are local, he does add more information to the timeline as far as locations. I was surprised to see that one of the EAR's presumed prowl/burglary incidents was barely a half of a block from my current house. (Eek!)
''Golden State Killer’s Brother Recalls Tell-Tale Signs of Danger
•Jun 30, 2020''
Killers Keep Secrets by James Huddle

Open Preview
Killers Keep Secrets
by James Huddle (Goodreads Author)
''In April 2018, the long-unsolved Golden State Killer case burst wide open with the shocking arrest of 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo, a former police officer. But no one was more stunned than the people closest to him: his family.

In this spellbinding firsthand account, Jim Huddle, DeAngelo’s brother-in-law, shares the true story of the man charged with brutal, brazen rapes and murders.''

''To Jim, DeAngelo was his sister’s husband, a man he trusted with his children, a man he thought he knew for 48 years. Walk through Jim’s memories of DeAngelo, from their shared hobbies to red flags in DeAngelo’s behavior that stand out sharply in hindsight. Jim also dispels myths about serial killers, and shares the similarities between DeAngelo and other infamous serial murderers. Find out what it was like to be charmed by a serial killer who escaped justice for over thirty years.''

Someone made a comment elsewhere that they can't wait until someone writes a book detailing all the evidence that was found in his house.

Since there's no trial to present that evidence at, would that even be possible? If one of the detectives wrote the book, could he detail evidence collected but never presented at trial?

Joseph DeAngelo's wife's brother, James Huddle, has written a book to be released on June 30th, called Killers Keep Secrets: The Golden State Killer's Other Life. He talks about things he saw over the years that, looking back, were red flags--if he'd been looking for any.

The book looks like it would be interesting--I've already reserved my copy.

https://www.amazon.com/Killers-Keep..._1_53?dchild=1&qid=1591998037&s=books&sr=1-53

Just checking into this thread and whoa, so many questions I have for you... back to catch up and hopefully you'll give us breadcrumbs. e.g. did they separate in 2001 when it went public that LE was asking for information when they connected EAR to the southern cases and asked the public "do you know anyone who lived in these places these years"....

Someone made a comment elsewhere that they can't wait until someone writes a book detailing all the evidence that was found in his house.

Since there's no trial to present that evidence at, would that even be possible? If one of the detectives wrote the book, could he detail evidence collected but never presented at trial?
Would that fall under the freedom of information act? If there will not be a trial, would the potential evidence then be considered public domain?

I hope somewhere, Michelle and the murder victims of EAR/ONS/GSK are smiling and having a drink together.
Why should they? DeAngelo deserved the death penalty for his crimes not life without parole....
If they're "somewhere" (I don't think so 'cause I'm atheist but it's just my opinion...) they might be outraged not smiling and having a drink...

RBBM

Good grief! An inner personality named "Jerry"??

Sounds like O.J.'s buddy "Charlie" who killed NBS and RG.

JMVHO.
These psychos always try to play the "demon card"....
"Something/somebody was inside me...I had to follow his orders....etcetera...."
Ridiculous baloney :rolleyes:

Why should they? DeAngelo deserved the death penalty for his crimes not life without parole....
If they're "somewhere" (I don't think so 'cause I'm atheist but it's just my opinion...) they might be outraged not smiling and having a drink...
The DP in California has been put on hold and no executions are occurring and haven't for quite awhile. DeAngelo would never actually be executed even if he did get the DP. He'll be long dead before they even process the next 10 death row inmates, and there are something like 700 in the queue. This way the state saves millions of $$$, gets him sentenced and off to prison for the rest of his life, there won't be any appeals, and he can rot. The victims and family members will still get *their* day(s) in court, saying everything they want, as long as they want, and DeAngelo will have to sit there, pretending he's an incapacitated demented old man (which is all an act IMO).

IMO

As you already said DP in California has been put on hold.
True but it's a moratorium on the death penalty. Nothing more.
Newsom doesn't support the DP but maybe a new governor...in the future...who knows...
You said millions of dollars were saved....I can tell you: who cares?
When it comes to murders I don't care about money, thousands, millions or even trillions of dollars.
If sentenced to death DeAngelo wouldn't be executed....I agree.
But he would have spent the rest of his life inside his cell at San Quentin (which is worse than any other maximum security prison in California, as far as I know)
He will be sent to SQ for initial processing, as a convicted felon, and could well end up there, doing hard time.

I know *you* don't care what it costs, but the people of CA do, and part of the responsibility of DAs across the state is to leverage their budgets carefully to maximize convictions. Avoiding upwards of 10 to 14 trials or one super huge, super long trial is smart.

BTW, conservatives are known to want less spending by the government, and a smaller government in general, so getting this monster processed and 'done' works in the fiscal conservatives' favor. IMO

He will be sent to SQ for initial processing, as a convicted felon, and could well end up there, doing hard time.

I know *you* don't care what it costs, but the people of CA do, and part of the responsibility of DAs across the state is to leverage their budgets carefully to maximize convictions. Avoiding upwards of 10 to 14 trials or one super huge, super long trial is smart.

BTW, conservatives are known to want less spending by the government, and a smaller government in general, so getting this monster processed and 'done' works in the fiscal conservatives' favor. IMO
The people of California DO want the capital punishment.
In 2016 "proposition 62" (which would have replaced the DP with LWOP) was on the ballot and failed....
Proposition 66 (which retain the capital punishment and expedite death sentence appeals) passed....
Of course the following year the Supreme Court of California "killed" proposition 66
Californians want the DP, they don't care about how much it costs.
Only politicians and anti-DP fans care.

The people of California DO want the capital punishment.
In 2016 "proposition 62" (which would have replaced the DP with LWOP) was on the ballot and failed....
Proposition 66 (which retain the capital punishment and expedite death sentence appeals) passed....
Of course the following year the Supreme Court of California "killed" proposition 66
Californians want the DP, they don't care about how much it costs.
Only politicians and anti-DP fans care.
Again he was never going to be executed by the state, even if they gave him 10 DP sentences, even if CA was full steam ahead on executions, because time would run out before they'd ever get to him. So, in essence, it would be a symbolic DP sentence only, which I know would still feel good.

Who knows...maybe he'll get shafted in prison or tortured and then finally taken out by someone who wants him gone. The DP can happen in less traditional and much more malicious and painful ways. He's not going to lead a cushy life in prison; he might end up in solitary for 23 hrs a day, much more restricted than if he was on death row, where those prisoners can spend hours of each day out in the yard if they want, and they get to socialize amongst themselves, out of their cells.

IMO

Child Killer John Beames Is Latest San Quentin Death Row Inmate To Die From Coronavirus

July 22, 2020
As reported by CBS SF Bay Area, San Quentin has a COVID-19 outbreak and nine death row inmates have died of confirmed or suspected coronavirus. Four other gen pop San Q inmates have met the same demise. The 13 deaths are the second-most COVID-related deaths in the state prison system as of Wednesday afternoon (July 22, 2020). Nineteen inmates have died at the California Institution for Men in Chino.

According to the CDCR’s coronavirus tracker, there are 861 inmates at San Quentin with active infections, with 132 new infections within the last two weeks. Another 36 infected inmates have been released and 1,112 inmates have recovered from being infected with the virus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back