Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very interesting information. I had no idea.

Also, I am no expert but I believe zombies have their roots in Africa and then Brazil, Haiti and possibly other Caribbean islands. I always heard of them associated with the voodoo religion. In Chad Daybell's case, my guess is he just borrowed the term due to the recent popularity of zombie movies and TV shows like The Walking Dead. It never made any sense to me, because I'd always thought of zombies as the walking dead. People possessed by spirits (The Exorcist), I don't recall ever being given that name. He was a fiction writer and just used his "skills" to concoct something that he could use to manipulate people who had certain vulnerabilities. IMO

In addition to the bolded, don't forget to add in Jason M. IMO

Hi everyone!
I just found this site today when searching online for information about this case. I haven't had the opportunity to finish reading all of the pages in this section, but I have some questions. I promise I will read them all so I don't ask a question that has already been answered. Please bare with me as I learn how the site works.
Questions:
What happens if the world doesn't end today? Do all of the followers stop following, or do they believe Chad Daybell got a new vision? Will someone take over the leadership while they are in jail?
Why haven't they bailed themselves out of jail? I read a news article that states they had both received large sums of money from life insurance policies when their spouses died. If I understand correctly, Lori Daybell was also receiving some sort of child support from a trust fund? I'm sorry I can't find the article again to share. So this, I guess is my opinion (I think that's what I read in the rules section to state if I don't post the article)?
Were the children deceased before Chad Daybell's wife was?
Why haven't they been charged with murder? Did someone else take their lives? This is just my suspicion, but I believe Lori's brother may have been directed to kill his niece and nephew. Could this be the reason? Wouldn't there be some sort of accessory charge if this was the case?
I haven't had the opportunity to complete my reading of the court documents associated with the case, and quite honestly I don't understand what some of them say/mean.
Thank you to anyone who may be able to help me out with your answers. Sorry I wrote so much!

Just spit balling here: Maybe they have hired a PR team because of the nature of the case. There is a dense LDS population in the area and they definitely want to avoid the appearance of any negative connotations being shown towards a religion that is heavily saturated in that region. What I am saying is: perhaps they want to make sure they do not step on any toes and are therefore seeking assistance and advice on how to thread a needle with the religious overtones inherent in this case. My opinion...

I agree wholeheartedly, and think it’s a wise choice, provided the PR team is a good one. Not for “spin,” obviously, but to keep sensationalism from getting out of hand & affecting good forward progress of case(s).
MOO Edit

We
Hi everyone!
I just found this site today when searching online for information about this case. I haven't had the opportunity to finish reading all of the pages in this section, but I have some questions. I promise I will read them all so I don't ask a question that has already been answered. Please bare with me as I learn how the site works.
Questions:
What happens if the world doesn't end today? Do all of the followers stop following, or do they believe Chad Daybell got a new vision? Will someone take over the leadership while they are in jail?
Why haven't they bailed themselves out of jail? I read a news article that states they had both received large sums of money from life insurance policies when their spouses died. If I understand correctly, Lori Daybell was also receiving some sort of child support from a trust fund? I'm sorry I can't find the article again to share. So this, I guess is my opinion (I think that's what I read in the rules section to state if I don't post the article)?
Were the children deceased before Chad Daybell's wife was?
Why haven't they been charged with murder? Did someone else take their lives? This is just my suspicion, but I believe Lori's brother may have been directed to kill his niece and nephew. Could this be the reason? Wouldn't there be some sort of accessory charge if this was the case?
I haven't had the opportunity to complete my reading of the court documents associated with the case, and quite honestly I don't understand what some of them say/mean.
Thank you to anyone who may be able to help me out with your answers. Sorry I wrote so much!
Welcome!

Good point that it is closed due to COVID now. Transcripts and audio are for the courts use. I was shocked to see Wood say that the folks that watched the prelim could be stricken from the jury pool with cause. Never heard of such. With cause just because they watched doesn't seem right to me.
I believe there will be plenty of people in Fremont County And/or Madison County who do not watch much TV or follow crime cases. Not everyone are crime nerds like us. :rolleyes:

I believe there will be plenty of people in Fremont County And/or Madison County who do not watch much TV or follow crime cases. Not everyone are crime nerds like us. :rolleyes:
I'm not familiar with the Rexburg, ID area but that might be true. Teresa Sievers was my doctor and after her murder I learned that she lived in the same town as me. It was big news then and big news again once the arrests were made but the news stories died down as time went on. It took a couple of years before the case went to trial. By that time I was quite surprised how many of my friends were only vaguely familiar with the case. The courts had little problem in getting juries together for the two killers.

All MOO
So far I am liking that the prosecutor is appearing to err on the side of caution. I would love to watch and know all the details but when the trail comes up it will all be laid out for us, maybe he is not just looking at now but down the road after conviction and they run through appeals process.
He obviously wants to keep the trials in the jurisdiction where the crimes were committed so he must believe that the jury pool would be fair and impartial, or he may believe the jury pool in those jurisdictions will hang LVD, CD and their whole gang.
I also don’t believe there are 143,998 other followers, there was a handful before the arrest but they have now done a 180. Might be a couple but I doubt they would actually admit it. This is the part of the trial I look forward to the most, those that cut a deal to testify against LVD and CD. You KNOW there will be at least a couple.

ETA: It is now 12:11 AM Eastern Thursday, July 23, I’m still here!

That is very interesting information. I had no idea.

Also, I am no expert but I believe zombies have their roots in Africa and then Brazil, Haiti and possibly other Caribbean islands. I always heard of them associated with the voodoo religion. In Chad Daybell's case, my guess is he just borrowed the term due to the recent popularity of zombie movies and TV shows like The Walking Dead. It never made any sense to me, because I'd always thought of zombies as the walking dead. People possessed by spirits (The Exorcist), I don't recall ever being given that name. He was a fiction writer and just used his "skills" to concoct something that he could use to manipulate people who had certain vulnerabilities. IMO
True, Sleeplessinaz there is another source, where IMOO Chad Daybell could have got his ideas about portals etc.... Also survival and new beginning of a New World.
I am referring to a Online Open World Game called Mine Craft( Invented ten years ago), it is filled with monsters such as Zombies which you can destroy by burning them with enchanted swords and weapons. You can build portals of different sizes, closets to huge ones where you can move from place to place.
Being a survival game you are placed in your new world with none thing, first thing you need to do it built a rough shelter. IMOO there is the tents. You gather resources from the land. (Sounds like Chad's Vision)
I play it with my family (I am terrible at it. To be honest I suck at it) My partner has his portal outside his house, children has one in their building, mine is under my cottage often I cannot slept in my bed as a Zombie Pigman comes through my portal so I have to move another area to sleep.
Going through the Portals we can move to different area of the Mine craft world, one opens in Village area, another beach,another desert(we collect sand) another Ice world and other portals go to different Neather regions. It pretty fast.
To use portals you have to stand between the obsidian stones or you walk through it none thing happens. ( Chad using a portal to Lori placed in her wardrobe to be in touch with her,cheaper than a Phone call)
It looks like a dark shimmering mirror from the outside. ( Maybe that is why no one could see it at Lori place, actually from what I recall it was a walk in wardrobe.)
You build your portal by 12 blocks of obsidian into a square, lit it up with a spark of flint and steel.
You have to be experienced in building your portal and correct measurement of distance or it won't work. Hence Chad was the only one who could do it, and there can be a problem if not done right.
There was the talk about Zombies and destroying them which Chad Daybell and Lori Daybell discussed about according to MG.
Now the Zombies in Mine Craft do suck your life force away(you have 10 hearts) they can take over other creatures Pig men, Villagers by infecting them. To save them and yourselves you have to kill the zombies, there are Normal ones ( green and chant "Brains Brains"), Drowned(Water) and Husks.(Desert)
To gain experience points many people go on Zombies Hunts.( Lori wanted to kill any Zombies)
Zombies carry items,gold,diamonds and enchanted items by killing them you gain wealth and experience to build yourself up onto a higher level.
Chad Daybell may have not played the on line game but could have watched on You Tube as there are groups who do it for entertainment they create story lines. One group which are popular is Hermitcraft which has been performing for six years on line it is Family Friendly, they currently on Season Seven.
There are a few groups which are more rougher and tougher not family friendly which have gone longer than Hermitcraft on You Tube, where Zombies and Monsters are not things also hunted down, Friendly Fire is an option.

The county that Teresa's case was tried in had a population of

Lee County, Florida Population 2020
Year Population Growth
2020 784,818 up 15,104 from 2019

The two counties in ID have about

39,907 (2019) Madison County, ID
13,099 (2019) Fremont County, ID

53,006 or there about. I'd file that motion too but ianal. jmo

True, Sleeplessinaz there is another source, where IMOO Chad Daybell could have got his ideas about portals etc.... Also survival and new beginning of a New World.
I am referring to a Online Open World Game called Mine Craft( Invented ten years ago), it is filled with monsters such as Zombies which you can destroy by burning them with enchanted swords and weapons. You can build portals of different sizes, closets to huge ones where you can move from place to place.
Being a survival game you are placed in your new world with none thing, first thing you need to do it built a rough shelter. IMOO there is the tents. You gather resources from the land. (Sounds like Chad's Vision)
I play it with my family (I am terrible at it. To be honest I suck at it) My partner has his portal outside his house, children has one in their building, mine is under my cottage often I cannot slept in my bed as a Zombie Pigman comes through my portal so I have to move another area to sleep.
Going through the Portals we can move to different area of the Mine craft world, one opens in Village area, another beach,another desert(we collect sand) another Ice world and other portals go to different Neather regions. It pretty fast.
To use portals you have to stand between the obsidian stones or you walk through it none thing happens. ( Chad using a portal to Lori placed in her wardrobe to be in touch with her,cheaper than a Phone call)
It looks like a dark shimmering mirror from the outside. ( Maybe that is why no one could see it at Lori place, actually from what I recall it was a walk in wardrobe.)
You build your portal by 12 blocks of obsidian into a square, lit it up with a spark of flint and steel.
You have to be experienced in building your portal and correct measurement of distance or it won't work. Hence Chad was the only one who could do it, and there can be a problem if not done right.
There was the talk about Zombies and destroying them which Chad Daybell and Lori Daybell discussed about according to MG.
Now the Zombies in Mine Craft do suck your life force away(you have 10 hearts) they can take over other creatures Pig men, Villagers by infecting them. To save them and yourselves you have to kill the zombies, there are Normal ones ( green and chant "Brains Brains"), Drowned(Water) and Husks.(Desert)
To gain experience points many people go on Zombies Hunts.( Lori wanted to kill any Zombies)
Zombies carry items,gold,diamonds and enchanted items by killing them you gain wealth and experience to build yourself up onto a higher level.
Chad Daybell may have not played the on line game but could have watched on You Tube as there are groups who do it for entertainment they create story lines. One group which are popular is Hermitcraft which has been performing for six years on line it is Family Friendly, they currently on Season Seven.
There are a few groups which are more rougher and tougher not family friendly which have gone longer than Hermitcraft on You Tube, where Zombies and Monsters are not things also hunted down, Friendly Fire is an option.
I have heard of Minecraft. It was really popular a few years ago but I haven't heard much talk about it recently. I'm not a gamer and have never played it. It sounds very much like CD could have got his ideas from that game.
I sure do hope that the whole truth about this mess will eventually be revealed. Trying to imagine what Wikipedia will say five years from now..

When the case blows up and every national news network is wanting an interview or statement, they will be referred to his PR reps. IMO

I agree. This is actually a very savvy move. The prosecution knows that as time goes on, this case has the potential for even more media coverage. Allowing the PR company to manage this, let's his office focus on their tasks. The prosecution's office may also want to have professionals managing the media, as they may be aware that this is not their skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member