FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
can a monster be made? could a person be treated like a monster from childhood cause them to react in kind?
if this person was being arrested for felonies from the age of 12 years, probably was also being treated harshly as anyone formally charged would be. He was charged with 230 Felonies (how many misdemeanors?) Convicted of what, 15 of them? Was this man a target of blame for everything from when he was 10 or 12 years old??
Did that treatment that probably extended to the rest of his family drive them to a place where they had to live like outcasts and criminals to survive?
I think that monsters are made, and do not occur naturally.

Last edited:
C’mon LeitKynes, are you truly surprised that career criminal with a string of never-ending felonies is allowed to roam free to commit crimes at will?

We might as well get used to it, because that’s the new view. Poor guy probably only committed those felonies because he was upset about something or forgot to eat breakfast. You know, Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? Criminals aren’t expected to do that anymore. HALT now means throw a profane screaming fit and try to kill someone.
MOO

Dare I hit POST? This isn’t Twitter, so yes I do!

"New View?" This monster's been committing felonies for 14 years. So, it's not really a "new view," is it? Maybe he's just a violent psychopath who should have been made to serve whatever time to which he was sentenced? Shame on Florida for letting him out over and over and over again.

I am not a lawyer nor do I work in the legal profession - but I strongly believe you are wrong on this point. As stated "Misprison of Felony" is seldom used, but it applies to those with knowledge of a crime who passively take no action.
My daughter is a lawyer and my understanding is that it does not apply to passively taking no action. One must actively conceal the knowledge and know it's a felony.
Otherwise 10,000 people who knew about what happened (including several lawyers) would be in jail for being passive with regard to Kelsey Berreth and their knowledge of what happened to her. But I could be wrong. We have enough lawyers around here to clarify.

EDIT:
Elements of “Misprision of Felony”

The panel affirmed the long-established federal rule that “[t]o establish misprision of a felony,” under 18 U.S.C. § 4, “the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt: ‘(1) that the principal . . . committed and completed the felony alleged; (2) that the defendant had full knowledge of that fact; (3) that he failed to notify the authorities; and (4) that he took affirmative steps to conceal the crime of the principal.”

Last edited:
can a monster be made? could a person be treated like a monster from childhood cause them to react in kind?
if this person was being arrested for felonies from the age of 12 years, probably was also being treated harshly as anyone formally charged would be. He was charged with 230 Felonies (how many misdemeanors?) Convicted of what, 15 of them? Was this man a target of blame for everything from when he was 10 or 12 years old??
Did that treatment that probably extended to the rest of his family drive them to a place where they had to live like outcasts and criminals to survive?
I think that monsters are made, and do not occur naturally.

I would bet he had a rough upbringing and likely in a more poor area.

My daughter is a lawyer and my understanding is that it does not apply to passively taking no action. One must actively conceal the knowledge and know it's a felony.
Otherwise 10,000 people who knew about what happened (including several lawyers) would be in jail for being passive *** with regard to Kelsey Berreth and their knowledge of what happened to her. But I could be wrong. We have enough lawyers around here to clarify.

EDIT:
Elements of “Misprision of Felony”

The panel affirmed the long-established federal rule that “[t]o establish misprision of a felony,” under 18 U.S.C. § 4, “the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt: ‘(1) that the principal . . . committed and completed the felony alleged; (2) that the defendant had full knowledge of that fact; (3) that he failed to notify the authorities; and (4) that he took affirmative steps to conceal the crime of the principal.”
You are correct that my use of the term "passive" was not accurate here. But, if you continue with the definition you quoted here, the full definition of the term continues to state:
"Precisely what constitutes active concealment is a Question of Fact that depends on the circumstances of the case. Lying to a police officer satisfies the requirement, but beyond that generally accepted rule, little is certain about the definition of active concealment."

Let's all remember that a lie of omission is a lie none the less. So the act of lying does not necessarily need to take on a noticeable action to potentially still be considered the action of telling a lie. Consider for instance a person with knowledge of an illegal act who was directly or inderectly asked if they had said knowledge, and they simply chose not to reply. The act of making a choice to not reply was an action. Furthermore, it could be debated that the person with this knowledge may not have needed to be directly questioned, but could have simply been aware that others were in need of the info they had in order to serve a sufficiently important purpose as protecting society.

This is obviously a huge point of contention and is why this is a charge seldom invoked. I'm sure lawyers live & breath for thia type of discussion...but I am not a lawyer & I simply cannot stomach such an arguement of minute detail.
I agree with everything you've said on this topic, but I will continue to maintain that there is another point of view which could be just as readily accepted by other points of view - in certain circumstances.

Edited to fix my blunder of formatting and add some more detailed explanations of my perspective.

Last edited:
Krystal Kenny stopped at Sonic after cleaning up Kelsey Berreth brains and blood splatter for Patrick Frazee. Life goes on for people like these. Just need to eat, not to create an alibi.

If that looked like Spahn Ranch, a Hollywood place where cowboy movies were made, the Manson family lived in the movie sets, and back ranch. The compound where the killer lived looks much better than that. They may be just talking about the travel trailer they lived in without water and electricity.

I hate to think three young men had to die before this monster could be stopped. If it wasn't them, it would of been someone else. It was just a matter of time.

it is very hard to do, but when you see a child failing, an adult needs to intervene and fix the situation to make it a good place for a young person to learn and grow from.
i have experienced teachers from both sides of the spectrum. the ones teaching positiveness and learning were always the ones winning, opposed to the ones teaching negativity and loss.
I choose positive life and want to pass it along. i do mention negativeness to let that be seen as the wrong way. Positive people enjoy and attract other positive vibrations.

Last edited:
i'm still trying to process a man had 230 felony charges beginning when he was 10 years old. he was treated awful since he was 12 and accused of 200 more felonies after turning 15 years old. taunted and ridiculed from then. supposedly stood up for his-self, was almost killed, then arrested..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member