FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!

This case has been another one that's made me toss, and turn at night struggling to sleep.

I kept thinking it reminded me of another case that happened decades ago. Most here probably won't remember it.

Anyway it was a case about the town bully who had terrorized everyone living there for years. He reminded me of this triple murderer due to how dangerous, and ruthless he was. I can't remember the state or city at the moment where it happened.

Anyway someone in the town finally wound up murdering him. When LE investigated the case looking for the killer everyone they talked to there confessed saying they were the one who had killed him.

Since everyone confessed they never arrested anyone for killing him.

*snipped for focus*

I was reminded of that case also, OBE. It was Ken Rex McElroy from Skidmore, Missouri and he totally had it coming. There are a few podcasts out there on this case.

Many of us pondered if Jodi Arias was the way she was due to nurture or nature. A question none of us could really answer.

Yes, there is research either way. I do think it may be a combination of both. A lot of pts that i see with a significant legal history endorse a lot of childhood trauma/adverse childhood experiences (nuture). However, there are also lots of pts with significant trauma who don't turn criminal and actually have a lot of compassion and empathy for others (unfortunately usually not for themselves :() partially due to what they went through. And... there are also those who adamantly deny childhood abuse and other trauma that present with lots of antisocial traits. The jury is still out there, but i do think there is more to it than nuture. Sorry for the rant and Good Morning All! :)

BTW...just popping in now that I'm off work.
Anybody who knows me knows I'm gonna say it....
What is it with people at a brutal tremendously bloody crime scene and suddenly driving to the nearest fast food place for a burger?????

WTH kind of person even thinks about food after something like that?
A cold-blooded ***!

I was trying to make the same point yesterday. It really puts an explanation point as to how cold blooded a killer is. Alex Cox kills and buries his nephew, then immediately goes and grabs lunch. Kelsey Berreth's killer immediately goes to have thanksgiving dinner at mom's. His side piece cleans up the gory crime scene and goes to Sonic. There are so many more killers like this I have seen over the years.

I was trying to make the same point yesterday. It really puts an explanation point as to how cold blooded a killer is. Alex Cox kills and buries his nephew, then immediately goes and grabs lunch. Kelsey Berreth's killer immediately goes to have thanksgiving dinner at mom's. His side piece cleans up the gory crime scene and goes to Sonic. There are so many more killers like this I have seen over the years.
YES.. I have noticed that quite frequently also.
I don't understand how somebody could even think of food or eating, but then again, I don't understand how someone could kill anyone, so there's that.

Looks like they were looking for someone even before D walks in. Why would 1 go in, then the other two, then those two go back out, then they come back in? Then the killer buys something. Why didn't brother buy it? Or girlfriend? I think maybe he wanted a little confrontation/where is K? with D.

Could be that the coffee hasn’t kicked in, but I’m confused by 2 different accounts as quoted by Judd from the summary.
First being that Tillman was being beaten when Rollins & Springfield arrived.
Second being that Wiggins bros and Whittemore pulled up on Tillman, Rollins and Springfield who had arrived at the lake ahead of them, then the confrontation began.

....Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first & arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd. When Rollins & Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman & were shot......

....Near the lake, the Wiggins brothers & Whittemore pulled up behind two trucks that had stopped with their windows down to talk. Inside one truck was Tillman. Rollins & Springfield were inside the other. Sheriff Judd said TJ got out of the vehicle, ran up to their trucks and asked, “Where’s Keven?” TJ Wiggins found Keven in the truck with Rollins, and allegedly pointed the gun at him demanding, “Where’s my truck? You stole the engine out of my truck!” TJ Wiggins shot Brandon Rollins & Keven Springfield 9-10 times with his handgun. He then turned to Tillman & allegedly shot him several times.

ETA @Niner summary (ty btw!!)
I think the first version was what LE thought may have transpired, before they caught the perps. He did say it was subject to change. I believe the second version was after they found out more info from the perps. I think Robert talked the most, from what I've been reading. IMO

I think the first version was what LE thought may have transpired, before they caught the perps. He did say it was subject to change. I believe the second version was after they found out more info from the perps. I think Robert talked the most, from what I've been reading. IMO

Yes, the sheriff changed the narrative yesterday to TJ shooting into the truck with KS and BR first.

Shock...the person just shot people.. you want to discuss whether they should get back in vehicle.,..you gonna say..what.. you gonna say nothing...you just gonna do what they say...Cause they gotta a gun and they are in a pissy mood.

Respectfully, I'm not sure the girlfriend or the younger brother were shocked. I'm sure they had some inkling it wasn't going to be a friendly talk once TJ told the brother to turn the truck around and follow the victims. At any rate, they both had all of Saturday and up until the day of their arrest to notify police about what had happened if they were afraid of TJ. This is something that anyone of any moral character at all would have done, imo. They chose to keep quiet. I don't have one ounce of sympathy for either of them. My sympathy lies with 3 young men killed for nothing and with their families and friends.

Could be that the coffee hasn’t kicked in, but I’m confused by 2 different accounts as quoted by Judd from the summary.
First being that Tillman was being beaten when Rollins & Springfield arrived.
Second being that Wiggins bros and Whittemore pulled up on Tillman, Rollins and Springfield who had arrived at the lake ahead of them, then the confrontation began.

....Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first & arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd. When Rollins & Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman & were shot......

....Near the lake, the Wiggins brothers & Whittemore pulled up behind two trucks that had stopped with their windows down to talk. Inside one truck was Tillman. Rollins & Springfield were inside the other. Sheriff Judd said TJ got out of the vehicle, ran up to their trucks and asked, “Where’s Keven?” TJ Wiggins found Keven in the truck with Rollins, and allegedly pointed the gun at him demanding, “Where’s my truck? You stole the engine out of my truck!” TJ Wiggins shot Brandon Rollins & Keven Springfield 9-10 times with his handgun. He then turned to Tillman & allegedly shot him several times.

ETA @Niner summary (ty btw!!)

I was just keeping notes as the news came out. The first part is what was first announced & that second part is from the press conference a day or so ago... :) I know the contradict each other, but left them in anyway.

YES.. I have noticed that quite frequently also.
I don't understand how somebody could even think of food or eating, but then again, I don't understand how someone could kill anyone, so there's that.
It always shocks me when a murderer goes and does something everyday straight after the crime. There was a case in the UK (Sadie Hartley) where the two murderers went home afterwards and sang along to a dvd of Mamma Mia. The prosecution tore them apart for that. I will never understand how people can behave in such a way.

Back to this case, id it known how well the suspects were known to the victims? I’m thinking small town so everyone would know each other. Is that the case?

We shouldn’t be shocked at them going for fast food. It’s obvious that they didn’t care at all. Anybody that will pull a firearm, or set by and watch, and shoot away at close range killing 3 people doesn’t have empathy. That fast food trip isn’t a surprise.

We shouldn’t be shocked at them going for fast food. It’s obvious that they didn’t care at all. Anybody that will pull a firearm, or set by and watch, and shoot away at close range killing 3 people doesn’t have empathy. That fast food trip isn’t a surprise.
Bet they had no problem eating the food with ketchup, imo.

Has there been a mapping post done of the site where the trucks were found and the nearest convenience store/gas station?

I haven't caught up so don't know if this has been posted yet. I will remove if I find elsewhere.

Attachments

• LAKESTREETYSUNRAY3.jpg
    LAKESTREETYSUNRAY3.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 79
  • LAKESUNRAYDOLLARGENERAL.jpg
    LAKESUNRAYDOLLARGENERAL.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 66
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I am so pi$$ed off right now after reading all the affidavits and reports. These animals should NOT have been wandering around the streets.
He was out on BAIL since March 2020 for crying out loud.
Just OMG.

Hey Sparty!

Is there more than the 1 page affidavit? I can't seem to find anything else but the Polk County site keeps freezing up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member