Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus Australia live news: National Cabinet to discuss restrictions, infections, lockdowns and the economy

Coronavirus Australia live news: National Cabinet to discuss restrictions, infections, lockdowns and the economy

Simon Smale

1 hour ago
2 hours ago
'Young people are going to die'
That's the warning from an intensive care unit nurse working in Royal Melbourne Hospital. The ABC's Freya Michie spoke to Michelle Spence, who said there was a growing number of younger adults being hospitalised by coronavirus. She said deaths in Victoria had so far predominately been in older people, but that would change.

"What we are seeing now is young people who are going to die. There is no doubt about it," she said.

"And these are people who are 30s, 40s, 50s, who have no past history."
  • Lucy Sweeney
    2ff15cf4-a086-4f98-97ad-bb1fe29a940b.jpg
  • 39 minutes ago
    Soaking up some sun
  • So perhaps you could try some yoga in a sunny spot near you? There is a lot of sitting in yoga.

• The lovely image is too big to download, but check it out in the article: dog doing yoga: brilliant.
263ad940-377d-40cb-a58f-209f90ef6b0c_800.gif

Last edited:
I've been lucky that my places are able to stay open (considered to be restaurants.) I know many professional musicians and the continued bar closure is devastating for them. Offering no date or metrics for reopening is going force these places to make some tough decisions.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for some other measures to be included in our arsenal ... so that semi-normal life can somewhat resume.

There are many products being developed, with some of them passing scientific scrutiny, that would allow a less restrictive life for all.

The Zoono product I mentioned above is one of these products. Another is the paper tests that marguerita brought to this forum.

We seem stuck in this cycle of 'gold standard' testing, isolation, closures ... when rapidly developing technology is trying to tell us there are some alternatives that can be included. imo

I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for some other measures to be included in our arsenal ... so that semi-normal life can somewhat resume.

There are many products being developed, with some of them passing scientific scrutiny, that would allow a less restrictive life for all.

The Zoono product I mentioned above is one of these products. Another is the paper tests that marguerita brought to this forum.

We seem stuck in this cycle of 'gold standard' testing, isolation, closures ... when rapidly developing technology is trying to tell us there are some alternatives that can be included. imo

Exactly!!!

Ohio county fair tied to 22 coronavirus cases, with more fairs still to come — NBC News

“At least 22 cases of coronavirus were tied to an Ohio county fair at the end of last month, a cautionary tale as more county fairs are scheduled to continue amid the pandemic.

A nine-page report from Pickaway County Public Health found a lack of enforcement on safety measures to prevent the disease despite a “very thorough and extensive” planning process on guidelines. At least 19 attendees contracted the virus and another three had the virus passed onto them by a family member.”

Southwest is requiring passengers 2 years or older to wear facial covering: No exceptions — Chron.com

“If you're over the age of 2, you have to wear a mask when flying with Southwest Airlines: NO EXCEPTIONS.

Per a statement the airline released on Wednesday, if a customer is unable to wear a mask (even due to a preexisting health condition) "Southwest regrets that we will be unable to transport the individual."

Health officials released data in March showing that 80 percent of individuals with COVID-19 show mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, but can still transmit the virus to other people. That's the reason for Southwest's now updated, quite restrictive policy.”

Southwest- thumbs up!

Just catching up and noticed the following -

Today at 9:25 am, page #14, post #277 - a link to article dated 22 Jul stating Florida cases were less that 10,000 cases for two consecutive days. Seems to mean Tues 21 Jul and Mon 20 Jul.

This post is then quoted on page 15, post #281. The poster links the same publication, dated 22 Jul (updated from 13 Jul) and the poster surmises that Florida cases seem to have peaked for now.

If this were true, it would be breaking news everywhere. But it's not.

Luckily on Page #15, post #295 correct info is posted. More than 10,000 new cases and record number of deaths.

The news and stats can't be both - rising numbers and flattening curve. Toying with this info is disingenuous imo -

Jmo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly!!!

Lateral thinkers are very often in the minority.

In my hypothetical world, before boarding a plane, going into a restaurant, perhaps other feasible places, you pass a paper test at the door. With the venue having been sprayed with a long lasting viral shield at regular intervals. Venue prices having been adjusted to allow for this extra nominal expense.

In all other public situations you wear a mask and socially distance. Until/if enough other safe methods are developed. We are not in 1918 any more. We should be able to do better, 100 years later.

Eventually reducing community transmission to an amount that can be suppressed.

Just catching up and noticed the following -

Today at 9:25 am, page #14, post #277 - a link to article dated 22 Jul stating Florida cases were less that 10,000 cases for two consecutive days. Seems to mean Tues 21 Jul and Mon 20 Jul.

This post is then quoted on page 15, post #281. The poster links the same publication, dated 22 Jul (updated from 13 Jul) and the poster surmises that Florida cases seem to have peaked for now.

If this were true, it would be breaking news everywhere. But it's not.

Luckily on Page #15, post #295 correct info is posted. More than 10,000 new cases and record number of deaths.

The news and stats can't be both - rising numbers and flattening curve. Toying with this info is disingenuous imo - if one sees breaking news, surely a responsible poster would double check with another publication before bringing it here?

Jmo.

Who is the poster that is irresponsible and disingenuous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304