The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Beatrice made a last minute request to borrow the Queen's dress on her wedding day

Princess Beatrice looked stunning in one of the Queen's vintage dresses on her wedding day to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi last Friday, but it's been revealed that the royal hadn't always planned to borrow her grandmother's frock.

After a reported last minute change of heart about her dress, Beatrice, 31, "made a request [to loan one from the Queen], and that was kindly granted – and it looked amazing," a friend of the bride and groom told PEOPLE. The pal added: "It was touching for both of them."

The bride's beautiful dress, originally designed by Norman Hartnell, is made from Peau De Soie taffeta in shades of ivory, trimmed with ivory Duchess satin, with organza sleeves. It is encrusted with diamanté details and a geometric checkered bodice. The gown was remodelled and fitted for Beatrice by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and loyal dressmaker Stewart Parvin.

Princess Beatrice made a last minute request to borrow the Queen's dress on her wedding day

Princess Beatrice looked stunning in one of the Queen's vintage dresses on her wedding day to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi last Friday, but it's been revealed that the royal hadn't always planned to borrow her grandmother's frock.

After a reported last minute change of heart about her dress, Beatrice, 31, "made a request [to loan one from the Queen], and that was kindly granted – and it looked amazing," a friend of the bride and groom told PEOPLE. The pal added: "It was touching for both of them."

The bride's beautiful dress, originally designed by Norman Hartnell, is made from Peau De Soie taffeta in shades of ivory, trimmed with ivory Duchess satin, with organza sleeves. It is encrusted with diamanté details and a geometric checkered bodice. The gown was remodelled and fitted for Beatrice by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and loyal dressmaker Stewart Parvin.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!! Wonderful.

But the original dress had no sleeves so the "last minute" included time for alterations....

Long ago in a galaxy far away I worked bridal.

If asked, with cooperative participants, I could have added those sleeves in a couple hours.

Wonderful choices all around, love the look, love the history of the tiara -- gift from Queen Victoria to Mary of Teck, worn by HRH Elizabeth and HRH Anne for their weddings, love everything we know!

Lovely, lovely , lovely bride!

What great photos.

He looks like his father and his paternal grandmother. I also see a bit of King George VI.
She’s quite talented IMO - I’ve taken a few memorable pictures of my own but she captures the essence of what I imagine their personalities to be just based on all the pictures of the boys growing up around Princess Diana JMO

Long ago in a galaxy far away I worked bridal.

If asked, with cooperative participants, I could have added those sleeves in a couple hours.

Wonderful choices all around, love the look, love the history of the tiara -- gift from Queen Victoria to Mary of Teck, worn by HRH Elizabeth and HRH Anne for their weddings, love everything we know!

Lovely, lovely , lovely bride!
This wedding just has character and warmth and love and respect and joy.

It's a great credit to Beatrice and Eduardo and to their families.

Prince Charles & Duchess of Cornwall make a major change to their Twitter account

Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, have made an interesting change to their Twitter account. The royal couple have decided to change the header on their official Clarence House page; it now reads The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. In contrast, their Instagram account still has the header Clarence House. Charles and Camilla have amassed more than 900,000 followers on Twitter, and some 1.2million followers on Instagram.

The couple have followed in the footsteps of Charles's son and daughter-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. William and Kate decided to alter the display name on both their Twitter and Instagram pages back in May, changing it from Kensington Palace to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It was seen by many to be reflective of their increasingly prominent roles within the royal family.

clarence-house-twitter-z.jpg

Prince Charles and Camilla have changed their Twitter display name

Her definition of cooped up differs from mine. The house has over 25,000 sq feet and sits on 22 acres of land with a view. There is a pool and tennis court and extensive gardens.
Her definition of cooped up differs from mine. The house has over 25,000 sq feet and sits on 22 acres of land with a view. There is a pool and tennis court and extensive gardens.

They are staying with a friend.

Kensington Palace
The 830,000-square-foot palace comprises a total of 775 rooms, which include 19 State Rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms, none of which are ensuite, a sign of the palace's old-fashioned layout.Apr 21, 2020

Together, the grants made through the COVID-19 Response Fund ensure that:

• All emergency responders will have access to individual grief trauma counselling from Hospice UK;
  • Over 250,000 emergency responders will have access to peer-to-peer support through Mind’s Blue Light programme;
  • The Ambulance Staff Charity will be able to provide an additional 2,780 hours of support for the UK’s ambulance community;
  • Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) will be able to respond to 2,300 more contacts each month;
  • Shout 85258 will be able to have 250 more text message conversations with people who are struggling to cope every day;
  • The Mix will expand their group chat service for young people to seven days per week;
  • Teachers, children and their parents will be supported to cope with mental health needs, including self-care and managing anxiety as schools re-open, thanks to training and resources from Place2Be and The Anna Freud Centre; and
  • An additional 20,000 new mothers will be supported by Best Beginnings, thanks to a community mental health training project to reach pregnant women and new parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆