Found Deceased FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they ended up with all the weapons and gun safe despite no electricity or water? My guess is they stole them maybe even with the gun safe. Would I be surprised if they stole the cash off their victims for the McDonald’s run? No. IMO

There is another report from Polk Co where the brother drew one of the rifles on a neighbor that TJ had hit. I’m lost on why the cops didn’t take an interest then?

Edit to add I suppose the cops were glad he put the rifle away before they arrived and just didn’t push it. But knowing TJ was close to guns should have spooked them.

Last edited:
I know we have heard the motive, but I can’t help but wonder if DT had revealed he had cash on him, without meaning to. Just a thought I had. I mean this creep knew K and where he lived all this time, so why that day? I have a feeling he has been this amped up before and likely spotted K before but didn’t do anything then?! I’m sure it was the perfect (I don’t like this word in this situation) storm but still curious. How it’s stated now it almost puts blame on K for all this when this creep could have really been thinking I want that money (even if just a few 20s). Anyhow, I don’t know this is just a thought I have had a few times so thought I would see if anyone else thought that is possible. All IMO.

If the scenario that was told is truthful, the one would expect both the victim's vehicles' engines to have been running at the time the shooting went down. (And headlights on, at least for the white truck still on, as the bad guys came up from the rear). I wonder if the bad guys turned off the headlights on both vehicles and engines too. I would assume they turned off lights and engine on the red truck after they tossed him in the back. That's a tidbit I was pondering this am as to how LE found the vehicles.

I know we have heard the motive, but I can’t help but wonder if DT had revealed he had cash on him, without meaning to. Just a thought I had. I mean this creep knew K and where he lived all this time, so why that day? I have a feeling he has been this amped up before and likely spotted K before but didn’t do anything then?! I’m sure it was the perfect (I don’t like this word in this situation) storm but still curious. How it’s stated now it almost puts blame on K for all this when this creep could have really been thinking I want that money (even if just a few 20s). Anyhow, I don’t know this is just a thought I have had a few times so thought I would see if anyone else thought that is possible. All IMO.
In the Dollar store video Tj watched intently as
DT put his change bills away into his wallet.
Tj knew DT had some bills on him. But also I wonder if Tj thought DT disrespected him in some sarcastic way while in line. Or maybe in Tj's scrambled, paranoid brain he thought this even if it didn't happen.
I believe Tj thought he had justification for killing all 3.
Brandon was a witness to the upcoming trial for Tj breaking the guy's arm w/ crowbar over
a road rage incident. Brandon was there when it happened.
So I believe Tj wanted them all taken out.
MOO

There is another report from Polk Co where the brother drew one of the rifles on a neighbor that TJ had hit. I’m lost on why the cops didn’t take an interest then?

Edit to add I suppose the cops were glad he put the rifle away before they arrived and just didn’t push it. But knowing TJ was close to guns should have spooked them.

I wondered about that, too. I was trying to figure out how that "compound" had been approached the day of the arrest. As in, how many police cars and officers went out there for the arrest? Did an officer or two just walk on up to the door and knock? Did they use a loud speaker to draw them out of their "abodes?" Approaching unpredictable situations like that are a great reason to appreciate police officers, imo.

I wondered about that, too. I was trying to figure out how that "compound" had been approached the day of the arrest. As in, how many police cars and officers went out there for the arrest? Did an officer or two just walk on up to the door and knock? Did they use a loud speaker to draw them out of their "abodes?" Approaching unpredictable situations like that are a great reason to appreciate police officers, imo.

I’m not sure how many but I recall the sheriff saying that police had to walk a dirt path to get to it. From the Satt view, there looks to be public roads close to their place and other homes, it doesn’t look as remote as has been made out.

If the scenario that was told is truthful, the one would expect both the victim's vehicles' engines to have been running at the time the shooting went down. (And headlights on, at least for the white truck still on, as the bad guys came up from the rear). I wonder if the bad guys turned off the headlights on both vehicles and engines too. I would assume they turned off lights and engine on the red truck after they tossed him in the back. That's a tidbit I was pondering this am as to how LE found the vehicles.

Brandon's father had been out to the shooting location so he would have told LE where the location of the shooting and his dying son could be found, imo.

MOD NOTE:

Unless/until a specific person has been named by LE or MSN as being involved in this crime, they may not be sleuthed or discussed on this thread. Our TOS require that ONLY people who have been named as suspects or POI may be discussed and info linked about them. Such posts will be removed, as will replies to those posts. Multiple violations require a thread to be closed for review and clean-up, and those repeatedly in violation are at risk for losing posting privileges. Thread will reopen when clean up is finished.

ETA: MANY posts have been removed for these violations:
- Naming/discussing family members and/or minor children.
- Sleuthing/discussing/linking to info about persons who have NOT been named by LE or in MSM as being suspects or POI in this case.
- Quoting and replying to posts that are in violation. Instead, please report those posts. It is not helpful to respond to such posts on the thread, and causes a bigger clean up required.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED EFFORT TO POST AS RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

Thread is now open for discussion.

CocoChanel

Last edited:
Brandon's father had been out to the shooting location so he would have told LE where the location of the shooting and his dying son could be found, imo.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to say how the vehicles' condition were found as to specifically were the lights on, engines running.

Not "how they were found" as to where.

Sorry!

In the Dollar store video Tj watched intently as
DT put his change bills away into his wallet.
Tj knew DT had some bills on him. But also I wonder if Tj thought DT disrespected him in some sarcastic way while in line. Or maybe in Tj's scrambled, paranoid brain he thought this even if it didn't happen.
I believe Tj thought he had justification for killing all 3.
Brandon was a witness to the upcoming trial for Tj breaking the guy's arm w/ crowbar over
a road rage incident. Brandon was there when it happened.
So I believe Tj wanted them all taken out.
MOO

When I look at the footage at the Dollar Store of the exchange between DT and TJ, it looks to me like TJ ends the exchange exasperated - throwing his hands up in the air, repeatedly fussing with a cigarette. As far as he's concerned, the 'encounter' isn't over and hasn't settled anything. He looks really wound up to me.

I have assumed (right or wrong) that the exchange was TJ wanting to talk to DT about his 'stolen' truck and KS's whereabouts.

In any case, why on earth would DT tell the cashier he's going fishing with KS immediately after leaving the store when TJ and friends are standing right there listening and he knows TJ wants to confront Keven?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to say how the vehicles' condition were found as to specifically were the lights on, engines running.

Not "how they were found" as to where.

Sorry!

I should have figured that's what you meant :oops: !
eta: photo from Affidavit:

Attachments

• PAGE1 (2).png
    PAGE1 (2).png
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Just wondering, it doesn't really matter but...
So DT was thrown into the back of his truck. Do you think they were going to thrown the others in the back and get rid of them...maybe take the trucks with them, but they could see BRs dad coming down the road so they left?
I mean why put him in the truck bed in the first place and then why do that and leave the other two guys wherever they were.

Just wondering, it doesn't really matter but...
So DT was thrown into the back of his truck. Do you think they were going to thrown the others in the back and get rid of them...maybe take the trucks with them, but they could see BRs dad coming down the road so they left?
I mean why put him in the truck bed in the first place and then why do that and leave the other two guys wherever they were.

I think that was the initial intent - toss the bodies in the truck(s) and 'disappear' bodies and trucks and I think BR's dad's headlights approaching ended that plan.

I don't think any of them ever thought it would end up in a massacre. I think folks knew TJ had a beef with KS and it might lead to more than shouting if he caught up to KS, but I don't think anyone ever thought a gun would actually be used for anything more than waving around and making threats.

We've seen some 'dumb' criminals discussed on this forum, but TJ really seems above and beyond. He's already done time twice, he's got an upcoming court appearance about the assault with the crowbar - yet he keeps guns in a gun safe at his own home and apparently didn't even make an attempt to hide them after the massacre, even though he must have known there was at least a possibility that LE would come knocking.

They didn’t know about it since TJ never reported it. Around town from one side it was BOUGHT from TJ (a title never exchanged hands) and then from TJ’s side it was that it was stolen hence why Keven didn’t have a title for it.
If the truck was in fact, sold, I imagine that neither man would be overly concerned about a title.

Likewise, though whether a legally recognizable sale occurred might be easy to determine, any inquiry into whether or not the truck was considered sold or stolen by the parties involved could get hopelessly bogged down into muddy and fuzzy and muddy verbal agreements such as

- Was the sale conditional and based on certain conditions being met before the sale would be final?
- Was the truck truly sold, or..... was it on long term loan or lease? If so, could the lease be retracted?
- Was the truck being used as collateral for something?

Regardless of the possible fuzzy detail, it goes with out saying that nobody needed to get killed over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752