Found Deceased FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s dead. You can make any judgements you like about any of these victims but they were murdered in cold blood. All 3. And anything Keven did or was alleged to have done justifies his murder. You seem to be relishing in their past misdeeds.

The most important thing to me is that there have been accusations (truck theft... engine theft... not feeding a baby...) But nothing has been proven. We have none of the peripheral information and facts behind the accusations. I, for one, am not going to try and convict from my computer desk here at home. Most likely, all that will come out in court during a trial is the one fact; "TW accused KS of stealing his truck and selling the engine from that truck." Only because it was said to be the catalyst for the attack and therefore is relevant to the case, imo. Condemning and dragging victims through the mud is not good defense strategy and I don't think these issues will be part of the case. So, I'm not sure it's anything but judgement on our parts coming from no good cause and going to no good resolution.

As to the killer: Murder is not justified because a victim is less than "stellar citizen" or because the killer doesn't have running water or sewer. Some of the people on that property aren't even involved in the murder case and now their photos are plastered on the news. People all across this country live lifestyles unlike our own. People live in tents and abandoned buildings and campers hidden in the woods without running water and they don't kill anyone.
We're not all born with the same deck of playing cards, advantages, love and caring from our families as opposed to constant abuse and we don't condemn children who live in poverty but when they grow up, and still live in poverty, we turn on them sometimes. We blame them when they have no idea how to change their lots in life and have never been given the tools to work with.
And, even a successful life can take unexpected downturns into homelessness through no fault of the person.

I won't even go far into the cost to replace a broken water main or sewer line... or multiple small leaks in the under the cement slab floor pipes. It costs many thousands of dollars to have someone come in and jack hammer up your slab floors to fix pipes and, if you have sand settling, you will eventually have to do it here in the state of Florida. So, if that's where the "no running water and no sewer" came from then they have my sympathy. I only bring it up because what seems on the surface to be "Crazy! What? No water or sewer?" ... Often has an unfortunate reason behind it... it's not they they don't care! They can't afford to fix it.
Or maybe they can't afford the water in the first place.

None of it, imo, has anything to do with the fact that, one night 3 guys decided to go fishing and they ended up on the ground beside their trucks, murdered. I just want to see justice served and the sooner the better.

Last edited:
Do we know how long they’ve lived at this “compound”? Maybe they use a laundromat but where do they take showers? Did they take a shower before or after McDonald’s or did they even take a shower until they went to jail? Everything about this is gross.

Swim in a lake; weather taken into account... shower at a relative's or friend's home... wash up in a gas station bathroom...

The most important thing to me is that there have been accusations (truck theft... engine theft... not feeding a baby...) But nothing has been proven. We have none of the peripheral information and facts behind the accusations. I, for one, am not going to try and convict from my computer desk here at home. Most likely, all that will come out in court during a trial is the one fact; "TW accused KS of stealing his truck and selling the engine from that truck." Only because it was said to be the catalyst for the attack and therefore is relevant to the case, imo. Condemning and dragging victims through the mud is not good defense strategy and I don't think these issues will be part of the case. So, I'm not sure it's anything but judgement on our parts coming from no good cause and going to no good resolution.

As to the killer: Murder is not justified because a victim is less than "stellar citizen" or because the killer doesn't have running water or sewer. Some of the people on that property aren't even involved in the murder case and now their photos are plastered on the news. People all across this country live lifestyles unlike our own. People live in tents and abandoned buildings and campers hidden in the woods without running water and they don't kill anyone.
We're not all born with the same deck of playing cards, advantages, love and caring from our families as opposed to constant abuse and we don't condemn children who live in poverty but when they grow up, and still live in poverty, we turn on them sometimes. We blame them when they have no idea how to change their lots in life and have never been given the tools to work with.
And, even a successful life can take unexpected downturns into homelessness through no fault of the person.

I won't even go far into the cost to replace a broken water main or sewer line... or multiple small leaks in the under the cement slab floor pipes. It costs many thousands of dollars to have someone come in and jack hammer up your slab floors to fix pipes and, if you have sand settling, you will eventually have to do it here in the state of Florida. So, if that's were the "no running water and no sewer" came from then they have my sympathy. I only bring it up because what seems on the surface to be "Crazy! What? No water or sewer?" ... Often has an unfortunate reason behind it... it's not they they don't care! They can't afford to fix it.

None of it, imo, has anything to do with the fact that, one night 3 guys decided to go fishing and they ended up on the ground beside their trucks, murdered. I just want to see justice served and the sooner the better.
Exactly. I agree with all you’ve said. It’s about the murders, nothing else. None of them deserved this. Neither Keven nor any other victim was murdered because TJ or any of his accomplices had any moral compass. Period. JMO

I think it's obvious that all of the involved people are impoverished.
This is why we need free education and a social safety-net in order to prevent such lifestyle tragedies in youth. (ok, off my soapbox...)
Nevertheless, with such poverty comes a range of interpersonal complexities. I mean, jeeze...look at all the babies in this community who need caring for.
Sure, the engine may be highly relevant.
But, it may not be the whole story. Other interpersonal variables also may be motivating factors.
In fact, the way the Sheriff presents his case makes me think he is presenting a cartoon version he wants us to embrace.
That's why I think it is ok to consider all of the facts, including personal complexities we don't want to embrace because we feel that it is so difficult to ever justify murder.

What do you mean by receiving funds? An amount is uploaded onto a card? Like a gift card?
The United States is very fond of electronic payment services. If you do not have a bank account and/or do not desire your funds automatically deposited to a bank account, you can receive your Income Tax refund from the IRS, Social Security Benefits, and public or government benefits on a debit card.

The United States is very fond of electronic payment services. If you do not have a bank account and/or do not desire your funds automatically deposited to a bank account, you can receive your Income Tax refund from the IRS, Social Security Benefits, and public or government benefits on a debit card.

FROSTPROOF, Fla. (WFLA) — The Polk County Sheriff’s Office arrested the father of the shooting suspect in the Frostproof fishing ‘massacre’ and three others for environmental hazards at the property they all live at.

The sheriff’s office served a search warrant two weeks ago at a parcel of land where they believed triple homicide suspect Tony “TJ” Wiggins lived — a one-acre sized land on Sarver Avenue near Sandollar Street. The search netted the arrests of Wiggins and three others.

Polk County deputies said the land features five structures that are home to triple homicide suspects TJ Wiggins, Robert Wiggins, and Mary Whittemore. On Friday, Polk County Sheriff’s Office Environmental Crimes detectives arrested four others that live on the property.

Tony Wiggins Sr., 58, Robert Keene, 42, Nydia Liboy, 54, and Chyanne Eccleston, 19, were arrested and charged with environmental hazard crimes.

“The property where these suspects live looks like a landfill and has raw sewage all over the ground,” Sheriff Grady Judd said. “It’s not only not fit for humans, I wouldn’t even let a dog live there.”

Deputies said the camper that the suspect(s) live in have septic tanks opened draining onto the ground in a small hole with feces visible at the top of the ground. Deputies said there was an excessive amount of flies swarming around trash, dog feces, and human feces throughout the property.

Ed8J5srWkAIJk5T

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1287758916693233664

Father of Frostproof ‘massacre’ suspect, 3 others arrested at ‘hazardous’ off-the-grid property | WFLA

I won't even go far into the cost to replace a broken water main or sewer line... or multiple small leaks in the under the cement slab floor pipes. It costs many thousands of dollars to have someone come in and jack hammer up your slab floors to fix pipes and, if you have sand settling, you will eventually have to do it here in the state of Florida. So, if that's where the "no running water and no sewer" came from then they have my sympathy. I only bring it up because what seems on the surface to be "Crazy! What? No water or sewer?" ... Often has an unfortunate reason behind it... it's not they they don't care! They can't afford to fix it.
^^sbm

The arrested residents and kin to the alleged killer TJ are charged pursuant to Florida 386.041 KEEPING A NUISANCE INJURIOUS TO HEAL.

This is a public health code violation for which citizens are not typically arrested and taken to jail.

I believe they were arrested only after disregarding the deficiency notices and County orders to correct the problem-- most likely stemming from an improperly built or maintained septic system.

A quick search of Polk County community services, it's evident there are sufficient programs available to assist parties such as the arrested for public assistance including but not limited to Septic Upgrade Incentive Program, providing up to $10K of septic services, Polk Cares, HUD grants, etc. for those that take the initiative to apply.

Also, given their reportedly lifetime residency in Frostproof, I think it's fair to question if these residents did not previously receive assistance from such programs and abused the system and/or did not properly maintain it.

In my experience living in America, there's a distinct difference between poverty and non-compliance. MOO

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

ETA: From another link

Wiggins Sr. is charged with two counts of nuisance injurious to health, unpermitted landfill, unlawful storage, used waste tires, failure to report found property, unlawful use of dairy case and failure to sign a citation, according to records provided by the sheriff’s office.

IMO, unlawful storage of wasted tires and failure to sign a citation is what gets you arrested and has nothing to do with poverty.

4 arrests made at compound of alleged Frostproof triple murder gunman TJ Wiggins

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

PLEASE stop arguing about what may or may not be posted. Instead, always contact a moderator to ask these questions. Arguing about this on the thread derails the thread and is disruptive. Though your intentions may be good, it does not belong on the thread. If you see a post that is questionable, send an alert/report and moderators will consider carefully if that post should be removed or not. YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR ALERT/REPORT. Moderators do not have the luxury of time to reply to the senders of alerts/reports. If your post is removed for a TOS violation, most often you WILL be notified of that action and why. However, with hundreds of alerts/reports every day, there are times when mods are not able to inform about every post that is removed. If you have a question about a specific post, PM a mod and they will try to respond ASAP. Please remember that moderators are volunteers with other responsibilities IRL and do their best to address all inquiries, but it often takes a day or so to get to all of the demands.

That said, victims MAY be sleuthed as that background info is part of the victimology of the crime. IT DOES NOT MEAN THE VICTIM IS BEING BLAMED OR BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIME. Members may choose to scroll past that info, but may not argue that it should or should not be posted since it is not a violation of TOS as long as it comes from a MSM or LE source. If the discussion turns toward outright BLAMING victims, the thread may be closed down to clean up such posts, as well as replies that argue about them.

Also, people who are family members of the suspects MAY NOT be sleuthed unless they are named as suspects or POIs of this same crime. Any legal action family members are involved with is not for this thread unless it is part of this specific crime. Otherwise, such info is off the table here on the thread.

Please continue your efforts to post as respectful and responsible members of Websleuths. We appreciate your contributions.

CocoChanel

Anyone know what this charge means? It’s on Robert. I googled but all that came up was about deportation????

Attachments

• 8B919062-F297-42FF-94BF-26E35003F77C.png
    8B919062-F297-42FF-94BF-26E35003F77C.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
Anyone know what this charge means? It’s on Robert. I googled but all that came up was about deportation????
It probably means if he's released by the current holding agency there is another agency that will take him into custody on different charges.
I saw similar language when a relative of mine bailed his son out of X county jail, but when they released him, county Y was there to take him into custody.

Edit:
I just look at this again, and I was wrong above. I believe GPS is General Population Segregation (again an issue the person I mentioned above was subject to because he wasn't well behaved in custody).

It probably means if he's released by the current holding agency there is another agency that will take him into custody on different charges.
I saw similar language when a relative of mine bailed his son out of X county jail, but when they released him, county Y was there to take him into custody.

Edit:
I just look at this again, and I was wrong above. I believe GPS is General Population Segregation (again an issue the person I mentioned above was subject to because he wasn't well behaved in custody).

could it be a safety issue if he’s a “snitch”??

I believe he was looking at charges somewhere else but I’m not sure if it was here in Highlands county or somewhere else. He was looking at doing time and going to “run”. Maybe that’s what it’s about.

Edit:
I think your first part was correct; that's how I've always seen it used in Florida.

Details emerge in Frostproof triple homicide that left 3 longtime friends dead

July 27, 2020

Wiggins said he drove his brother to Lake Streety, along with Mary Clare Whittemore, 27, after hearing that Springfield was meeting friends there to go fishing. He said as they pulled up on the three friends, where Tillman was in one truck and Springfield and Rollins were in another, and he witnessed the gunfire, according to the affidavits.

One bullet hit Rollins in the left shoulder and another in the area of his left collarbone, detectives stated, referencing an autopsy. The third bullet hit his right firearm, also striking the fingertips on his right hand. Dr. Stephen Nelson, who conducted the autopsy, recovered one projectile from Rollins’ lower back.

Springfield was shot twice – once in the neck and once in the head, the arrest affidavits state. Both bullets passed straight through his body.

Tillman, whom Robert Wiggins said was the last to be shot, was hit three times in the chest and once in the right arm, according to the affidavits.

[..]

As the investigation continued, detectives discovered the bullet casings found at the scene matched casings found where T.J. Wiggins and Whittemore, his girlfriend, were living.

The elder Wiggins is facing three counts of first-degree murder and is being held in custody without bail. His brother and Whittemore each have been arrested on allegations of accessory after the fact to a capital felony, and remain in the Polk County Jail on $46,000 bail and $45,000 bail, respectively.

All three and other family members were staying in campers at a compound along Sarver Avenue, a pothole-laden clay road west of Frostproof.

They were living off the grid, with no water or sewer service and generators to power the campers. Neighbors said the family has been living there a couple of months.

It appears to me that RW has an outstanding warrant in another county (i.e., hold from another agency) and is not to be released.

I remembered that after I posted. He was planning on leaving the state right before this happened so he didn’t have to serve time for that charge. Guess that bit him in the butt since he will be doing a lot more time for these current charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288