TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

Maybe that is why we both feel like something is off. If you have ever driven that road, you know what I am talking about. I will try to listen again and pay better attention.

One thing that comes to mind is the comment about not knowing any "Mexicans" in his neighborhood. His neighborhood is almost all Hispanics.......In fact, San Angelo has a very large Hispanic population so I found that odd.

Second, who has to go all the way back to San Angelo to get their child something to eat at like 3AM??? Shouldn't that child have been sound asleep in a car seat or something? Stripes had food and an ATM...why go all the way back to San Angelo for food and money then return to Bronte to get gas in the can. Why go in the first place if you don't have money for gas?

I am not so sure he is close by. I think there is a very good likelihood he was taken from the area and killed somewhere else. I am 100% convinced I hear a second voice on the 911 call.
At the very least I can answer as to how he had money to purchase food and gas. He had been waiting on a check to clear and deposit into his account. It hadn’t cleared when he first arrived at the truck but had by the time he left to make his purchases.

He describes returning to his bank in San Angelo at 12:20 in the interview. It is unclear whether this is the only branch from which he could have withdrawn the money.

I agree with the comments about Mexican neighbors and such. If you’ve lived there for any amount of time, you have lived next to or know someone who is Mexican. And especially if you have worked (or know someone who has worked) in the oil fields around there. I don’t mean that to sound stereotypical or anything of the sort, I’m just speaking from experience.

I’m not positive about a second person being heard on the 911 call. I can’t say there is not someone else there, but it sounds to me more like Brandon’s voice changing due to being out of breath and/or his mouth being further away from the cell phone. Or something similar. But I’m going to try hard to find time to listen to the podcast again.

I am still almost certain that the “gunshots” some people claim to hear at the end of the call are actually the sound of a vehicle (not sure what type) going across the bridge. That sound is pretty memorable if you’ve ever driven across those “bumps” a fair amount of times. I listened to the 911 call before reading any speculations about it and I immediately thought of the bridge.

I go back and forth on what I think ultimately happened to Brandon. Part of me says he met with foul play and could be some place else - although I do believe he is in Texas - and the other part of me thinks a terrible accident happened out there and he’s close by.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe he’s still alive. And that makes me sad... especially for his children. :(

lawyer_sleuth. fantastic! TY for compiling that. I am going to follow the links provided and listen for myself.

Did you come across anything about Audrey and being put in mental ward/psychiatric hospital shortly after this happened?

I want to say, if Brandon had been 'clean' for six months and then did 'just a bit of meth', it very well could have flipped him out, panicked him, confused his mind or whatever you want to call it.

I've seen this first hand with friends/family. It's scary and upsetting. They crave the meth. Get clean. Get a hit and it's like, in their brain, taking the 6 months 'missed' all at once. I watched a good friend go through this, he got clean again, had the urge, had a hit, went to the barn and ended his life.

I still think he is there and I think he fell down 'deep'. I don't know if there are places like that there.

If Brandon was paranoid about troopers, cops, Mexicans(or whoever) chasing him, he hides from his brother, stating he can see them at the truck, Brandon, imo, will NOT be hitchhiking or getting into a vehicle(voluntarily).

On the Help Find Brandon Lawson FB page:

We are currently planning a zoom meeting for August 9th 2020 @ 7pm CT. As many of you know August 9th will mark 7 years since Brandon disappeared. We would like as many of our followers as possible to attend. We will provide the link on how to attend as the date gets closer. Thank all of you for your amazing support in our quest to bring Brandon back home!!!!

<modsnip: rumor>
As you Nannymo do not feel as thou Brandon is in the area ....

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>
As someone who has driven that road many, many times.......I can tell you. The very first thing you do when leaving San Angelo is check to make sure you have enough gas to get out of town a ways because there is only one station between San Angelo and Abilene on 277 and that is in Bronte. If you go the other way through Ballinger, there are a few more places, but most are not open late at night.

I have always felt Brandon left San Angelo in a hurry. Yes he was arguing with Ladessa, planned to go to Ft. Worth (which by the way is closer to a 4-5 hour drive. It is 90 miles to Abilene and another 150-200 to Dallas Ft/Worth area). No one leaves for a trip like that at midnight without getting gas. There are several convenience stores with gas as you head out of San Angelo. NO REASON NOT TO STOP! Unless someone is chasing you!

I have always suspected something went down in San Angelo and he ran. Decided to get out of town at the last minute. I can't imagine someone chasing someone that far, but it does make sense from the 911 call. "Some guys were chasing us". I think someone he knew (drug deal gone bad probably) chased him out of San Angelo, caught up with him when he ran out of gas. He had nowhere to go but the field and they caught up with him, took him in the car and murdered him possibly there or somewhere else. I think he could possibly be on one of the back roads between Bronte and San Angelo myself, or possibly south of San Angelo closer to Mexico, but all MOO!

The drug dealers run Highway 277 all the time from Mexico up to northern states. Highway 277 runs from Mexico to Canada.

I just think that the area he went missing in is too populated to not have been found by now. I could be wrong, but I just feel he was overpowered and removed from the area. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
You brought up another point that has hung in my mind ...
"Some guys were chasing US ..." and believe their was reference to we as well have no proof but always felt that Brandon may have not been alone.

Yes I recall you travel the road frequently to visit relatives and yes totally agree very bizarre for someone to embark on a 4-5 hour trip esp driving a long rural road without fueling up first. Unless your in a hurry to get out from where your at in an heighten panic mode. Read up on the drug activity in the area esp on Hwy 277 and interesting enough north San Angelo and Bronte.

Have not listened to the call in awhile ... need a refresh.

You brought up another point that has hung in my mind ...
"Some guys were chasing US ..." and believe their was reference to we as well have no proof but always felt that Brandon may have not been alone.

Yes I recall you travel the road frequently to visit relatives and yes totally agree very bizarre for someone to embark on a 4-5 hour trip esp driving a long rural road without fueling up first. Unless your in a hurry to get out from where your at in an heighten panic mode. Read up on the drug activity in the area esp on Hwy 277 and interesting enough north San Angelo and Bronte.

Have not listened to the call in awhile ... need a refresh.

For some reason I always thought his dad’s place was only about an hour away. I didn’t realize it was so far.

For some reason I always thought his dad’s place was only about an hour away. I didn’t realize it was so far.

From what I recall believe he lived south of Ft Worth. Hwy 277 appears to be fastest route to the interstate, however Hwy 67 and Hwy 377 seems to be the faster route to South of Ft Worth. If its a 2 lane road with lots of small towns with varying speed limits it may not be the greatest route to take

I-20 is a faster route to the DFW area. 67 is mostly 2 lane and lots of small towns. Especially late at night 67 would be slower.

As for the WE and US....I always thought he might have been referring to the "guys chasing him"? I agree someone could have been with him, but feel if it was a friend they would have taken him also and he would be missing. With this case, one never knows. I would believe almost anything, but some of Kyle's story just doesn't "ring" right with me. I still think we are missing a lot of details that some people aren't giving up. (Which is fine with me. I don't have to know everything....just wish we could figure out what happened to him.)

Yes indeed Nannymo still several holes in the stories .... as you feel as thou Brandon was taken somewhere else and his not in the area. Do not believe he took off on his own accord that never held a lot of water with me. Either he was chased or he actually came upon something "wrong place wrong time".

I think "the guys chasing him through the woods" took him. Could have killed him first or later. Not sure. I just feel there were several people out there and he was taken somewhere else and disposed of his body. I don't think he took off on his own. MOO

I just have a general question for you all. Does anyone have a car that will charge their cell phone if the car is not running?

It depends on the vehicle, engine/battery etc. Trucks and vans sometimes have the same engines
My GMC Sierra charged my phone while off, my gmc terrain does not, it also has a smaller engine and battery :)

It depends on the vehicle, engine/battery etc. Trucks and vans sometimes have the same engines
My GMC Sierra charged my phone while off, my gmc terrain does not, it also has a smaller engine and battery :)

Good question....this was discussed I think in the earlier threads about their van charging when the car wasn't running. I believe it was determined to be a vehicle that charged when the engine wasn't running it I remember correctly.

Good question....this was discussed I think in the earlier threads about their van charging when the car wasn't running. I believe it was determined to be a vehicle that charged when the engine wasn't running it I remember correctly.
That is correct

I-20 is a faster route to the DFW area. 67 is mostly 2 lane and lots of small towns. Especially late at night 67 would be slower.

As for the WE and US....I always thought he might have been referring to the "guys chasing him"? I agree someone could have been with him, but feel if it was a friend they would have taken him also and he would be missing. With this case, one never knows. I would believe almost anything, but some of Kyle's story just doesn't "ring" right with me. I still think we are missing a lot of details that some people aren't giving up. (Which is fine with me. I don't have to know everything....just wish we could figure out what happened to him.)
I agree w you about the story not ringing right. I understand he has 4 kids he lives, supposedly cleaned up off drugs. That said could it be he got involved with the drug crowd again and they killed him? There’s not a lot of scenarios in my opinion. Middle of nowhere, people chasing you said on a 81- tape, you disappear. It didn’t end well. This is my own speculation but someone close to him has to know more than they’ve said.

I can't figure out who the guy with Brandon is. I don't see how it could be Kyle or Chris. No one else that I've been able to find was reported missing around the same time. Did the other man get away and never say anything to anyone, leaving an injured Brandon behind? Listening to another YT of the 911 call, it is pointed out that when the dispatcher nurse asks, "now run that by me again", just before Brandon speaks, the 2nd person says, "get up". It's the first time I heard it. After the dispatcher says the first "hello?" at the end, one of the 2 men says, "crap" very softly and of course the "help me" after being asked a 3rd time is well known. I feel like that muffled noise that some believe is a car being driven over a bridge may be nothing more than the tape being further "edited" by whoever messed with it in the first place. It sounds like white noise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back