FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirimar police officially announce they are looking for Leila:

Miramar Police Department (Official)
13m ·
Update: Detectives are actively searching for Leila Cavett (pictured adult), who may be the mother of the child found yesterday. We are concerned for her safety and well-being. She was last seen driving a white Chevy 3500 (mid-to-late 90s model), with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to contact the Miramar Police Department at (954) 602-4000 (press 0 for communications). #MiramarPD #PleaseShare

Miramar Police Department (Official)

This truck is commonly known as a “dually” due to the back tires. Usually used on farms.

A few thoughts about the case, it seemed by all accounts that she sold various items online at different times in the past 3 or 4 months. One being a 2004 compact car she was looking to trade in for an Suv. Not sure what came of that but we knew she ended up having a large Chevy 3500. Now the sheer gas needed to drive such a truck to the location would require multiple stops. Unless she was looking to sell it which I wouldnt think is the case and no recorded of it, something nefarious has to of happend.

But it still make me think, the travel regardless to that area would of left a trail of receipts operating the vehicle. Also to mention the kid was fed along the way. Until a hard timeline is given of when she had left, its going to be hard to pin point.

The family seems to have a bit of a strained relationship. She isn’t friends with her sisters on FB and none of her siblings like any of her FB photos. Just something I noticed.

ETA: She is friends with one sister but no interaction on social media.

Last edited:
Google:
Dawsonville, Georgia to Miramar, Florida:

10 h 34 min(708.3 mi)
via I-75 S and Florida's Turnpike

—-

Mapquest:

via I-75 S to FL-91 S
10hr 14min
708mi

EST. FUEL COST: $39.90

1. Start out going east on Highway 9/GA-53/GA-9 toward Bernard Long St
    Then 0.06 miles
  2. Turn slight right onto Highway 53/GA-53.
    1. Highway 53 is just past Gober Sosebee St
      Then 6.43 miles

3. Turn slight right toward Cumming.

Then 0.06 miles

4. Turn slight right onto Highway 400.

Then 0.22 miles

5. Stay straight to go onto Highway 400/US-19 S/GA-400. Continue to follow US-19 S.

Then 37.50 miles

6. Stay straight to go onto GA-400 S.

Then 7.01 miles

7. Stay straight to go onto I-85 S/GA-403 S.

Then 10.37 miles

8. Keep left to take I-75 S/GA-401 S toward Macon/International.

Then 64.78 miles

9. Keep right to take I-475 S/GA-408 S via EXIT 177 toward I-75 S/Valdosta.

Then 15.59 miles

10. Merge onto I-75 S via the exit on the left(Crossing into Florida).

Then 299.94 miles

11. Keep left to take FL-91 S via EXIT 328toward Orlando (Portions toll).

Then 218.73 miles

12. Take Florida's Turnpike (Portions toll).

Then 30.50 miles

13. Stay straight to go onto Ronald Reagan Turnpike/FL-91 S. Continue to follow FL-91 S (Portions toll).

Then 11.71 miles

14. Merge onto Florida's Turnpike/FL-821 Stoward Homestead (Portions toll).

Then 3.86 miles

15. Take the FL-823/NW 57 Ave/Red Roadexit, EXIT 43.

Then 0.46 miles

16. Turn slight right onto Red Rd/FL-823.

Then 1.01 miles
  17. finish.png

Miramar, Broward County, FL, US, Welcome to MIRAMAR, FL.
Love that you provided us with the exact directions, especially for those who doesn’t actually do any of the work of figuring these things out, but only read what others have said (aka my husband, if he followed this forum....inserting eye roll emoji). Thank you for doing this.

The estimated fuel cost for a 2003 F350 Power Stroke, dually is roughly $138.99+/-, depending on many factors. IMO.

If she did drive it there, how did she pay for gas? Did LC have a job to pay for the gas? I have so many questions.

For now I’m holding out hope that she will miraculously be found alive, that she didn’t abandon her son, and that there will be a happy ending to this odd and potentially terrifying case.

Last edited:
Gosh, I didn't realize that Leila is only 20 years old.

I am wondering.
Kamdyn was found wandering the street on Sunday morning, yesterday.
Leila had been missing a few days....we don't know how many days.
So Leila and Kamdyn were together from then until yesterday morning?
I'm just thinking, if Leila had been carjacked or abducted "a few days ago" from Georgia or wherever, was Kamdyn with her, and released only yesterday?
Or did Leila actually drive herself all the way to Miramar for whatever reason, and was abducted there maybe Sunday? (IF abducted)
I'm trying to picture a scenario. I doubt Kamdyn was on the streets longer than yesterday, (Sat night at the earliest if he found a cubby hole and slept)....someone would have seen him I expect.
He also didn't appear to be traumatized or afraid.
I think the best thing about this case thus far is the fact that he didn't appear to be traumatized or afraid, when he was found (& obviously that he was found alive, unscathed!). Give God some praise for that! MOO.

Last edited:
Love that you provided us with the exact directions, especially for those who doesn’t actually do any of the work of figuring these things out, but only read what others have said (aka my husband, if he followed this forum....inserting eye roll emoji). Thank you for doing this.

The estimated fuel cost for a 2003 F350 Power Stroke, dually is roughly $138.99+/-, depending on many factors. IMO.

If she did drive it there, how did she pay for gas? Did LC have a job to pay for the gas? I have so many questions.

For now I’m holding out hope that she will miraculously be found alive, that she didn’t abandon her son, and that there will be a happy ending to this odd and potentially terrifying case.

Does it matter that it's not an F350, it's a Chevy 3500? Probably about the same file/mileage? I'm out of touch on my trucks.

Google:
Dawsonville, Georgia to Miramar, Florida:

10 h 34 min(708.3 mi)
via I-75 S and Florida's Turnpike

—-

Mapquest:

via I-75 S to FL-91 S
10hr 14min
708mi

EST. FUEL COST: $39.90

1. Start out going east on Highway 9/GA-53/GA-9 toward Bernard Long St
    Then 0.06 miles
  2. Turn slight right onto Highway 53/GA-53.
      Then 6.43 miles

3. Turn slight right toward Cumming.

Then 0.06 miles

4. Turn slight right onto Highway 400.

Then 0.22 miles

5. Stay straight to go onto Highway 400/US-19 S/GA-400. Continue to follow US-19 S.

Then 37.50 miles

6. Stay straight to go onto GA-400 S.

Then 7.01 miles

7. Stay straight to go onto I-85 S/GA-403 S.

Then 10.37 miles

8. Keep left to take I-75 S/GA-401 S toward Macon/International.

Then 64.78 miles

9. Keep right to take I-475 S/GA-408 S via EXIT 177 toward I-75 S/Valdosta.

Then 15.59 miles

10. Merge onto I-75 S via the exit on the left(Crossing into Florida).

Then 299.94 miles

11. Keep left to take FL-91 S via EXIT 328toward Orlando (Portions toll).

Then 218.73 miles

12. Take Florida's Turnpike (Portions toll).

Then 30.50 miles

13. Stay straight to go onto Ronald Reagan Turnpike/FL-91 S. Continue to follow FL-91 S (Portions toll).

Then 11.71 miles

14. Merge onto Florida's Turnpike/FL-821 Stoward Homestead (Portions toll).

Then 3.86 miles

15. Take the FL-823/NW 57 Ave/Red Roadexit, EXIT 43.

Then 0.46 miles

16. Turn slight right onto Red Rd/FL-823.

Then 1.01 miles
  17. finish.png

Miramar, Broward County, FL, US, Welcome to MIRAMAR, FL.
That fuel cost isn't a vehicle that may get 10 miles to the gallon. moo

Couple things here, but I like your positivity!

I wonder if the boy was set free or simply wandered off or escaped when he was able to. I realize a 2 year old would not be particularly cognizant of a need to escape a dangerous scenario, but kids always amaze me and you never know.

That being said, if you are right that he was set free, I wonder if the perp here could be a woman? I tend to think a woman might be more sensitive to the life of this child? Of course, another angle is a man who wanted custody of the child. Who knows, I am all over the board because there are so many ways this could play out!

Also, real question, would DNA be needed to return the child to his immediate family? I guess that would make sense.
He might be able say some words that would identify his family ie Grandma, auntie, or something. Maybe even run to them.

What if she DID go to meet someone in Florida to buy something (or trade something or even sell something for extra money)? Maybe she told her son she will be right back and left to go meet someone (maybe in an apartment, etc.).

Maybe she did that so they WOULDN'T know she had a child. Maybe it was going to be really quick (if it was a quick trade or to sell something really quick for money) and she thought she would be RIGHT back to her son. But also maybe she just didn't want to have her son with her meeting a stranger and she figured he would be fine left in her vehicle for only a few minutes until she got back. Then she NEVER came back after visiting that someone (whom she may have met online) in their house. Maybe they did something to her in their house.

What IF the person she was meeting in Florida didn't know she had a child? What IF once she didn't come back the child got out of her vehicle and just started walking because he didn't know where she was and that was when the authorities found him aimlessly walking around. That would also explain him being calm MAYBE. Maybe the child DID think his mom would be RIGHT back. If that was the case he wouldn't have seen her get kidnapped or anything like that. She just wouldn't have come back. He may have been a GREAT distance also from where his mom left him. Maybe she went around the corner or something to meet someone at their apartment or something. MAYBE whomever she was talking to THEN took her vehicle and dumped it. But of course all that time they didn't know she had a child (because by this time the child was gone and aimlessly walking around in a different location).

Just thinking OUT of the box as to why they can't find her vehicle. Or maybe her vehicle is somewhere and they just haven't found it yet. I know I tend to think WAY OUT of the box. Just all ASSUMPTIONS on what MIGHT have happened. I would think if she had had an accident or had been kidnapped in front of the child he would have seemed upset and I would think the authorities would know by now.

I would also think if this was a person CLOSE to her (a person who COULD have kidnapped her) they would of course KNOW she has a child. In that case they would KNOW the child could identify them. So I would THINK they wouldn't have let the child go. But all assumptions on MY part. Of course if the authorities DO know more (which they most likely do--and are probably not telling us if they do so they can investigate) they are of course looking into ALL possibilities and trying to find her AND her vehicle.

Still wouldn't explain HOW he got out of her vehicle if that IS what happened especially if it has child safe locks on it. I would think they would have found her truck by now also. Maybe she was going to trade her truck for a smaller vehicle or something. But all this is REALLY hard to figure out. Hard to figure out WHERE she could be.

Last edited:
A few thoughts about the case, it seemed by all accounts that she sold various items online at different times in the past 3 or 4 months. One being a 2004 compact car she was looking to trade in for an Suv. Not sure what came of that but we knew she ended up having a large Chevy 3500. Now the sheer gas needed to drive such a truck to the location would require multiple stops. Unless she was looking to sell it which I wouldnt think is the case and no recorded of it, something nefarious has to of happend.

But it still make me think, the travel regardless to that area would of left a trail of receipts operating the vehicle. Also to mention the kid was fed along the way. Until a hard timeline is given of when she had left, its going to be hard to pin point.

You are SO RIGHT. I would think SOMEONE had to have seen the mom and boy if they had stopped to get gas AND to get food on the way down. If he was still in diapers then they wouldn't have had to stop for him to go potty I would assume. They could have went through drive through on the way down. They still would have had to gotten gas especially in a vehicle that large.

Hopefully someone will speak up (that MAY HAVE seen the two of them) and let the authorities know.

Then if someone saw them then they will be able (once they pin point the exact gas stations they went to and/or restaurants if they WERE seen) to possibly look at video cameras and possibly get a time line (in that general area of where they were at) of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine