Identified! UK - London Bridge Station, 25-35, Alias "FRASER WILLIAM", Canadian accent, Mar'20 - Fraser Moore

wow, my neck of the woods then...that's strange because honestly the MP he looked most like imo was Marshal Iwaasa, missing in AB/BC, but I didn't bring that up because if you know the details of Marshal's case it's highly highly unlikely. I hope they will release a name!
psst...can someone please give me the name of the Facebook page we are referencing here?

When I looked into Canada's Missing, I saw a picture of Marshal Iwaasa and thought oh my god, is this the guy we are looking for but the tattoos didn't seem to match but they do seem to have an uncanny resemblance.

Very sad, he seemed like a cool guy. I wonder if his identity will be released soon.

Also, about the person on Al Ka's page. I was a little skeptical about their statement as they were from Washington and not Canada. And they also said he was from BC, not Toronto. They also looked a little older than Fraser.

I knew Fraser pretty well. He was from Toronto, like myself. Very sad for friends and family to hear of his passing so long after he died. Also very difficult to repatriate his body..
Hi Sarah, sorry you lost your friend in such a horrible way.

It's strange on this site, we sometimes feel sort of close to the person ourselves. Especially in this case, where we were trying to identify and know him better from his body art. I bet he was a real character.

Where did the photos of him on the train come from, ?
I think someone had their phone out and he was caught in a selfie. Or maybe someone thought he was acting strange and took a photo of him. I don't think it came from security camera - it doesn't look like it, even though it's clearly zoomed in.

I think someone had their phone out and he was caught in a selfie. Or maybe someone thought he was acting strange and took a photo of him. I don't think it came from security camera - it doesn't look like it, even though it's clearly zoomed in.

So was the deceased actually called Fraser Williams after all?

I agree with you regarding the photo. It looks like someone was trying to get an image of him surreptitiously between the seats because he was either acting strange or making them nervous.

I know he's been identified now, but I remembered seeing the photos of him on the train when I was looking up other Does. His name was Fraser William Moore and he was 25 years old.

There was a recent inquest into his death. Poor guy:
I never would have guessed there was any police negligence involved in Fraser's death but that's what it is looking like. I hope those involved get fired and charged.

1676830022493.png
"This is the first picture of an “ambitious and hopeful” tourist who was wrongfully handcuffed and chased to his death at London Bridge station just hours after arriving in London.
A critical inquest concluded that Fraser Moore, 25, died on a live rail at London Bridge train station after being unjustifiably handcuffed and wrongfully arrested by British Transport Police (BTP) officers.

The Canadian music producer was suffering a mental health crisis and had been incorrectly accused of exposing himself by a Met call handler when he was detained as his train pulled into London Bridge station in the early hours of March 25 2020.

Topless but wearing three pairs of trousers he was being spoken to by two off-duty Met officers for 20 minutes and who told his inquest they expected the non-violent Mr Moore to be taken to hospital after he was heard shouting incoherent things on the carriage.''

''His family said he had travelled to London to further his career in the music industry. He had been in the capital less than 24 hours at the time of his death.''

“The Met officers had offered to bring him to a hospital, get him care. The BTP officers instead ‘spooked’ him.''

There needs to be better education about mental health issues for everyone dealing with other human beings in their job.
Sometimes they just assume someone is on drugs when the person is having a full-blown anxiety attack or similar.
Just horrible behaviour and I hope they are sacked and lessons are learned.

There needs to be better education about mental health issues for everyone dealing with other human beings in their job.
Sometimes they just assume someone is on drugs when the person is having a full-blown anxiety attack or similar.
Just horrible behaviour and I hope they are sacked and lessons are learned.
Id say even if a person was obviously on drugs, they still need to be handled as gentle as possible in that situation and detained in a non traumatizing manner.

Poor guy. Was his mental health bad before he left? Or was this episode triggered by something? I mean he must have traveled to the UK without any issues.

By Callum Cuddeford 11 DEC 2023
''The death of a music producer who hurled himself onto the tracks at London Bridge station while being chased by BTP cops has prompted calls for a CCTV upgrade. Fraser Moore died on a live rail at the South London railway station after being unjustifiably handcuffed and wrongfully arrested by British Transport Police officers, a jury inquest concluded last year.''

Dr Morris wrote: "On a risk-based review, the chances of incidents happening in a busy cosmopolitan station must, by footfall and surrounding populations alone, increase the risk of an event.''

"I do not consider that I have received sufficient evidence to persuade me that the footages should not be available immediately to the Route Control Rooms or that the coverage should not extend up or down line beyond the end of the platforms.

"In my opinion action should be taken to look into both the extension of CCTV in busy cosmopolitan station and its passage to Route Control to help prevent future deaths and I believe you have the power to take such action."

Mr Moore's sister, Kirstyn De Vries, described her brother as a 'hopeful person' with 'strong ambition' and 'adventurous and entrepreneurial nature' who was arrested for a crime he never committed and died 'terribly and suddenly'.

What a terrible mess the BTP made of this situation. It's heartbreaking that this young man was treated kindly by the off-duty Met officers then so badly by the BTP. Handcuffing him without even speaking to anyone first (especially two off duty officers!) That's bonkers.

This reminds me of Andrei's case, I will never understand how he was allowed to go on his way after he had put himself on the tracks at Oval station:

In both of these cases, the right approach and support could have made all the difference to these two young men - the difference between life and death.

R.I.P. Fraser

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back