GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) - In an attempt to get answers, the mother of a missing Northern Kentucky teenager said she plans to declare her deceased.

Paige Johnson was last seen on September 23, 2010 when a friend of hers, Jacob Bumpass, said he dropped her off at 15th and Scott Streets in Covington. However, despite search efforts, Paige hasn't been seen or heard from since that day.

Johnson believes Bumpass knows where her baby is located, but he's not talking.

To get Bumpasss to open up, Johnson's attorney Eric Deters is going to sue Bumpass, but first, Paige must be declared deceased.

Donna Johnson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Bumpass, but he pleaded the fifth amendment as it was a civil case (versus criminal case); to this day Bumpass won't say a word what happened.

Paige Johnson's mother to declare missing teenager deceased

Trying to further break down partially cremated remains, animal activity, accidental impact from hunters' ATVs, adolescent vandalism... Probably lots more.

I would even wonder if it could be claimed the skull was burned from any wild fires that happened in that area over the past 10 years? Though I think it's pretty likely someone tried to dispose of evidence.

"Police said a friend claimed he dropped her off near the corner of East 15th Street and Scott Boulevard in Covington after they both attended a party.

“Actually a really awful, dodgy corner,” Franks previously told WCPO, “but his phone never pinged there. It pinged in East Fork Lake, so we have some interest going on there.”
Paige Johnson's remains found: What we know about the case of the NKY teen who went missing in 2010

ETA: "Human remains were found Sunday morning near Williamsburg Township in Clermont County, near East Fork State Park."
Paige Johnson’s remains found nearly 10 years after she disappeared

Assuming East Fork Lake refers to the lake where East Fork state park is, which is where the skull was found. Somebody has some explaining to do.

Last edited:
The article said the remains were found like a mile from the actual tower that Bumpass's phone pinged to that morning. He's going to be pretty hard pressed to explain why he was there but the explanation is going to be "she died, I was scared so I left her there" and he'll get a light sentence.

The article said the remains were found like a mile from the actual tower that Bumpass's phone pinged to that morning. He's going to be pretty hard pressed to explain why he was there but the explanation is going to be "she died, I was scared so I left her there" and he'll get a light sentence.
Though if he burned her remains, he did more than just leave her there. He'd at least get charged with desecration, tampering, something. And if they find bullet or knife marks on the skeletal remains, or even a bullet itself, he won't be able to claim she just overdosed or something. I wonder if they can tell if an accelerant was used?

I think that the circumstantial evidence against him is so overwhelming that a jury/judge would see right thru that. He might not get life, but it won’t be light. Mo His only hope is to cop a plea & throw the accomplice- if there was one- under the bus.

I think that the circumstantial evidence against him is so overwhelming that a jury/judge would see right thru that. He might not get life, but it won’t be light. Mo His only hope is to cop a plea & throw the accomplice- if there was one- under the bus.
We lived in Northern Kentucky when this young girl went missing. IIRC, Paige was over at Bumpass' house, and they were drinking. She called her sister and told her that she had something to tell her. I was under the impression that she couldn't tell her then because Bumpass was in the room. I thought that he might have forced himself on her. This is just my speculation.

I think that she was a minor, and he was in his 20's and already had been in trouble and may have been on probation at the time. I think, because of what he did, he felt that he had to "shut her up."

He may have told her that he would give her a ride home and instead took her to the place where he killed her.

I think that someone said that his brother and he were seen thoroughly cleaning his car; and that was very unusual because their cars were usually really messy.

It was so long ago that some of my memory may be off, but that is what I remember. I never thought that she ran off. I always thought that it was Bumpass. I am so glad that this young girl was found.

Even though she may have been troubled, she was young and had plenty of time to turn her life around given the chance. She just wasn't given the chance. Very sad.

Whether he killed her, or she died from other causes, it seems pretty clear (in a circumstantial sense) that he's involved in her disappearance.

I read several places that she didn't have a phone, but used FB messenger to contact sis. Still not sure how sis was wearing the hoodie PJ had on that night, the next weekend.

The fire pit may be able to be dug up? Forensics have evolved a ton. The vehicles all re-examined. The super cleanup job, talk of red paint, the gloves and red not-blood in the sink at his house.

The BF that she was planning to move in with, wasn't there?

That area must be vast. Ten years of searching and other activities before she is stumbled upon. Makes you realise just how hard it is too find people lost.
Glad Paige is home
I agree. I seem to remember that they searched that area quite a bit because they knew that his phone pinged in that area, but they were unable to find her.

As on post 733 here, the area is nowhere near where searches would have been. Cell towers in rural areas are far enough apart that a phone may not ping multiple towers, so there's no triangulation. Tie a 2 mile string on the tower, and run it out, make a circle, and search everything in it, is the closest I can compare.
خرائط ‪Google

I researched cell towers, and the only one IN the park, that's SW of her remains, is pinned on this: (I think)
‬‏‏خرائط ‪Google

Easy to get to from Florence
‬‏‏[URL="https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Florence,+KY/Batavia,+OH+45103/@39.0523014,-84.2463109,12z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x8841c64fb0230f03:0x4cf0ed5f518f0d26!2m2!1d-84.6266111!2d38.9989499!1m5!1m1!1s0x88411b6ad06428f1:0xd5530ef1160525e!2m2!1d-84.0780137!2d39.0672734"]خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏[/URL]

Last edited:
Man indicted in connection with Paige Johnson's death

BATAVIA, Ohio (WKRC) - A man last seen with missing Northern Kentucky teenager Paige Johnson in 2010 was indicted Tuesday on charges of abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence related to her disappearance.

Jacob Bumpass was taken into custody just before 1 p.m........

Man indicted 10 years after Paige Johnson's mysterious disappearance
Nearly 10 years after her mysterious disappearance, prosecutors have filed charges against the last person to see 17-year-old Paige Johnson alive.

Jacob Bumpass was indicted on charges of abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence in connection to Johnson’s disappearance and death.

Other links:
Man indicted in connection with Paige Johnson’s death, disappearance

Man indicted in connection with Paige Johnson's death

https://twitter.com/Angenette5/status/1288201761761767429 - video from a reporter of Paige's mom Donna speaking at the press conference

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back