Crafts To Do During Covid Restrictions

RaeOx

Sleuthing...
Reaction score
Need a few Hobby/Craft/Things to do Suggestions (Sorry I typo'd the title)

So I'm starting to come at a loss now.
I've near enough binged everything that is of interest to me on tv and subscription services.
I'm completely bored of games consoles for some reason.
And I can't spend all day on my laptop.

But it's starting to get to me to me staring at the same four wall constantly.
Im used to normally being inside my home due to my health which is why its only just starting to really bother me, it's a rarity I get to go out even before the pandemic. I've been out once since March to see my family in their back garden in June when it was allowed but I can't do it again as we have a family funeral coming up so its best to be safe for the next couple of weeks. Plus I've been in an enormous amount of pain recently so getting around is causing an issue without cars.

I need something to keep me preoccupied.
So I've come here in hopes of some of you having some idea's for me? Im open to any possibilities that you suggest to me :)

Need a few Hobby/Craft/Things to do Suggestions (Sorry I typo'd the title)

So I'm starting to come at a loss now.
I've near enough binged everything that is of interest to me on tv and subscription services.
I'm completely bored of games consoles for some reason.
And I can't spend all day on my laptop.

But it's starting to get to me to me staring at the same four wall constantly.
Im used to normally being inside my home due to my health which is why its only just starting to really bother me, it's a rarity I get to go out even before the pandemic. I've been out once since March to see my family in their back garden in June when it was allowed but I can't do it again as we have a family funeral coming up so its best to be safe for the next couple of weeks. Plus I've been in an enormous amount of pain recently so getting around is causing an issue without cars.

I need something to keep me preoccupied.
So I've come here in hopes of some of you having some idea's for me? Im open to any possibilities that you suggest to me :)
Are you crafty at all? Would you be intrested in learning a craft. Maybe a craft involving things you already have in the house. I could suggest a few or point you in directions I have found since I can not be as active as I once was.

Did you know that you can make anything from drawer dividers to furnature from cardboard , paper and elmers glue.
If you're interested ill send you some info , links and pics.

Do you sew? Paint? Embroider even or bead work?
Do you know some little girls who have beloved dolls or stuffed animals that would love some princess garments or flowery headbands with ribbons? Do you like jig saw puzzles? I love that in winter when more home-bound, sorting the pieces on parts of leftover plywood, and a big plywood remnant to lay the puzzle on, listening to some beautiful music and trying to find puzzle pieces. relaxing and satisfying, to me.
But doing stuff for others, absolutely always makes me feel the best.
Get in touch with the social worker in a children's hospital and see if you can make stuff for the kids there, cloth or sock puppets, or doll clothes or silly felt hats for the kids themselves, with feathers and old buttons and ribbons and beads sewn to them, etc etc. ( no glitter cause it falls off in their beds), or stuffed silly critters for in their beds. Sew and craft and then box and mail it to the social worker to distribute. You will make the world a better place, I can tell you from personal experience :)

also masks. Expression masks. "How do you feel today" round face covering masks! With ribbons or elastic behind their head to hold in place.
Or just to play silly theater stories with each other from their beds.

Wow lots of lovely ideas, thank you! :)

I currently don't have any knitting, sewing, crochet skills really, just the odd times I've tried in the past with a friends set of needles and such. But I'd be happy to give it a try.

Paint wise I've not done art in a very long time, it could be something I could possible try again but Im not the best at it. I was more pencils and chalk back in the day.

Oh I would love to write to the elderly, that would definitely make some happy :)

I have several jigsaw's that I've brought and haven't got round to do which I want to complete and frame. I totally forgot about them!

I'll pass the idea of planting on to my partner, I'm not the best with plants as I'm super forgetful, but he loves gardening in all forms including anything indoors too :)

You guys n gals are awesome! I'll need to collect a few things off the internet but these will keep me busy for a while :D
Any more ideas are welcome! I hope all these awesome idea's also help other's stuck with nothing to do too :)
Thanks again all :)

You mentioned binge-watching TV, but do you like "old movies" - AKA classic films? I'm a fan of old movies and make a serious effort to watch at least one movie daily on TCM. Beginning on Saturday, TCM starts their annual "Summer Under the Stars" that features multiple films starring a different actor or actress each day all month long. If you're not into classic movies and want to get started, the month of August offers the opportunity to see various actors/actresses in several films that span their careers. I usually watch a couple of movies daily during "Summer Under the Stars".

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1578966|0/Summer-Under-the-Stars-in-August-.html

Do you have any "adult" coloring books? I ordered several from Barnes & Noble a few years ago. I find coloring to be very relaxing and a great stress reliever. It reminds me of my siblings and I coloring at the kitchen table on rainy days when we couldn't play outdoors. I don't wait for a rainy day and get out my "adult" coloring book and colored pencils whenever I feel the need to focus on something other than COVID or the news :)

Great suggestion BDE !!! Olivia D just passed and her movies should be on TCM soon.....also there are free exercise programs on tv (check your cable provider)....nothing crazy but Yoga, stretching etc...all good for you and get the blood moving

Great suggestion BDE !!! Olivia D just passed and her movies should be on TCM soon.....also there are free exercise programs on tv (check your cable provider)....nothing crazy but Yoga, stretching etc...all good for you and get the blood moving

TCM has changed their original "Summer Under the Stars" schedule, and will honor Olivia de Havilland on Sunday, August 23. That day was originally going to feature Bette Davis films. Olivia and Bette costar in "In This Our Life".

day-23_Olivia.png

6:00 AM The Male Animal (1942)
8:00 AM Princess O'Rourke (1943)
10:00 AM Light in the Piazza (1962)
12:00 PM In This Our Life (1942)
1:45 PM Captain Blood (1935)
4:00 PM Dodge City (1939)
6:00 PM The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
8:00 PM Gone with the Wind (1939)
12:00 AM The Heiress (1949)
2:15 AM To Each His Own (1946)
4:30 AM Hard to Get (1938)

Last edited:
squeeeeeeeeee....In this our Life........THE HEIRESS !!!!!........and for fun kids....Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte shows up randomly on different channels........In This Our Life is really good...if no one has seen it POUNCE ! (As TCM said of The Women)

thank you BDE !!!!

squeeeeeeeeee....In this our Life........THE HEIRESS !!!!!........and for fun kids....Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte shows up randomly on different channels........In This Our Life is really good...if no one has seen it POUNCE ! (As TCM said of The Women)

thank you BDE !!!!

The Heiress is my favorite Olivia de Havilland film. Watching her character evolve and change during the movie is amazing.

Thank you for the newer comments of ideas coming in :) it’s really helping me to figure out what I can do to keep away the boredom.

I’ve started sewing, I’ve brought lots of new books and even thinking of getting a kindle. I’ve even started graphic designing with photoshop! I’m still looking into doing more, my next task is getting some jigsaws in!

I've been making grab and go bags for the kids to pick up at the library since we can no longer do programs inside the building. I'm now going to do the same for our adult patrons. Basically, the trick is coming up with crafts to do with no in-person guidance, and well, I thought that would be great to share here as well. I hope some of you will post your own ideas and crafts.

Because I really don't want to be doing video guides, and my co-workers are not very handy, I'm going to attempt this project through a pictorial guide for adults.

The first picture is the finished product, although there is not yet a pictorial guide for the center star. I will upload the pics in order. All you need are strips of card stock cut lengthwise in 1 cm strips and a small stapler.

Attachments

• IMG_06122020_193511_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_193511_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_06122020_205954_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205954_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_06122020_205944_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205944_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_06122020_205914_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205914_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_06122020_205901_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205901_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_06122020_205849_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205849_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_06122020_205829_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205829_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_06122020_205813_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205813_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_06122020_205800_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06122020_205800_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 58
I've been making grab and go bags for the kids to pick up at the library since we can no longer do programs inside the building. I'm now going to do the same for our adult patrons. Basically, the trick is coming up with crafts to do with no in-person guidance, and well, I thought that would be great to share here as well. I hope some of you will post your own ideas and crafts.

Because I really don't want to be doing video guides, and my co-workers are not very handy, I'm going to attempt this project through a pictorial guide for adults.

The first picture is the finished product, although there is not yet a pictorial guide for the center star. I will upload the pics in order. All you need are strips of card stock cut lengthwise in 1 cm strips and a small stapler.

These are very pretty! It seems like I could figure out how to do it... but I only have card stock in white.

How pretty!!! I bet there’s some foil like gold and silver cardstock somewhere. Holiday colors too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back