Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 *4 arrested* #3

I am a local and I’ve been following this case since the beginning. Here’s what we know:

•Audrey knew those accused of her murder since they were young, they went to middle school and high school together (except the man who was 41, Jesus Ruiz Jr)

•Manuel Rios is accused of killing Jonathan while Audrey watched

•Later on, Manuel, Abraham, Aaron (Audrey’s Ex), and Adeline (Manuel’s girlfriend, they had a baby together after the murders) are accused of killing Audrey

•Eric Rios (Manuel’s brother) and Jesus Ruiz are accused of helping cover up the murders

•Manuel, Adilene, and Abraham were known drug dealers in town

Your theory on motive? Thanks.

Your theory on motive? Thanks.

I believe there are more layers to the story than being told at this time, which makes sense due to the ongoing investigation. The Riverside Sheriff’s Department has worked diligently to uncover the truth. Audrey and Jonathan (and their families) both had good reputations in the community. Just my opinion, perhaps they got involved with something shady due to trusting old friends. It appears that this started with a problem between Manuel and Jonathan. Audrey was a witness to the murder, so Manuel may have rallied his associates to silence Audrey. There were also some bad feelings between Aaron/Jonathan/Audrey which added tension to the conflict. It seems like everyone involved has a connection to Manuel.

My theory is that Jonathan was dabbling in drug dealing to get himself out of financial crisis and he was unable to pay for fronted materials. He was killed and Audrey witnesses it, therefore she needed to be murdered as well. Moo

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I'm sorry for repeating it if that is the case. Do we know how long Audrey and Aaron had been broken up for before meeting/dating Jonathan?

I have a theory formulating in my head based on recent news articles but I don't think it would make sense if they had been broken up for years. And I don't think it really had anything to do with a "lover scorned" situation.

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I'm sorry for repeating it if that is the case. Do we know how long Audrey and Aaron had been broken up for before meeting/dating Jonathan?

I have a theory formulating in my head based on recent news articles but I don't think it would make sense if they had been broken up for years. And I don't think it really had anything to do with a "lover scorned" situation.

I am aware that they dated in 10th grade, which was over 10 years ago. But in Kitty Alvarado’s news segment, she implied that Audrey was dating Aaron at the same time as Jonathan or very recently after Jonathan...so that’s a possibility too.

According to this NBC article dated August 10, 2017 :
“We’ve come to find out through multiple credible sources Jonathan and Audrey were not dating exclusively. While it’s not uncommon or odd sources tell us a man Audrey was dating, whose name we will not yet reveal, was not only questioned by police, but he torched his car after reporting it missing and also had a search warrant served on his home.”

"If somebody is under suspicion for any crime and out of the blue they end up torching their vehicle … that’s very suspicious," he says.

UPDATE: Sources Reveal New Information on Missing Couple

Based on several articles (linking one below for reference, I hope this counts as a credible source), Manuel is the only one charged with the murder of Jonathan. There are 4 charged with the murder of Audrey, along with special circumstances of killing a witness. Manuel is also one of these 4.

There are 2 charged with accessory after the fact.

Man & woman charged in murder of missing couple plead not guilty

Someone posted information about this special circumstance charge - I don't know if it was on here or on reddit but I found the official link and posted herein - explaining that the charge is specifically for a witness to a crime different than the one they were killed during. The article explains that the witness cannot be killed during the same crime that he/she witnessed. Which rules out her being killed for witnessing Jonathan's murder, in my head.
Special Circumstances In Murder Cases
The second example given for this specific circumstance also stands out.

I have always believed that this was drug related but I don't think that Jonathan and/or Audrey were actually involved.
I know there has been a lot of talk about Jonathan potentially getting involved because he was out of a job and about to lose his apartment, but I don't think that was the case.
I unfortunately think that Audrey was the target, and Jonathan was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I think that she was the target solely for having information about these people (this stems mainly from the special circumstance charge), especially knowing one was an ex and the woman was at one point a friend. I think that she may have turned a blind eye to some things that were going on during her time with Aaron, and he (and his friends) wanted to protect themselves once they knew she was moving on by dating someone else.
I am leaning towards this especially knowing there are more people being charged for her than there are for Jonathan.

Based on several articles (linking one below for reference, I hope this counts as a credible source), Manuel is the only one charged with the murder of Jonathan. There are 4 charged with the murder of Audrey, along with special circumstances of killing a witness. Manuel is also one of these 4.

Someone posted information about this special circumstance charge - I don't know if it was on here or on reddit but I found the official link and posted herein - explaining that the charge is specifically for a witness to a crime different than the one they were killed during. The article explains that the witness cannot be killed during the same crime that he/she witnessed. Which rules out her being killed for witnessing Jonathan's murder, in my head.

I have always believed that this was drug related but I don't think that Jonathan and/or Audrey were actually involved.
I know there has been a lot of talk about Jonathan potentially getting involved because he was out of a job and about to lose his apartment, but I don't think that was the case.
I unfortunately think that Audrey was the target, and Jonathan was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I think that she was the target solely for having information about these people (this stems mainly from the special circumstance charge), especially knowing one was an ex and the woman was at one point a friend. I think that she may have turned a blind eye to some things that were going on during her time with Aaron, and he (and his friends) wanted to protect themselves once they knew she was moving on by dating someone else.
I am leaning towards this especially knowing there are more people being charged for her than there are for Jonathan.

it was in the old thread, and it doesn't rule it out.

"“[T]o establish one continuous criminal transaction, the time-lag between the first
and second killing does not matter so much as whether the defendant shows a
common criminal intent toward all the victims upon the initiation of the first
criminal act.
When that criminal intent toward all victims is present, the criminal
transaction does not conclude until the killing of the final victim.” (People v. San
Nicolas (2004) 34 Cal.4th 614, 655 [21 Cal.Rptr.3d 612, 101 P.3d 509].)
HOMICIDE CALCRIM No. 725"

@bears10 said "BBM. So hypothetically, if Jonathan was say, killed during a drug deal while Audrey sat in the car. Then the perps decide "well, now we have to kill her too since she was a witness". Is that considered a continuous transaction? Since there was different intent?"

The DA could certainly justify the charge ... whether it is provable in court is somewhat irrelevant at the moment. Also, news articles are saying she was a witness to his death

Preliminary hearing is on August 24th and will last for two days (estimated), at the Larson Justice Center, live stream online only (exception: the Media). Room 3N. Begins at 8:30am. It’s audio only.

this is possible, but i believe someone else discussed it only being regarding another crime upthread and upon further reading we came to the conclusion that it could have been witness to jonathan's murder.

Three more arrests. Crazy. I’m curious to find out if Aaron was a central figure in this or just a participant. I may go to the prelim, it’s just down the road from me.

I haven’t seen anything about where their remains had been located?
Nope they are not releasing a peep! Please keep us updated if you get any information.

As far as motive I can see a drug related situation. Jonathan needed money as he was out of work and behind in his rent, so he might have been involved from a sales aspect. But I also see another drug related and money motive. With Jonathan needing money would he have been suspected by his killers of being a potential snitch for reward money? Did Jonathan learn some details of these drug related acts and say something about his unease with it to the wrong person? And Audrey was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or they thought Jonathan might have confided in Audrey and they coerced Jonathan to lure her to them with the needing a ride story? Eliminate both of their problems at one location?

As far as motive I can see a drug related situation. Jonathan needed money as he was out of work and behind in his rent, so he might have been involved from a sales aspect. But I also see another drug related and money motive. With Jonathan needing money would he have been suspected by his killers of being a potential snitch for reward money? Did Jonathan learn some details of these drug related acts and say something about his unease with it to the wrong person? And Audrey was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or they thought Jonathan might have confided in Audrey and they coerced Jonathan to lure her to them with the needing a ride story? Eliminate both of their problems at one location?
I like to think of myself as a realist but imo...there is nothing that I've seen in this case to lead me to believe that Jonathan was in any way involved in drugs/drug dealing. A lot of young people are broke and don't end up tied up with drugs. Jonathan had a great family who I'm sure would've helped him with rent, etc.

Audrey's ex is 100% to blame imo. Whatever ties to these other dirtbags were not the result of any shady dealings with Jonathan (or Audrey) imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back