MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

Father of 3 boys missing from Morenci in 2010 up for parole

A father of three Michigan brothers who have been missing since 2010 has served a decade in prison and is up for parole, officials said.

John Skelton, 48, is tentatively scheduled for a parole hearing the week of July 27, a spokeswoman with the Michigan Department of Corrections told The Detroit News on Friday. The hearing will be conducted via teleconference.

Skelton is housed at Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility in Ionia where he is serving 10 to 15 years for unlawful imprisonment...

IMO, if there is anyone who does not deserve parole it's someone who purposely takes not 1... not 2..... but 3 children away from everyone who loves them, forever.

I think the legal system have held him for as long as they can with what charges they could without any solid evidence of a more heinous/egregious crime committed. So, I commend MI for doing what they could with what they had. Having said that, I hope he is denied parole.

The board might consider a lot of options for release on parole. They should consider his safety and what all that would cost. I'm just ballparking here, pretty much everyone from the metro D area up to the UP and back down to SW area know who this is , what he looks like and what he has done.
When citizens are out recreating ,sledding, fishing or hunting. Everyone keeps an eye out. Lots of dense woods, swam and many many lakes where remains could turn up. These little guys may have been taken across state lines, such a sad case.
Guess we will see what the great minds on the parole board and in AGs office think .I don't think the citizens of the late great state will be agreeable to this man released into our midst. JMO gonna sit on my hands now
Tanya Hugs))).You are an amazing person I pray for the boys and to you every day. Hope you are doing well.KRS

Thanks for the job tip ozoner! Seems like I’m a perfect fit :D

anyway, I only just became aware of this hellish case by watching Danelle Hallan’s video today. I thought to myself, “oh god he may be up for parole by now...” surely they must be able to say something like “lead us to the boys or you’re not going free”. And I saw someone saying that they could just declare the boys legally dead and charge him for murder the moment he steps foot outside the prison? But I guess that’s not happening from the sources posted here. I understand there are a myriad problems with that idea of course, but at this point I’d throw anything I could at the wall to see what stuck, because the guy knows the truth and still won’t tell.

Thanks @Ozoner and since I have little hope for this AG. The gee I don't know wasn't me defense will stand. Welcome to WS halfbrillant. Glad to have new eyes !
I don't remember where ( am sure there is info back up this thread. I know searchers we out looking between Mi and Florida for these missing boys. Dad is a real piece of work :(

Thanks for the job tip ozoner! Seems like I’m a perfect fit :D

anyway, I only just became aware of this hellish case by watching Danelle Hallan’s video today. I thought to myself, “oh god he may be up for parole by now...” surely they must be able to say something like “lead us to the boys or you’re not going free”. And I saw someone saying that they could just declare the boys legally dead and charge him for murder the moment he steps foot outside the prison? But I guess that’s not happening from the sources posted here. I understand there are a myriad problems with that idea of course, but at this point I’d throw anything I could at the wall to see what stuck, because the guy knows the truth and still won’t tell.
They could definitely charge him with murder. The trouble is, they're afraid that they would have at least one naive juror who, lacking concrete proof, would refuse to believe that a father would murder his three sons in cold blood. For that reason, the State thinks it would be better to wait and see whether the boys' bodies turn up.

I heard this man was up for parole I thought today but apparently July 27th. I was born and raised in a nearby county but I've moved around a lot since and so I lost track of what if anything had happened to the father. I'm grateful to know he's been incarcerated all this time and I don't know how I feel about his being paroled. A small part of me thinks maybe it will help discover what happened to these children like he'll feel compelled talk to somebody or slip up somehow and their fate will become known. Otherwise I would never want him to see the light of day again.

Thank you all for following this case so long and keeping hope alive for these three boys.

@Alphafuzz I agree with you but worry they can't be found, even with a confession. But hopefully they will be someday so justice can REALLY be served. Nothing less than true life in prison is good enough.
If you read between the lines of his various stories, it's easy enough to suss out the truth. He strangled the boys in his home, placed their favorite stuffed animals in their arms, wrapped them in blankets, and then drove them into Ohio and put them in a dumpster. Odds are they are deep in a landfill.

Just watched "Black Friday" on YouTube. I cannot believe with the technology and forensics nowadays, these beautiful boys have not been found. They deserved better!
That said, my instincts are telling me this. Father used to be trucker. Truckers know what truckers are wierd, pedophiles, crossing multiple state lines, looking for cash, etc. He drove to Holiday City, OH. Met with trucker crossing many state lines. Trucker agreed to take kids or bodies and get rid of them. Father tells everyone he gave them away. Boys may have been trafficked, killed, dumped somewhere across many state lines. I would find out the truckers that spent night or got gas in or around Holiday City, OH. Where were they headed? Who had criminal records, known traffickers, etc. Truckers are the ones who can solve this case IMO. For some reason Nashville/Memphis keeps popping in my head. Maybe bc I live in TN Valley and that area is a crossroads to SW, MW, SE, E, S, W, N and NW. Just my theory. I am from suburban Detroit and live in TN. On this site bc a friend has been missing since '82 from Novi, MI.
These boys deserve better from all involved. 3 boys missing almost 10 years in this day with the technology and forensics available. Father is not a brainiac. Certainly not smarter than the FBI. Someone dropped the ball early on in investigation. These boys should have been found within a month. Just my opinion. 60k reward? This is the first I have heard of it and I am on news websites a lot. Truckers out there may have seen or heard something, not knowing it's a clue. May have seen something and never thought about it again. God bless these boys.

John Skelton denied parole

In a Facebook post, the missing boys' mother said that the family received a letter on Tuesday from the Michigan Department of Corrections saying that John Skelton was denied parole. The imprisoned father reportedly came up for a parole review in July.

The family says that the parole board will not reassess John Skelton’s eligibility for parole until 2022.

Last edited:
I am new to this case. I am from W. Bloomfield, MI but ended up in TN via Florida trying to make my way back home. I planned to stay 2 years, but have been here 17. Still trying to move home, but health issues have made selling my home impossible. I came to this site bc one of my best friends went missing from 12 Oaks Mall in Novi in 1983. She was 17. I miss her so much. I came across this case a couple weeks ago watching YouTube true crime stuff. I watched a WDIV documentary on these little boys disappearance and it just devastated me. So, I came to their page on Websleuths to see updates, and see if I could help with thoughts and ideas. I went to college for a degree in Law Enforcement. Just before finishing my 2nd year, I was violently assaulted by 3 men, and my injuries were bad enough, I could no longer follow my dream. But my want for justice in cases like this is as strong as ever. Since I am in TN, I am hoping if the boys were "given away" that whoever may have them may have come thru here, or even live here. Like I said before, I think truckers, or even truck stop working girls, may have seen them and not realized what was happening. It not hard to remember these 3 precious boys. I had just heard about these boys 2 weeks ago, and I'm a news hound. I think flyers need to be posted at truck stops, Waffle Houses and the like, along every major freeway from Mich to FL and across the country. I would gladly do the area from Chattanooga and Knoxville off I-75 and I-40. I will do anything I can to help find these boys. I had some questions though.
Has Mr. Skelton ever said who he gave the boys to? Or is it pretty much assumed he did something sinister or hired someone to do something sinister to the boys? I searched that area in Ohio via Google Earth and there are so many places they could be. His cell last pinged in that area and than it pinged at his house later? How long was his cellphone pinging away from the house? (i.e. how long was he, (his cell), in the Holiday City, OH area?
Also, were there any security cams along the way from Morenci to Holiday that captured anything? Somebody had to have seen something. Did they find any blood or shovels or anything like that at his residence? In his minivan? Were his tires muddy or any tireprints in muddy areas found anywhere that matched? Was his cell/computer confiscated and was anything found on the hard drive that was suspicious? How about his movements in the weeks leading up to their disappearance? Was he seen on any security cameras scouting areas or talking to people his ex didn't recognize? I still think our truckers and/or working girls at truck stops may have seen something. Not necessarily in MI or Holiday City, OH, but elsewhere. KY, IN, etc.
My questions may be redundant to stuff already posted, but like I said, this is all new to me. I wish we could get their story or a flyer to go national. Even at hospitals. Kids get sick. They would be almost adults now, but still.
What was Mr. Skelton found guilty of? How many years? I wonder why he won't open his trap and just tell investigators where the boys are? To punish his ex? Thats done. She has suffered more than he will ever understand. Heartless!!

I am new to this case. I am from W. Bloomfield, MI but ended up in TN via Florida trying to make my way back home. I planned to stay 2 years, but have been here 17. Still trying to move home, but health issues have made selling my home impossible. I came to this site bc one of my best friends went missing from 12 Oaks Mall in Novi in 1983. She was 17. I miss her so much. I came across this case a couple weeks ago watching YouTube true crime stuff. I watched a WDIV documentary on these little boys disappearance and it just devastated me. So, I came to their page on Websleuths to see updates, and see if I could help with thoughts and ideas. I went to college for a degree in Law Enforcement. Just before finishing my 2nd year, I was violently assaulted by 3 men, and my injuries were bad enough, I could no longer follow my dream. But my want for justice in cases like this is as strong as ever. Since I am in TN, I am hoping if the boys were "given away" that whoever may have them may have come thru here, or even live here. Like I said before, I think truckers, or even truck stop working girls, may have seen them and not realized what was happening. It not hard to remember these 3 precious boys. I had just heard about these boys 2 weeks ago, and I'm a news hound. I think flyers need to be posted at truck stops, Waffle Houses and the like, along every major freeway from Mich to FL and across the country. I would gladly do the area from Chattanooga and Knoxville off I-75 and I-40. I will do anything I can to help find these boys. I had some questions though.
Has Mr. Skelton ever said who he gave the boys to? Or is it pretty much assumed he did something sinister or hired someone to do something sinister to the boys? I searched that area in Ohio via Google Earth and there are so many places they could be. His cell last pinged in that area and than it pinged at his house later? How long was his cellphone pinging away from the house? (i.e. how long was he, (his cell), in the Holiday City, OH area?
Also, were there any security cams along the way from Morenci to Holiday that captured anything? Somebody had to have seen something. Did they find any blood or shovels or anything like that at his residence? In his minivan? Were his tires muddy or any tireprints in muddy areas found anywhere that matched? Was his cell/computer confiscated and was anything found on the hard drive that was suspicious? How about his movements in the weeks leading up to their disappearance? Was he seen on any security cameras scouting areas or talking to people his ex didn't recognize? I still think our truckers and/or working girls at truck stops may have seen something. Not necessarily in MI or Holiday City, OH, but elsewhere. KY, IN, etc.
My questions may be redundant to stuff already posted, but like I said, this is all new to me. I wish we could get their story or a flyer to go national. Even at hospitals. Kids get sick. They would be almost adults now, but still.
What was Mr. Skelton found guilty of? How many years? I wonder why he won't open his trap and just tell investigators where the boys are? To punish his ex? Thats done. She has suffered more than he will ever understand. Heartless!!
There is no chance that the boys were given away. That was a silly story that only the most gullible members of the public ever believed. LE never bought it; they know that Skelton killed the boys.
He has told numerous stories; his giving them away was just one version.
In other versions, he put the boys favorite stuffed animals in their arms, wrapped them in blankets, and left them behind a dumpster in Ohio.
That story is very close to the truth, although I believe he put them in a dumpster, not behind a dumpster. They are deep in a landfill somewhere.
They were already dead before they left his house; he strangled them with nooses, which LE has in evidence.

There is only one reason why he won't tell the truth. If he told the truth, that would be admitting to a triple murder, which would allow the State of Michigan to charge him with homicide in the first degree. That would mean a life sentence, whereas he will eventually get out of prison on his conviction for abduction. (I don't think he'll get parole; I think he'll serve the max.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back