FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
More random thoughts / re: the apartments:

We have seen cases where children have gotten out of a residence, but I’m not really “feeling that” in this case. I think he was placed in that area intentionally. Maybe he wandered a bit, but I wouldn’t anticipate too far. Again, who really knows. I could be wrong, of course.

Would a random person care about Kam enough to put him somewhere safe? Makes me wonder if this is a possibility maybe it is not a stranger?

A couple general statements re: the drug thing:

If someone really wants drugs, and can not find them close by, then they may be willing to drive to the ends of the earth to get it. JMO

While I don’t consider marijuana a hard “drug”, but rather a natural and what should be considered universal legal “herb”, imo, I can honestly say that if I ran out of weed I would drive to Timbuktu to get it.

Now add a drug(s) that is highly addictive and would cause someone to “jones” and have withdrawals, and I could definitely see someone taking a long drive if the situation required.

Just some thoughts here in the most victim-friendly of ways. I/we do not know if drugs are at play in this case, but considering the already established history, I wanted to respond to some of the posts which addressed this.

ETA: Also re: making a sale on an item, if it would produce enough profit to make the drive worthwhile, then I could see that too, especially if times are desperate. Additionally, these are pandemic times, and she has a child to feed and get diapers for, afterall.

I wonder if she might have gone down there to pick up a significant quantity of some drugs to bring back/sell/turn over, then something happened with the Florida contact. Maybe cocaine? Crack? Meth? Pills? Heroin?

LE would now have a record of cell phone transactions.

Last edited:
This isn’t true in a lot of states, all that I’ve seen or encountered actually. Not only can you register a vehicle on a suspended or revoked license, you don’t need a license at all. I know different states have different requirements but I’ve never seen a state that requires an active, clean, valid license to register a motor vehicle. Ever. At the end of the day the states are more concerned with collecting the taxes and fees associated with vehicle purchases and registration.

The argument can also be made that just because you can’t legally operate a vehicle, doesn’t exclude a legal driver from operating your vehicle for you.

The issues that would arise from a suspended license would be in obtaining insurance and proof of, which IS required for registering a vehicle in most states. Many policy writers will reject a request for insurance by a driver with a suspended license and those that will accept an application for coverage will increase the payments/premiums due to obvious increased risk of insuring a driver with a suspended license. Most policies also will not cover drivers involved in an accident that occurred involving the policy holder operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license, regardless of “at fault” findings as well.

Lastly, of course it would also be against the law to operate the registered motor vehicle if that operator was doing so on a suspended license. That said, there are a lot of illegal things but that doesn’t keep people from doing them regardless unfortunately. While laws are intended to prevent people from doing things that shouldn’t be allowed, sadly this doesn’t work and they only act to enforce consequences for those that choose to do so anyway.

I know it's state-specific, and this may have changed, but I was unable to register a car in Texas after moving there (some years ago) because I did not yet have a current, valid, Texas driver's license.

MOO

Would a random person care about Kam enough to put him somewhere safe? Makes me wonder if this is a possibility maybe it is not a stranger?
I’ve been thinking about this a lot, if this could possibly indicate that this wasn’t a stranger, and imo a conclusion can not be reached on this because there are some “criminals” who just don’t kill kids. As I mentioned in an earlier post, from a psychological standpoint, this “person”(s), if there is one, does not consider himself or herself a “child killer” or “baby killer”. It could mean they know the child, but imo, not necessarily.

Last edited:
Good speculation but I think that's a pretty long way for a woman to go just to meet some guy online and to take your son with you? Online dating isn't that taboo that she couldn't tell one close friend.

I dunno, maybe a woman is involved, maybe they were watching Kam. Moo

She may not have felt comfortable telling anyone, for fear of being judged? Her relationship dynamics with family/friends appear to be a little difficult at times, possibly through bad choices and decision making on her part.

I'm wondering if she was trying to sell something through FB and someone messaged to meet her about the items then they abducted her and her son? I really don't think this is a drug situation she doesn't at all seem to be that type of person. She seems more like a mother with a young child just doing what she can to provide for the two of them. I think a lot of us can relate to that and sadly those are the ones who get taken most often it seems. When it comes to providing for our kids we tend to do things in a time of struggle against our better judgement like agreeing to meet people we don't know by ourselves.

Would like to see the Walmart video showing Kamdyn and his Mother with a man that was mentioned in the earlier posts.

I mean, yes. Some awful people that have done horrible things to other people do draw the line when it comes to children. The poor little guy just turned 2 in April, couldn't tell LE his own name or age so there was no reason to harm him. And keeping him would be dangerous too. I don't think letting the baby go necessarily means that someone close to them is doing this. Oh, and the baby might have just ran away while the adults were busy. I hope to God she's found safe and sound.

A couple general statements re: the drug thing:

If someone really wants drugs, and can not find them close by, then they may be willing to drive to the ends of the earth to get it. JMO

While I don’t consider marijuana a hard “drug”, but rather a natural and what should be considered universal legal “herb”, imo, I can honestly say that if I ran out of weed I would drive to Timbuktu to get it.

Now add a drug(s) that is highly addictive and would cause someone to “jones” and have withdrawals, I could definitely see someone taking a long drive if the situation required.

Just some thoughts here in the most victim-friendly of ways. I/we do not know if drugs are at play in this case, but wanted to respond to some of the posts which addressed this.

ETA: Also re: making a sale on an item, if it would produce enough profit to make the drive worthwhile, then I could see that too, especially if times are desperate. Additionally, these are pandemic times, and she has a child to feed and get diapers for, afterall.

I wonder if she might have gone down there to pick up a significant quantity of some drugs to bring back/sell/turn over, then something happened with the Florida contact. Maybe cocaine? Crack? Meth? Pills?

LE would now have a record of cell phone transactions.
Or maybe the truck broke down?

She may not have felt comfortable telling anyone, for fear of being judged? Her relationship dynamics with family/friends appear to be a little difficult at times, possibly through bad choices and decision making on her part.
I mean, I totally get that. Some families are very judgy, even if there were no "bad choices" made in the past.

Would like to see the Walmart video showing Kamdyn and his Mother with a man that was mentioned in the earlier posts.
Me too. It would help to know what Leila was wearing, what her hair looked like, etc. If they don't want to release the video because of the supposed guy, then just edit a bit or something. If she's on camera, then they're wasting a good resource to have people on high alert.

More random thoughts / re: the apartments:

We have seen cases where children have gotten out of a residence, but I’m not really “feeling that” in this case. I think he was placed in that area intentionally. Maybe he wandered a bit, but I wouldn’t anticipate too far. Again, who really knows. I could be wrong, of course.
That is my gut feeling too.

That is my gut feeling too.

Mine as well. I don't feel like this is a random abduction out of the Walmart parking lot. It feels to me like she went there with the intention of meeting someone for something whether it was a job prospect or to sell something. I feel like even if it were a romantic connection wouldn't she have left Kam with someone? A relative or a friend before she left? Who introduces their child to a love-connection on the first contact? That seems unusual. At first I really did think that they were abducted from Georgia and taken to Florida, but now that her truck was found there I see that she probably went with some intention. Regardless... I also believe that Kamdyn was released in that area intentionally and that Leila was the main objective.

Mine as well. I don't feel like this is a random abduction out of the Walmart parking lot. It feels to me like she went there with the intention of meeting someone for something whether it was a job prospect or to sell something. I feel like even if it were a romantic connection wouldn't she have left Kam with someone? A relative or a friend before she left? Who introduces their child to a love-connection on the first contact? That seems unusual. At first I really did think that they were abducted from Georgia and taken to Florida, but now that her truck was found there I see that she probably went with some intention. Regardless... I also believe that Kamdyn was released in that area intentionally and that Leila was the main objective.

I agree, not a random abduction but with the person she was seen with last at Walmart.
He probably lives at the apartments where her son was found.

I want to let you guys know that I have invited some of Leila's family on here. They are so upset with some of the Facebook groups and what is being said I felt we could offer support for them here. I just heard back from her sister Gina and she thanked me. I am not sure if she will join or not but wanted everyone to know about it. I told her about Tricia, and how it's my favorite place to go. <3

I agree, not a random abduction but with the person she was seen with last at Walmart.
He probably lives at the apartments where her son was found.
That's a big possibility but that would pretty much assume the Kamdyn escaping from an apartment angle. Who would intentionally release a child directly into their front yard and attract police attention to the area where a crime is being committed.

Maybe someone was watching Kamdyn to see if he got safely picked up by anyone ?
Maybe that's why he wasn't distressed, because he hadn't been alone for long.

I can’t imagine a Mother doing that. Anyone could pick him up.

Maybe she was being held against her will, tied down or drugged and Kamdyn was playing outside in front of that apartment in the sandy soil.
May be that he was a good guy or just someone she was meeting at Walmart then things turned bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member