FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviewing timeline and for some reason, this really jumped out.

He was wandering around while holding toys in both hands.”

Read it days ago I guess, but when I watched the video processed in my mind that the police gave Kamdyn the toys.

This lends itself to what @margarita25 said about the red herring. If Kam was planted on SW 68 Avenue, the prep probably gave him the toys to occupy him. Not sure if truck was abandoned before or after this.

Last edited:
Yes I‘ve had the same thought too, carbuff. As @IHAVENOCLUE mentioned, the ole @Foxfire special (jurisdictional blindness).

I checked on this earlier, to see if she specifically mentioned “Florida” though, and it seems per the dad’s quote, that she did. So it seems that was the intention. They also said they believe she was “last seen” in Hollywood.

I wonder if she even ever even in that Walmart. That could’ve just been a post vehicle dump.
If she met with foul play after being lured here this person must be an idiot if Walmart was the meet up - as most have noted the cameras are aplenty and I expect us to to video released very soon If this is what happened
JMO

But LE says she was last seen near the Walmart in Florida. I’m assuming it’s her car on a surveillance camera but we don’t know. If it was her car and they couldn’t see her, they’d say her car was last seen. But they said she was last seen in Hollywood.
I don't understand cause it wasn't specific on any article I see. Police reported she was seen in Hollywood, surveillance cameras or by witnesses, BUT about surveillance cameras date (s) were after or before they found the boy in Miramar?
Her car in Walmart Parking Lot was left before or after?

If she met with foul play after being lured here this person must be an idiot if Walmart was the meet up - as most have noted the cameras are aplenty and I expect us to to video released very soon If this is what happened
JMO

If there was foul play, let’s hope the perp is an idiot and showed his face in that parking lot.

The Walmart parking lot could at least give a perp the impression of “hiding in plain sight”, with that vast sea of cars and likely few passersby (and easy sight lines for who can see you). The Miramar apt complex parking lot feels a lot riskier. Lots of windows, lots of people potentially walking to/from cars and homes. When I listened to the interview with the kind woman who found him, it sounds like he was inside the apartment complex. How would anyone a drop off a baby there without being seen?

I wonder if there wasn’t more than one perp involved.

MOO

Do we have confirmation of what night she left GA?

This article says she messaged her grandmother on 7/26. Isn’t that Sunday? I may be confused...

Police search for mom of toddler found wandering alone in Florida

“Her grandmother was the last person to have any communication with her, through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members.”
Uhmmm...that day, July 26th was Sunday, when the little boy was found walking by himself in the morning.

Kam's dad is still a little suspicious to me MOO.but I don't really have much to back it up. He has also said she is a great mom, he does not sound like a vindictive guy.

I have hard time believing that a perp would care so much to drive to an area where he could be spotted and drop off Kam in a place that he would be safe unless it was a hit.
Even if the perp cant kill a child he could have dropped him anywhere unless that Is where they all were.

Kam's dad is still a little suspicious to me MOO.but I don't really have much to back it up. He has also said she is a great mom, he does not sound like a vindictive guy.

I have hard time believing that a perp would care so much to drive to an area where he could be spotted and drop off Kam in a place that he would be safe unless it was a hit.
Even if the perp cant kill a child he could have dropped him anywhere unless that Is where they all were.

BBM

It made me feel like there was a woman involved somehow. Maybe an accomplice.

MOO

It’s also possible that Leila and Kam were at the apartment together earlier, and Leila left while he was sleeping (at or against her will) and met foul play. Someone could’ve let him out, or he could’ve opened the door and walked out on his own when he woke up.

MOO

One more thing, I don't use cash apps it's not popular in my country but it's a bit weird that folks can see who is giving who money. Is there not an option to make these things private? Some chap is about to get sluethed like crazy because he sent her money in the past.

One more thing, I don't use cash apps it's not popular in my country but it's a bit weird that folks can see who is giving who money. Is there not an option to make these things private? Some chap is about to get sluethed like crazy because he sent her money in the past.

Venmo by default leaves transactions public. I have notified my friends and family that I can see their "other" transactions not with me. Very weird feature (IMO)

Considering Kamdyn was wearing a diaper there has to be a diaper bag somewhere.
Wonder if LE kept the (soiled) diaper KC was wearing when he was found, not that it is likely- but just in case there is dna or fingerprints on it from someone other than Leila? imo.
Maybe if the sand on KC did not come from the surrounding area, they could analyze and trace where it did come from.. speculation.

It is absolutely, 100% an option to make all transactions private instead of public (on the ones I've used anyway). It is odd to me that people leave this info out there for anyone to see. Just like when their Facebook is completely public.

Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone

I'm reading all these different news reports and wondering if there is any proof to back any of the claims that she met a man online and he paid for her to come to Florida for the weekend or is this strictly speculation? I really don't know why someone would pay to bring her and her son all the way to Florida just to kill her. I mean if the motive was just to kill I'm sure they could have found women right there in Florida without having to pay her way down and leave a trail of evidence behind her. However, then you have the human trafficking side of things would traffickers target her over the internet and pay her to go to meet them knowing she had a child with her? I just don't know it seems to me again they could find a more cost effective target and less risky target. So none of these options make sense to me but then again none of these cases ever do. Just hoping that she is found safe and brought back to her family.

Thinking out loud, if she’s been lured and harmed by a predator, this person(s) knew they’d be abandoning a baby and leaving a small child without a mother. :mad: Thankfully, though, they left K alive.

Yeah, this has been a concern about all crimes going forward during these times... :( and no rest for wicked either during a pandemic.

Yes, agree. For example, Mackenzie Lueck was incapacitated/ abducted immediately upon meeting AA in the park.

Another thing, she may have realized as soon as she met the person face to face that this was NOT the person she was expecting to meet (catfish).

This possibly screams at predatory luring and grooming, lured out in the night: Nicole Lovell, Savannah Pruitt...

I wonder if she was asked to do this, leave at night, “so they could later spend the day at the beach”, or something like that.

—-

“The father said he had plans to visit Leila and Kamdyn in Georgia
, but before he could make it there, he learned the news of his daughter and grandson.”

Investigators believe missing mom left Georgia ‘abruptly,’ her father says

Hmmm.
To pull from the last article, dad says she “picked up in the middle of the night and just left.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this is new information, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong